Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The end of god comp?

Life swap has a 10 min cd for spriest now, which excludes it from arena/rbgs. mass dispel requires a glyph to remove bubble and other things now too, do you think this will kill god comp? or simply stunt it a bit?

edit: and i know it's april first, and this is the ptr. but meh.

Those are some ridiculously drastic and potentially over the top changes. Changing one or the other would be ok. Flat out gutting the crux of spriest utility is as bad as removing something like novas from frost mages.

Spriests are undeniably strong right now. But Blizzard needs to realize that its not a single class alone that dictates how potent comps are.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I hope so, priests are getting a little out of hand.

Deleted
    These were the old nerfs:

*Psyfiend cast time and HP
    *Halo removing stealth
    *Phantasm giving ranged-immunity
    *Glyph of Mind Spike giving instant MBs on FDCL
    *Off-healing x 3 times (healing decay, pvppower for dps and straight shadownerf)
    *Dispersion belonging to shadowschool

And now this:

*Mass dispell not being able to have short cast time
    *Void Shift unusable in arenas

I feel they are spot on what most complaints are on priests atm. I would rather they just removed the casttime glyph though and keep the bubble dispell into it, same with SW: D and being able to break CCs. There are many other glyph choices, and i'd like to roughly have the same glyphs/talents for all aspects of the game.

Overall i think these are ok, don't think godcomps will disappear if this goes live, but i do believe they with be quite less popular, we'll see how it turns out. At least now i don't think there will be any more nerfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hot dam some good arena balancing for once. Almost amazingly so. If they could show this level of clarity with Mages Hunters and Rogues 5.3 might save this season.

Lifeswap on Spriests was always bullshit. It is effectively Lay on Hands, on a dps spec. When they wont even let Pallys use lay on hands in arena.

And the MD nerf has been far too long in coming. S Priests were effectively dispelling their healer out of every other CC. Now they still can, it will just take 1s longer to get the cast off, giving the opposing team a chance to stop it. I think this will move SPriests down to the level of melee and Warlocks.

Now if only Greg Street could get some VD and be out of the office long enough for Mages to get similar changes.

And why is this thread called the end of god comp. The comp will still work extremely well, it has a mage.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-04-02 at 12:24 AM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Not the end of god comp, the end of spriest pvp as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenobaal View Post
    Not the end of god comp, the end of spriest pvp as a whole.
    The change was needed, spriests will still continue to bring outstanding utility to teams.

Deleted
    These nerfs are needed, but it's also going to make stuff like thug cleave even stronger than it already is, so if these changes are going through, BM hunters also need to get hit with a giant nerf bat, DK's need a big damage nerf when in blood presence and rogues could do with some small fixes as well (shuriken spam first and foremost).

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    These nerfs are needed, but it's also going to make stuff like thug cleave even stronger than it already is, so if these changes are going through, BM hunters also need to get hit with a giant nerf bat, DK's need a big damage nerf when in blood presence and rogues could do with some small fixes as well (shuriken spam first and foremost).
    this, while a spriest nerf was desperately needed, blizz will now have to nerf thugcleave just a bit to compensate

10+ Year Old Account
    rogues could do with some small fixes as well (shuriken spam first and foremost).
    Completely agree. The damage that a melee class can put out at range should never be as high as shuriken spam is right now.

OT: The dispell glyph was overdue. Priests take the glyph now and will continue to do so, it just gives people a chance to actually counter it.
    Void Shift I can see the arguments both for and against keeping it in rated pvp, but like someone else wrote above, it is basically LoH for priests when the priest can cast it when he's not being trained and heal himself up. If LoH can't be used in competitive pvp, it doesn't make sense that something that is extremely similar should be allowable.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Hot dam some good arena balancing for once. Almost amazingly so. If they could show this level of clarity with Mages Hunters and Rogues 5.3 might save this season.

Lifeswap on Spriests was always bullshit. It is effectively Lay on Hands, on a dps spec. When they wont even let Pallys use lay on hands in arena.

And the MD nerf has been far too long in coming. S Priests were effectively dispelling their healer out of every other CC. Now they still can, it will just take 1s longer to get the cast off, giving the opposing team a chance to stop it. I think this will move SPriests down to the level of melee and Warlocks.

