Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I personally don't have a single spirit gem in my gear although i'm highly considering it after getting my T15 4 piece.9600 spirit unbuffed with no spirit gems

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ycko View Post
    Sorry - but i don´t see any reason to push up haste to 6652. Because of what? 1 tick for WG and that´s completely all you can give me? For this you are going to reforge spirit, crit or mastery perhaps some gems?

If you raid with 8k spirit in 25 man than the only one thing why you don´t have mana issues is - that your other healers heal so good and so much more than you that you don´t need to heal - question is why are you there. In 10man no way to use your strategy.

This idea is just a joke.

Anyway t15 bonuses are good i think, for 10 man for sure. In 25 man hard to tell - i will take other healers to 25 man than resto druid so hard to speak about these raids.
    I don't think you have to sacrifice some stats to get the cap. I reach the cap the first day of raiding with 461 ilvl so I don't think the cap will be a problem now. 8k spirit with a good trinkets is fine is you play with SotF and the 6660 cap (with the change to SofT from 50% haste to 70% haste I use 6660 for a extra tick of reju in very little cases but... it's only 8 points).

Quote Originally Posted by Tatahe View Post
    I don't think you have to sacrifice some stats to get the cap.
    Any stat you choose to stack is sacrificing other stats. Stack mastery (sacrificing crit and haste), stack crit (sacrificing mastery and haste), stack haste (sacrificing mastery and crit). You can also gem for more X instead of more Y.

Stack dat X

Yeh, 6652 is just not here yet, agreed.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Deleted
    Main difference is 25 and 10 man raiding.

For 10 man raiding you have to look for almost 11k+ spirit if you would like to think about HC modes. In 25 man because of all other players and their CD it could be not so much. Anyway hard to believe guys someone can speak here about reaching 6652 haste cap with gear mixed t14-t15. Non of you can believe 1 extra tick of rejuv is better than 5-8% mastery for all HoTs in this gear If so - than GL...

Tatahe speaks about Soft build and 6652 haste cap. Man - Soft build you use for WG. You want to compare Soft + WG (improved with 5-8% mastery) and 6652 haste +1 tick of rejuv where WG (decreased 5-8% mastery and)??? Don´t tell me please - you can´t believe this

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sexfacejonny View Post
    I gave up spirit and crit to reach the breakpoint 6652.... no loss at all. (I currently raid with 8K spirit in 25 man and dont have mana issues)

If you can reach the 6652 without sacrificing Mastery / int then its the best option to increase your throughput.

As per Ysoph's equation, I find myself gemming mastery over int now anyway.
    Raiding normal doesn't matter which way you go.
    Start raiding heroics content and u'll run oom with ur 8k spirit 2nd haste breakpoint!

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 10:05 AM ----------

The best way to go is 3043 haste> 11k spirit *>Spell power > Mastery

Quote Originally Posted by zdignity View Post
    Raiding normal doesn't matter which way you go.
    Start raiding heroics content and u'll run oom with ur 8k spirit 2nd haste breakpoint!

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 10:05 AM ----------

The best way to go is 3043 haste> 11k spirit *>Spell power > Mastery
    Is that 11k spirit plus two regen trinkets? Or are you averaging the spi from trinkets and including it in that 11k? Thanks!

Deleted
    There is no reason to have spirit trinkets. Just think about it - for 4 spirit gems you have +1280 spirit. If you compare with intelect there is no way how to gem so much intelect on your gear with that number of gems. So prefere intel trinkets and gem spirit till you are all right with your mana.

One more question: can someone tell me how many mana regen or spirit we need to start with heroic progress as a resto druid?
    Last edited by mmoccbb18e3757; 2013-04-09 at 06:03 AM. Reason: editing a question for HC modes

Deleted
    I started raiding 25-man heroic with around 10k spirit for the first 7 bosses and now i am around 12k spirit which feels pretty right for last 6 heroics.

I prefer T15 progress-raiding with 5437 hastecap, sotf und hotw and 4 pcs T14 Set.

It is of course also no fault to raid with 3043 hastecap, I will probably switch back to this after having BIS gear but right now it does not make sense imho.

I also started gemming spirit again, but use intellect flask, food, trinkets and jewel crafting gems.

As you can see I want to get my spirit at least in a 2:1 relationship to intellect.

I don’t like to use Spirit Flask or trinkets (1:1 relationship)

Quote Originally Posted by Ycko View Post
    There is no reason to have spirit trinkets. Just think about it - for 4 spirit gems you have +1280 spirit. If you compare with intelect there is no way how to gem so much intelect on your gear with that number of gems. So prefere intel trinkets and gem spirit till you are all right with your mana.

One more question: can someone tell me how many mana regen or spirit we need to start with heroic progress as a resto druid?
    You misunderstood the question. He was referring to the mana regen from our current INT trinkets.

As to heroic progress: the first boss is easier than the last normal bosses, so you don't need anything special. For the other bosses we've tried so far I had ~10k spi + 2 regen trinkets, and I feel that I need that regen. Might even up spirit a bit more when not using T14 2p any more. Not gemming pure spirit yet.

Been staying around 10.5k spirit throughout the previous tier and this one (currently 10/12 hc 10 man) which have been enough. Using zen gems (spirit and mastery), don't see much need to gem full int anymore as you need the regen and and secondary stats, at least in 10 man. Still 31k spell power, 6k mastery, 3.1k haste and 2k crit works great so far.

2 int trinkets (Imho lei shen and horridon, valor trinket until you get those 2), using 2 set of both t14 and t15, going to swap over to 4/5 t15 when available for higher stats as that is the obvious choice.