Thread: 2013 MLB Thread

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I dont follow the West Coast teams but were Arizona and Colorado supposed to be good this year? Its still early but both off to 4-1 starts and probably looking to go 5-1 today since AZ is up by 3 in the 7th and CO is playing the Padres who are awful.

Good game for the Yanks today, granted helped by one bad pitch by Verlander which Jayson Nix took deep but some very well hit balls off him!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Blue Jays

Tigers

Angels

NL

Nationals

Reds

Giants
    Lol, Blue Jays. It didn't take long for some Maple hat to come out with that prediction.

10+ Year Old Account
    so far Carl Crawford is working out, Gonzalez has 3 RBI today

Ryu has been solid, got a couple of bats flying out of guy's hands today, Greinke was lights out

late season and off-season moves are mostly panning out, ofc we're without Hanley for awhile longer still and its only game 6, but Crawford was the wild card and he's been the best player on the team in week 1

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well week one went better for my Rangers than I expected. I would have preferred not losing one to the Astros, but that's ok. Hope the issue with Yu's finger is only minor.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

YOU'RE OUT! .....................................

Joe Nathan's reaction is better than Zobrist's.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol When I was watching that I was like "Dang, well he'll get the next... WHAT?!? REALLY?!?!?!"

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    [snip image]

YOU'RE OUT! .....................................

Joe Nathan's reaction is better than Zobrist's.
    Hmm...

Yeah that's pretty bad.

(For those not familiar, you're looking at where the pitch was as it got to the plate, from the catcher/umpire's perspective).

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was that Enrico Palazzo behind the plate?

also, Kershaw NL player of the week, not a big surprise, 2-0 16 scoreless and a homer
    Last edited by draynay; 2013-04-09 at 07:51 PM.

Look out, Robbie Cano seems to have remembered how to hit again!

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    With all that money that the Angels have spent it seems they can't beat the low spending A's.

10+ Year Old Account
    the Padres' bench is so bad this year, they used Eric Stults (LHP) as a pinch hitter, and just left Jason Marquis in the game to hit because they didn't have anybody to hit for him that wasn't worse

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    the Padres' bench is so bad this year, they used Eric Stults (LHP) as a pinch hitter, and just left Jason Marquis in the game to hit because they didn't have anybody to hit for him that wasn't worse
    ...they didn't have anyone better to pitch than Jason Marquis?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Just watched the rammy between the Dodgers & Padres last night, now I like Vin Scully, the guy just has the perfect voice for commentary & I love his work anyway, but his take on things like this is awesome! Matt Kemp's running around the place and you can lipread him saying f'ing BS and god love him Vin's giving it the "he's telling the umpires that's fertilizer" routine, so classy! What wasn't classy on the other hand was the ruck itself, now the pitch got away from Greinke it definitely didn't look like he was pitching at Quentin yet Quentin wanted to go out there & take the guy's head off, I know stuff was said, but be a man, take your base & get on with it, no need to charge the mound. What's even funnier is the fact that Quentin was on the plate like a fat guy at the all you can eat line, he's been hit a ton of times because he crowds the plate and he wants to be a hero by going after the pitcher here...

Greinke for what it's worth shouldn't have lowered the shoulder, you're a pitcher for god sakes, that's asking for trouble, problem is this time he found it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quentin is a thug, he got hit on the bicep, he got hit where it would do the least damage on a full count in a one run game, he leads the league in HBP practically every year, but he gets a chance to wreck a 9 figure guy and he's charging the mound, in fucking April

and yea, Vin is always fun in moments like that, paraphrasing on-field conversations

however this plays out, it would probably be in everyone's best interest if Quentin was suspended when the Padres come to town next week

My favourite part is how Greinke decided going for Quentin's junk would be the funniest thing to do. Some of those stills are hilarious.

He'll want to be suspended if Beckett's due to pitch against them, if my memory is right he's got a bit of a reputation as a headhunter! Vin's great, it's not just the paraphrasing but it's the fact he makes it sound so classy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quentin got 8 games, appealed it, I would expect he drops the appeal at the end of their current series, or they expedite the appeal to be done over the weekend

so with Greinke out 8 weeks, and now Kobe tearing his achilles, I'm deathly afraid something awful will happen to the Kings, it is not our week in LA

im liking the way the Royals are looking for the start of the season, now if they can carry it through. im not holding my breath but i would love to see a 90+ season seeing how they have had maybe 1 winning season in my 27 years of life.