Now if only Greg Street could get some VD and be out of the office long enough for Mages to get similar changes.

And why is this thread called the end of god comp. The comp will still work extremely well, it has a mage.
    you really seem to have a problem with mages... i'm sorry that we've been nerfed pretty much all xpac and yet people like you still just can't stand that we even exist. mages will always be somewhere near the top, man. get over it or roll one. simple as that.

as far as these nerfs are concerned, they are overdue. void shift was just too powerful of a spell, and since they seem to balance this game around 3v3, they wouldn't want a comp like god comp to be the overwhelming choice and FotM. i mean, where's the balance in that?

10+ Year Old Account
    i gotta agree that new pvp dew Halinka or whats his name is , is doing amazing job so far. still long way to go tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhell View Post
    you really seem to have a problem with mages... i'm sorry that we've been nerfed pretty much all xpac and yet people like you still just can't stand that we even exist. mages will always be somewhere near the top, man. get over it or roll one. simple as that.
    Bolded is the problem I have with mages.

I play an Hpaladin, I won't complain about Spriests getting nerfed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Really good changes, both of them.

And to people saying SPriests will no longer be viable, you're bad. Spriests will still be incredibly strong because of all the other utility they bring, and they still have their defensive dispel, just with a longer cast time, so that isn't a bad thing either. Plus SPriest damage is still good, and will remain good because they can DoT all 3 people and have all their procs going. No way is this the end of Spriests, or any of their comps, it's simply a much needed nerf.

Now if they nerf Rogues a little I think we'll be in pretty good shape. Just something needs to be done about Shuriken Toss and I think that will fix Rogues, they do far too much damage at range, no other melee does any real damage at range, which makes Rogues a bit over the top right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post

I enjoyed reading that. Maybe in 5.3 9/10 teams I face in arenas wont have an spriest now. Getting real sick of godcomp and similar immune to death teams.

Coming from a rogue, they need to nerf Shuriken toss, It hits incredibly hard for it energy cost. Also put the interrupt on DT to 5 CB, its absurd that I actually use DT at point blank range for a interrupt.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 07:29 AM ----------

1.BM hunters also need to get hit with a giant nerf bat
    2: DK's need a big damage nerf when in blood presence
    3: rogues could do with some small fixes as well (shuriken spam first and foremost).
    1: Agree. I want to see skilled hunters actually running MM or Surv again, all this BM crap is getting kind of annoying. Its not that I hate BM (so many hunters do it completely wrong) its just that its so dam good that it makes the other specs really really bad, not to mention the other specs are a bit lacking to start with. Glyphing for aimed shot casts? Pfft, until that baked in like a lot of effects are getting this patch you wont see much from MM, also MM and or surv having access to some stun defense is a long time coming considering how often they are used now days, its part of what makes BM so dam good.
    2: Agree. Mainly I want to see a end to how powerful blood dk FCs are. To much heals/absorb going on.
    3: See above
    Last edited by Carni; 2013-04-02 at 07:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhell View Post
    mages will always be somewhere near the top, man. get over it or roll one. simple as that.
    Good job, kid. This is exactly why so many people, myself included, hate mages so much. Did you pay for your copy of WoW more than I did? Are you paying higher monthly subscription fee than others?
    No, right? Then why should you ALWAYS be on TOP? lol

Well i'm awake again so here's my wish list for 5.3:
    Since people hate bm so much, Readiness, prep, cold snap, all cooldown reset abilities removed (everyone i talk to hates them) reduce cooldowns on things where needed
    buff pets so they can't be oneshot, but, remove intimidate from bm to remove some of it's utility, stampede 10 min cd so spriests can't call out hunters about it (Most of the good players realize it hits very little now anyway, but it still scares people, and dks can't use their wet noodle army either so why not) mage control and damage slight nerf, little bit of survivablity buff as everyone can realize they're squishy, just have too much control. Warriors lose some cd stacking and gain more defensive (they're getting that in 5.3) buff their sustained. rogues shuriken toss nerfed, i mean i've seen a rogue kite a monk to death with BoS and shuriken toss. now that's just retarded. Warlocks lose some active defensive cooldowns, gain some passive defense, as everyone agrees they have way too many defensives, but also agree they die really fast when they go down. Marksman and sv buffs, DK damage nerf and lastly, monk mobility nerf but buff them in other places. bout all i can think of ATM.

