View Poll Results: Do you like this class concept so far?

Voters
19. This poll is closed
  • YES

5 26.32%
  • NO

6 31.58%
  • NEVER

8 42.11%
    Deleted

Invoker- New class ideas

A few months ago(seems like years to me) I created a class based off the Invoker unit from dota. because of multiple attempts of bumping it, it sadly got closed. in the meantime, I had some time invested on revamping the class. To which I would like to present to you the result. Here is the Invoker 2.0 lol:
    BTW I am changing this class into a normal lvl 1 class so don't mind the lvls

Invoker

The Invoker is the most well-rounded spell casting hero class, due to his massive array of spells. Using his three elemental reagents and his Discharge skill, the Invoker can utilize an almost unending compendium of spells. Due to his complexity and fragility, the Invoker is a bad choice for newer players. With some experience, however, he becomes a force to be reckoned with. The Invoker is capable of massive area of effect damage, powerful disabling spells, very strong summons, and potent enchantments. While other spell casters tend to be focused in one area, the Invoker has the ability to change his role at will. Although mastering his spells takes perhaps the most practice of any hero class, he is definitely worth the time.
    This class would consist in a tank spec, one dps and a healer, while their combat style would be of a medium ranged spell caster.

Armor: cloth, with intellect for healing and tank spec and agility for dps spec.
    Since some people missed my other threads I will have to put a NOTE regarding agility cloth armour:
    -it would have to be implemented ofc but the Invoker would not be the only class to use it/read my other class threads plz =)

Races: Draenei, Blood Elves,Goblins,Night Elves, Worgen, Gnomes, Trolls

For combat, the Invoker would use mainly medium to short ranged spells, so in that way it would be able to kite enemies away from melee range. Invokers make use of mostly channeled spells, meaning that apart from instant cast spells, or special buffs, it will only be able to cast one spell at a time, with the risk of it being interrupted. In addition, most of the channeled spells cannot be cast while moving, only those that are specifically designed for such. This would certainly revolutionize the play style in 3 ways:
    1st) it would bring a completely ranged tank that would have to fend off attacks by actively using spells but would have an advantage against melee enemies due its ability to protect himself as well as allies in short range from a high amount of damage.
    2nd) it would bring a short ranged dps spec based on the shadow mage class in the sense that it uses high bursts of shadow damage as well as the manipulation of shadows to affect his enemies quickly.
    3rd) it would bring a spec that would require the aid of pets to heal and although with limited range, it would have the best resource system for healing, blood.

ELEMENTAL COMBOS: (note that there will be specifications for each spec based on the choices they make on the tier 45 of the talent tree. Also, there are unique rules for each spec, in terms of what kind of combinations they can use:
    BM- The BM can only use the 6 same-type elemental combos, the 3 wex ,quas and exort combo and combos that use 4 charges of the element they choose;
    GW- The GW can use any combos that have the elemental charge they chose from the 45 tier talent;
    SW- The SW can only use 6 same-type combos

Spec Trees:

Glass Wraith – The faction of the Kirin Tor’s council that manipulates the secret magic of the dark glass, a mystical element that is capable of taking different physical properties and has the natural capacity for storing and boosting arcane and elemental energy through it. These dark glass adepts would be the short range damage dealers capable of converging their magic into shadow creations and telekinesis and with highly recurrent bursts of critical strikes to balance its damage with other intellect user classes. DPS tuned spec

Dune Keeper– A fierce protector of the world, the Sand Keeper has been training in the Halls of Origination in order to unlock the immense power hidden within the vast plains of his mind, which is why it can withstand attacks with powerful spells and magic. The Dune Keeper have strong ties with the titans, which have long chosen their ancestral masters to protect the world before. This tank spec is capable of landing a good amount of utility spells, along with a very solid defensive array of abilities. They excel in keeping enemies at range while using magic to protect himself and his allies, by taking advantage of highly developed kiting abilities as well as powerful shielding magic. Tank spec and CC spec

Blood Mage– A blood mage employs dark rites, originally taught to mortals by demons, in order to access more powerful magic. A blood mage must be willing to sacrifice their own life force or that of others in order to wield this power (this is my vision of a blood mage, but since it is commonly mistaken by the mere use of fire by blood elves I guess I could call it another thing that I am yet to care about =P). Basically, this spec is designed for healing and support purposes at medium range using variations of warlock's life siphon for short aoe heals and CC abilities like Blood Puppet, manipulating the blood of their enemies around them. Healing and CC spec

