Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Likely doing the same thing they did to Hunters; just giving them full mobility baseline for the remainder of the xpac before they axe it all.

I'm curious about this glyph, because I like the change to Lightning Shield and I assume that Lightning Bolt while moving will become baseline.

My question is why even make this a glyph. Who wouldn't glyph a passive 10% DR? I feel like this glyph will still be as mandatory as the current iteration.

Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    if this is true .... i'm done playing
    same they just help me with that ... how long it was 7 or 8 yrs
    Last edited by Sodia; 2013-04-01 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To all you whiny babies claiming they'd quit: So you're really playing the game right now because you can cast Lightning Bolt while moving? I guarantee you're all bark and no bite. Nobody quits over a stupid change like that.

Was thinking about switching back to my shaman.
    Now, that sure as hell ain't happening now.
    Next up: A reroll will be in place. Probably a hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Seriously this. I'm a high-speed, low-drag, supah-healah. Doling out the feel-goods LIKE A BAWS, keeping everyone shiny, happy and cool. Staying on top of my game, even in a combat situati....THERE'S THAT DAMN GROUNDHOG AGAIN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    To all you whiny babies claiming they'd quit: So you're really playing the game right now because you can cast Lightning Bolt while moving? I guarantee you're all bark and no bite. Nobody quits over a stupid change like that.
    Well the sky is obviously not falling but, speaking for myself, shaman is my go-to char and if I don't want to reroll (ngh, farming 60 factions to exalted) or play as resto 100% of the time because I'm not a big fan of enhancement, taking a break/quitting WoW does seem like a reasonable course of action. Not being able to cast LB while moving essentially removes elemental from any sort of PvP and makes it a lot less fun in PvE.

That said, I hope they make it baseline (though... GC did say he didn't like the glyph being introduced in the first place >_>).

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Likely doing the same thing they did to Hunters; just giving them full mobility baseline for the remainder of the xpac before they axe it all.
    Where is the proof that they are removing the ability to cast while moving from all classes that can do it at the end of the expansion. Show me a link.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

April Fools ?? no way that can go live. It will totally kill us.. I say April Fools, but we'll find out 2morrow.

Blizzard why you do dis

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    Where is the proof that they are removing the ability to cast while moving from all classes that can do it at the end of the expansion. Show me a link.
    It's just a possible change, considering the lead systems designer tweeted that he doesn't like how much movement dps there is. I can definitely see it happening, considering how much movement dps plays in current encounters and theres some classes that can't do anything during movement dps phases, might as well make everyone equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post

stupid change? going back to wolk stationairy crap pve/pvp? ofc pp gonna quit; and i'm gonna be one of those ...

Im assuming if this goes live they will make it baseline in the lightning bolt spell. Do you guys think that would also apply to resto? Would be quite nice to add extra dps and mana from TC whilst on the move

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    I sure hope they include LB casting while running somewhere in there. >_>
    Nvm, my previous post was stupid because I was confused by LB =/= LvB.

Surely they won't remove such a thing which has been in the game since start catacylsm. Would be stupid if they did remove LB on the move.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    Just keep an eye on Ghostcrawler's twitter feed. It comes up a lot and he often replies saying he is unhappy with being able to cast while moving along with the number of instant casts available and will at some point try to get ranged back to having to stand still and hardcast.

Congrats, now eles will be more invincible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookofblade View Post
    maybe we get cast LB while moving baseline! /fingerscrossed
    Commenting from a PvE Enh perspective I suspect this would soothe anyone miffed about the whole Enh hardcasting style (not that I personally mind hardcasting since it is usually near instant anyway)...this would make it similar to Warrior Slam when used with less than full MW. Can't comment from any other perspective than Enh.

If the damage reduc glyph goes through I see many hard choices in both PvE and PvP when it comes to Major Glyphs (I already feel like I make some hard choices) and I think that is in keeping with the design goal for Majors. Interesting developments.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Congrats, now eles will be more invincible.
    With their team? Yeah they are good and strong but separate him from the team and he's just dead meat. 10% dmg reduction is still squat but it's a start but if lightning bolt is going to be stationary only then we are fucked.

I share the same sentiment as several other people. I'm already playing a spec near the bottom of the dps meters, and the next thing Blizzard does to the class is a nerf to one of our main fillers? It just makes me want to drop the class and reroll as something new. But like other people have said, withholding judgement until I see the official notes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't see them removing the moving part for ele, not without touching all the other specs and not without a serious damage buff to our main spells. Ele is already doing poor in PVE overall, and we all remember 4.0 and 4.1. My guess is that it will be incorporated into shamanism (I would be perfectly fine if they were to remove the moving part in return for extra damage).

I completely agree. I will quit playing if they take out the ability to cast LB while moving. That's the most ludicrous thing i've ever heard of. Pre-cata, when shamans couldn't cast LB while moving, made high movement fights nearly IMPOSSIBLE...even with spiritwalkers grace due to the stupid CD. The lack of dots that shaman have (specifically ELE shamans) makes maintaining decent dps when having to move around a lot basically nil.

I dont understand WHY blizzard feels like they have to take that out of the game, especially now that they've given huntards the ability to move and cast their aimed shot, etc, and priests the ability to cast penance while moving. Removing that glyph and replacing it with one that has ZERO application to pve is just F****** STUPID.