Don't feel that mages are as rediculous as ppls make them out to be (nerfs were quite a spot on), but after nerfing SPs mages will undeniably (and once again) become a #1 caster.

OT: Nerf with Void Shift is spot on, that's too big of a save for dps class that tramples BoP in every possible way. Too good thing to have, especially when you can immune fast switch with dispersion and get toped. On the countrary i think that mass dispell nerf is overboard simply becouse its a significant nerf and reliasing it at the same time as voidshift nerf is overboard. If worst comes to worst blizz can easilly hotfix/small patch voidshift nerf in later, but reliasing both at the same time may really put SPs in the gutter.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Well i'm awake again so here's my wish list for 5.3:
    Since people hate bm so much, Readiness, prep, cold snap, all cooldown reset abilities removed (everyone i talk to hates them) reduce cooldowns on things where needed
    buff pets so they can't be oneshot, but, remove intimidate from bm to remove some of it's utility, stampede 10 min cd so spriests can't call out hunters about it (Most of the good players realize it hits very little now anyway, but it still scares people, and dks can't use their wet noodle army either so why not) mage control and damage slight nerf, little bit of survivablity buff as everyone can realize they're squishy, just have too much control. Warriors lose some cd stacking and gain more defensive (they're getting that in 5.3) buff their sustained. rogues shuriken toss nerfed, i mean i've seen a rogue kite a monk to death with BoS and shuriken toss. now that's just retarded. Warlocks lose some active defensive cooldowns, gain some passive defense, as everyone agrees they have way too many defensives, but also agree they die really fast when they go down. Marksman and sv buffs, DK damage nerf and lastly, monk mobility nerf but buff them in other places. bout all i can think of ATM.
    I agree with some of these but monk mobility nerf? They can roll out of snares, but not roots. Just as stuck as a warrior against a frost mage/void tendrils, resto druid, etc.

Warlocks already have pretty decent passive defensives, but I wouldn't mind a change to something like Dark Regen to lower its effectiveness but have it have a small passive damage reduction boost while not on CD or something.

Shuriken toss needs to be back to utility akin to Burden of Guilt or Frozen Power for Ret/Enhance, apply both poisons and give cheap CP but do jack shit for damage.

Stampede 10 min cd? You just said it really doesn't hit for that much... why does it need to be removed from arena? Any fear bomb/nova/aoe snare severely reduces the effectiveness of the skill.

Intimidate is alright, but pretty much all hunters use Shale Spiders... which DR's intimidate, about all its used for is off-targets, but even then if you run with a rogue or Hpal, stuns may be DR'd anyway.

I have a hunter, and I agree readiness/prep/etc need to go. Sure, make Rapid Fire 2 mins isntead of 3. Etc etc for rogues and mages. But cooldown resetting is dumb, you never know when suddenly the hunter/rogue will pull CD's out of their asses.

Mage control... hm. I think blanket silence is really really dumb, but atm its kind of necessary. Just maybe shorten it by a second or two. Honestly, if you ask me, the entire idea behind shatter needs an overhaul. IDC if mages find it fun, its really dumb. I know they do crap damage outside of FoF and Deep, but thats why their spells need to hit harder but not freaking autocrit. Its too hard to balance. A mage either explodes you in deep or waits 30 seconds to do it again.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 04:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Don't feel that mages are as rediculous as ppls make them out to be (nerfs were quite a spot on), but after nerfing SPs mages will undeniably (and once again) become a #1 caster.

OT: Nerf with Void Shift is spot on, that's too big of a save for dps class that tramples BoP in every possible way. Too good thing to have, especially when you can immune fast switch with dispersion and get toped. On the countrary i think that mass dispell nerf is overboard simply becouse its a significant nerf and reliasing it at the same time as voidshift nerf is overboard. If worst comes to worst blizz can easilly hotfix/small patch voidshift nerf in later, but reliasing both at the same time may really put SPs in the gutter.
    I don't think so. They still keep their high control and high damage, just no more absurdity in instant-save and CC cleansing.