Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Now if they would do something something about the retarded shuriken toss spam and 2pt deadly throw then I might start feeling as if there is hope for MoP PvP. Void Shift nerf will be noticeable but was foreseen. MD nerf very overboard I feel, but it is what it is.

Yeah, i mainly say stampede should go as it seems everyone and their mother hates it despite 1k hits from the pet.
    Monk mobility is mainly overpowered in rbgs/bgs, they can grab the EOTS flag before anyone else gets there if they have engineering. warlocks gained some passive defensive yeah, dark regen is too powerful and im sure some warlocks would like to use the other 2 talents at some point, harvest life in partic as warlocks haven't used drain life seriously all expansion. Maybe give them some passive health regen out of grim of sac and make dark regen a little weaker? Oh, and this is for alot of classes like warlocks/rogues/hunters, make PvP power buff percentage heals as spirit bond/recup are incredibly weak with battle fatigue. second wind is too, but it's still the best warr talent despite this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Now if they would do something something about the retarded shuriken toss spam and 2pt deadly throw then I might start feeling as if there is hope for MoP PvP. Void Shift nerf will be noticeable but was foreseen. MD nerf very overboard I feel, but it is what it is.
    but I have fun pretending to be ranged on my rogue

i have killed equally geared people 1v1 using little more than shuriken toss, with the occasional kidney, rupture and recupe.

the damage it does for the enery cost and for a melee class is way too much, but if they nerd it i will miss it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    Bolded is the problem I have with mages.

I play an Hpaladin, I won't complain about Spriests getting nerfed.
    I play a warlock normally and have tons of buttons and defensives and bla bla. Used to play mage in wrath but abandoned him, now I played one for the last few months on ptr, there is no caster that is as effective and easy to take a 200k chunk from your health than a mage, also the poly pom ring even though it charges is still a sick cc, plus the trinketb nerf to a 1 min cd caters to mages cause now they can zerg every minute with all cd's. Mages can do near a 100k dps on 9k resi targets it's just not normal. Atleats in wrath they were somewhat glass cannons and required a decent amount of skill. Also mages are probably the only class to have extremely potent offensive Glyphs for pressure ( Icy Veins, Ice Lance, Water elemental if you cant control your pet). And the def talents Flameglow, nether tempest, Ice barrier all have utility against different comps. They have seemingly not been nerfed the right ways in pvp cause they still do fucktons of dmg and are insane in some comps.

On topic: Mass dispell nerf i understand, Lifeswap I understand, rather they would trial em and pick one and choose afterwards which one is gonna be the main nerf, cause even though they are both really potent nerfs I doubt the both need to happen. IMO Void shift is ridiculous in arena combined with disperse and the fact you wont go below 25% health. But MD nerf is not really needed since Sp's are so fecking oomable if played crappily.

Deleted
    Ive always felt that life swap was good for disc but a bit too much for shadow. This is really a good change for the health of pvp overall, shadow will continue to be a premier spec in pvp, people will just have to adjust to the change first. The new pvp dev is pretty damn good I've to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenobaal View Post
    Not the end of god comp, the end of spriest pvp as a whole.
    cause having dots tick for 2x more than affliction warlocks while also having the best offhealing, like 2nd best control, and 90k mind blast crits 70 mind spike crits as finishers wasn't OP........ you will still have the highest damage output of any caster just won't have the most utility too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    These nerfs are needed, but it's also going to make stuff like thug cleave even stronger than it already is, so if these changes are going through, BM hunters also need to get hit with a giant nerf bat, DK's need a big damage nerf when in blood presence and rogues could do with some small fixes as well (shuriken spam first and foremost).
    If you haven't read Ghostcrawlers and Holinkas twitter, they have said that the things they will still be looking at for 5.3 are BM hunters instant cc and powershot, Unholy dk being able to sit in blood presence and for rogues both shuriken toss and deadly throw are most likely getting changes. So all of them have been acknowledged.

Over the fucking top and beyond.

I could get behind a life swap nerf, but I think excluding it entirely from arenas for shadow is a bit much.