Combat Mechanics

Invokers use a portable Canister made of an ancient and mysterious element called the "Dark Glass". Inside the canisters, they store all their power, in other words, "mana" but with slightly different properties, meaning sand for the tank spec, blood for the healer spec and volts for the dps, which in practice means that the resource bar has the same resource limit of the common mage, but it can change its elemental state between quas, wex and exort, which would be portrayed on the same place as a hunter's aspects, but these do not bring any effects. Another very important aspect is that the only way for the Invoker to make use of spirit stats to recharge the resource is by having the Glass Spheroid near at least 10 yd. This is a standard class condition.
    Moving on, the use of spells generates a special charge, similar to what happens with rogues. Secondly, the Invoker would generate this special charge, which would either be quas, wex or exort, based on the elemental state active at that moment, and spend the sequence of charges to cast a different spell. However, the Invoker should not have an edge against other mana users so, in order for this to be balanced, the Invoker would only be able to generate charges by completing their spell's channeling or casting (instant cast spells won't generate charges). In order to activate the 6 charges combo, the player would need to click on the “discharge” button. This way, the player can build up the charges he wants, and save them to use when it pleases him. But, a very important aspect to the gameplay is that if the elemental charges collected do not make a usable combo, the discharge effect will not work and all charges will be lost.

GAMEPLAY EXPLANATION:

Right, this class has the most complex and hard to master resource not because of the mana system but because of the quas, wex and exort charges you have to build up but also because of the tight relation you must have with your sidekick, the Glass Spheroid.
    But this is nothing new, as if you play or have played dota you will know, the invoker comes from that and if it’s playable in that game than it should also work in wow.

Visually, every time a charge is stored for an elemental combo, it should make its appearance in an arc over the Invoker's head, coming from one shoulder to the other, just like Kael'Thas.

ABILITIES:

BLOOD MAGE
    BLOOD MAGE COMBOS
    DUNE KEEPER
    DUNE KEEPER COMBOS
    GLASS WRAITH
    GLASS WRAITH COMBOS
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-07-04 at 10:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here was your old thread on this:

Invoker hero class idea?

Didn't end well. Honestly, it looks like a Shaman and Mage got together and made a hybrid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Here was your old thread on this:

Invoker hero class idea?

Didn't end well. Honestly, it looks like a Shaman and Mage got together and made a hybrid.
    that's one way of looking at it yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Invoker doesn't look bad, decent direction, but it does seem to need something else. Maybe a Merge Between Mage, Preist and Warlock ish.

I think Blademaster should be the next Hero Class, Merg between Warrior and Rogue. I think that should be the next

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Doesn't sound like fun tbh. And don't really need more classes in wow anyway.

And Frankly i am kind of sick of this attitude, WoW is a game, it should keep expanding, and keep offering variety, there is no point where it should get stale and limiting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Invoker doesn't look bad, decent direction, but it does seem to need something else. Maybe a Merge Between Mage, Preist and Warlock ish.

I think Blademaster should be the next Hero Class, Merg between Warrior and Rogue. I think that should be the next

I honestly think blademaster is getting slowly into the game through the arms spec of the warrior. Now about the Invoker, the direction i gave it was towards a channeling based caster which not brings in 3 unique specs but also a unique gameplay with which u need to prepare your ultimate abilities through actively carefully selecting your baseline abilities. It does involve some great insight over the class in order to achieve an efficient use of your resource and ultimate abilities. However, to counter this disadvantage, I have given this class a better than usual cc abilities along with access to a multitude of abilities, making it a really versitile and reliable class.

In terms of the specs, the tank is very much just a mage tank, which is no simple thing and its unheard of in wow. the healer spec is a vampire healer, taken out and put together from bits and pieces of the shadow priest spec, the obvious blood mage from WC and the rest just blood to complete the blending. The dps spec is a high burst shadow mage o^)[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-04-05 at 01:48 AM.

Deleted
    And Frankly i am kind of sick of this attitude, WoW is a game, it should keep expanding, and keep offering variety, there is no point where it should get stale and limiting.
    yh don't bother m8 some people just don't get it...

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 02:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Doesn't sound like fun tbh. And don't really need more classes in wow anyway.
    honest reply, I accept it =). but I think the more classes the better. just like the more heros in dota, the better.

I honestly think WoW has more than enough classes as it is, and all the proposals I've seen for new ones either don't fit the Warcraft universe or WoW from a gameplay perspective. Monks were pushing it, frankly.

One more would make a nice round 12 and 3 of each of the 4 armor types, which would be neat. Though I can't really think of any class that's "missing". Yes they could make Demon Hunters but they'd have to either remove the Demo tree from Warlocks or give DHs an entirely new set of abilities (read: they wouldn't be "Demon Hunters" in the WC3 sense). Shrug. We'll see. But it shouldn't be for at least 1 more expansion yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I honestly think WoW has more than enough classes as it is, and all the proposals I've seen for new ones either don't fit the Warcraft universe or WoW from a gameplay perspective. Monks were pushing it, frankly.