Deleted
    Well Spriests were doing way too good, I think the nerfs were deserved. I'm tired of facing holy paladin / spriest + whatever class, they got "2 bubbles" if they know when to life swap.

To be honest this is not only the end of Godcomp, this is the end of SP in competitive arena (aka fighting for glad-rank1).

Having played at 2.3-2.4k mmr this season I'd like to think I know quite well how SP, and SP-comps work (considering my ladder is filled with them). With Void Shift, their second best defensive tool, being completely removed together with the Mass Dispel nerf I just don't see how they could possibly be viable. I think people dont understand the difference between a 2.5sec MD and a 0.5s MD, the later is almost guaranteed whereas the first one will almost always get stopped with one of the many interrupts/silences/stuns/incap in this game.

What makes them so viable right now is their massive defensive toolset combined with their relatively "easy" burst, and with that I mean that it's easy to line up with other classes burst. Basically having their entire defensive toolkit removed in one go will make them unviable, completely unviable and I don't see them coming back in the near future either (this expansion).

I predict (if no other changes are made) that Thugcleave, PHD and RMP will rule the ladders, with the Feral counterparts not far behind as a close second (FMP, Junglecleave, Ebolacleave, ok maybe not ebola). I predict the new tier 1 specs/classes will be Rogue/Mage/Hunter and tier 2 specs/classes will be DK/Feral with all other specs/classes quite far behind those.

Oh and I play a Feral, not SP. Just my 0.02 cents.

excellent changes.. about damn time the devs took a look at how op and broken shadow priests are.
    /salute Holinka

If you were playing very conservatively you didn't need void shift anyway. God comp can play VERY defensively until they have 3 orbs and mage burst ready. I don't see that changing very much. It does free up yet another glyph slot for shadow. They have 2 newly free'd glyph slots now after the mind spike nerf. Might take one of the armor glyphs and maybe dispersion? There aren't even 3 good glyphs for shadow anyway.

Not the end of god comp. But I'm going to start calling it shatter play again.

Life swap should never have been usable by Shadow Priests in the first place. It's a shame it took them this long to realise that, as a lot of people have got used to having it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Life swap should never have been usable by Shadow Priests in the first place. It's a shame it took them this long to realise that, as a lot of people have got used to having it.
    Then shadow gets left out in the cold by getting no new ability in the MoP level range.

10+ Year Old Account
    god comp will be fine.. shamans are now screwed tho. and hunters need a nerf / rogues too.. hopefully thats coming.

i dont like them taking void swap out of the game personally..they should have tweaked it. MD had to be changed tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Then shadow gets left out in the cold by getting no new ability in the MoP level range.
    Which is important why? I think the massive talent overhaul and ability restructuring provided every class with enough differentiation from Cataclysm to make it interesting.

i dont like them taking void swap out of the game personally
    It's not out of the game, its exactly the same on Disc and Holy Priests, and Shadow Priests can use it everywhere but Arena.

I'm exicted for how this is going to change healer balance. Resto Shamans without SPriest support might come down to the level of Holy Pallys and Monks. While Disc Priests, and their cleavy burst comp setups rise up.

And with no Mage nerf, how could RMP not make a real comeback.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-04-02 at 05:24 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good changes, locks will be more viable now. Still waiting for mage and hunter nerfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    he didnt say it was good design ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    Over the fucking top and beyond.
    20% representation over 2k in 3v3 ladders is over the fkn top.. you're right.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-04-02 at 06:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I'm surprised it took them this long to kick voidshift from rated. Though it is interesting that they lowered the cooldown for it for the healing specs even if it's only by a minute (5 down from 6). The massdispel nerf was somewhat expected on my end but the end result seems weird to me. Healing specs end up unchanged if glyphed while shadow gets the back to unglyphed model no matter what (nerfed slightly more so since no more bubble/block break if not glyphed). I expected this change to be a clean sweep through all the specs rather then just shadow. Only thing here i'll end up missing is being able to dispel on demand, Just going to have to get used to hitting the button 1 second sooner now that's all.

Overall nothing too huge.