One more would make a nice round 12 and 3 of each of the 4 armor types, which would be neat. Though I can't really think of any class that's "missing". Yes they could make Demon Hunters but they'd have to either remove the Demo tree from Warlocks or give DHs an entirely new set of abilities (read: they wouldn't be "Demon Hunters" in the WC3 sense). Shrug. We'll see. But it shouldn't be for at least 1 more expansion yet.
    Why not ? What real reason is there to not add a new class ? The only one I can think of is balance, windwalker was a prime example that balance is a hard and ongoing thing. The argument that a new class wouldn't bring anything new is moot since there is actually no difference between a Ret and a DK except for ressources, animation and spell name. So making a new hunter-ish class without pet would be something new for example. WoW needs new class to keep it fresh and fun !

Invoker ? Very cool idea in theory (I fucking need a blood mage), not sure it would be possible though !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If ur saying that the Invoker is out of limits for being a class in wow, I think u r mistaken because it is a well known hero from dota and wow(Kael'thas). Now gameplay-wise, I obviously think it can be done, otherwise I would't make this thread.

I think there is plenty of room for not 1 nor 2 nor even 5 new classes but actually all the classes I made so far plus more that are in the making. No matter how many times I explain that there is no problem in adding new classes, people just like to say otherwise. And demo tree isn't at all that much alike to the demon hunter spec that it would need to be removed... only metamorph would need to go and leave demo lock with another cool down that suits it better.

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 06:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Why not ? What real reason is there to not add a new class ? The only one I can think of is balance, windwalker was a prime example that balance is a hard and ongoing thing. The argument that a new class wouldn't bring anything new is moot since there is actually no difference between a Ret and a DK except for ressources, animation and spell name. So making a new hunter-ish class without pet would be something new for example. WoW needs new class to keep it fresh and fun !

Invoker ? Very cool idea in theory (I fucking need a blood mage), not sure it would be possible though !
    its like people that go and say: "oh we don't need any more pairs of shoes, we got all we need. More shoes would only complicate my life because it too much choice." or " we don't need any more monuments or works of art in the world. One colossus and one piramid are enough. They say it all, now lets move on to our miserable little existance."
    its just stupid....

Deleted

Updates

Right, you guys know what's this . Gameplay explanation and poll added to the OP!

Deleted
    Armor: cloth, with stamina for healing spec, intellect for tank and agility for dps spec.

i think you summed up the plausability of your class with this one line

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Camo View Post
    Armor: cloth, with stamina for healing spec, intellect for tank and agility for dps spec.

i think you summed up the plausability of your class with this one line
    Actually, I considered a new cloth armour with agility for other of my classes, being Bard and Witch Doctor two of them.
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-05-03 at 01:38 AM.

Please no new classes. Please?

This is basically just Invoker from DotA, and it wouldn't work in WoW very well at all, simply because he'd be significantly harder to play than other classes, which would mean he'd have to be stronger than other classes. Either the very good players would make this class seem incredibly overpowered, or nobody would play it because it would be too much effort for minimal reward. There's nothing fun about having to try twice as hard as everyone else for the same results.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Please no new classes. Please?

This is basically just Invoker from DotA, and it wouldn't work in WoW very well at all, simply because he'd be significantly harder to play than other classes, which would mean he'd have to be stronger than other classes. Either the very good players would make this class seem incredibly overpowered, or nobody would play it because it would be too much effort for minimal reward. There's nothing fun about having to try twice as hard as everyone else for the same results.
    lol, shouldn't that be a problem in dota as well? and yh, its also time to add something a bit more complicated for those who enjoy challenges. Not every class needs to be facerolling nor does a harder class need to be presumably stronger than others. I know many people would love it from the start and others would learn, eventually, to love it as well.
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-05-06 at 09:07 PM.

"Armor: cloth, with stamina for healing spec, intellect for tank and agility for dps spec." this... is just bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurushockin View Post
    "Armor: cloth, with stamina for healing spec, intellect for tank and agility for dps spec." this... is just bad.
    Nope, I made a NOTE- like this one- on the top of the OP explaining that cloth agility armor is not a standalone creation but is shared between two more classes so far and other to come.

Its in the OP- so no excuse =P.

While I hate Shamans and to some extend druids hogging lightning magic and I'd rather see it being the foundation of a more mage like class, there is no way the above mentioned concept of a shaman-mage bastard child is a good concept to make it worth it's own class. There is also no indication in lore what so ever that speaks of sand wardens or dark glass..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2013-09-09 at 08:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've been warned many times not to delete your posts and then bump your thread. If you had something new to contribute, that's understandable. But bumping by deleting and re-posting is spamming the forum.

Closed