Thread: 2013 MLB Thread

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    A-Rod's statement was just released and it is just pathetic. He is so delusional its sad. Talking about how MLB was just out to get him. I wonder how long before he releases his own line of Tin Foil Hats.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2014-01-11 at 06:08 PM.

Probably after he files papers to be allowed to play in 2014, if that is upheld in Federal court I could see the Yankees being able to cut him loose without penalty.

But it'll rumble on for a year yet, mark my words he'll file an injuction and it'll take minimum of 12-18 months to be finally completed.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Probably after he files papers to be allowed to play in 2014, if that is upheld in Federal court I could see the Yankees being able to cut him loose without penalty.

But it'll rumble on for a year yet, mark my words he'll file an injuction and it'll take minimum of 12-18 months to be finally completed.
    isnt there a clause in every contract that if a player is a lying cheating bastard the contract becomes null and void and they can be immediately released? If there isnt why the hell not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    isnt there a clause in every contract that if a player is a lying cheating bastard the contract becomes null and void and they can be immediately released? If there isnt why the hell not?
    best union in sports

Arod's lawsuit for those who may be interested against MLB & MLBPA, pages 63-77 are the arbitration judgement as issued the other day, pretty much everything prior to that is Arod accusing them of everything from being jerks to breaking the law but stops just short of blaming them for AIDS, third world debt, all known forms of cancer & Justin Beiber.

http://online.wsj.com/public/resourc...LB01132014.pdf

Can't A-Rod just...go away? Too much wishful thinking, I guess. That man is the poster child of all that is wrong in MLB.

Suing the Union is basically the same as suing his fellow players. The Union is funded by their dues. Has anything like this ever happened in any sport? The level of ridiculous of his statements and thought process have reached is starting to get scary. This is way beyond Pete Rose just lying about not Gambling. Hes probably a head case by now thinking the KGB is conspiring with Bud Selig to kill him or some crazy shit like that. When his lawsuit gets laughed out of court, and it will, I wouldnt put it past A-Rod to go on a shooting spree and then blame it on Roid Rage.

Barry Bonds has to be sitting at home going "thank God for A-Rod"
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2014-01-14 at 04:21 PM.

I don't even want to know how much he has spent on lawyers in his life... Probably more even a lot of upper-middle class families make in their lifetimes?

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently Dodgers want the Kershaw extension done by Friday and it's apparently somewhere around 25M a year for 10 or 12 years. For their sake, I hope there's no Lincecum fall-off after the first few good years.

- - - Updated - - -

So apparently Kershaw settled for a measily 7 years 215M :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post

Apparently Dodgers want the Kershaw extension done by Friday and it's apparently somewhere around 25M a year for 10 or 12 years. For their sake, I hope there's no Lincecum fall-off after the first few good years.

- - - Updated - - -

So apparently Kershaw settled for a measily 7 years 215M :P
    He has an opt-out clause after year 5.

He'll be making $30+ mil. a year and he'll only be 30 years old when (not if) he opts out, meaning he'll be in line for another long term deal. Only way he doesn't opt out is if he blows out his arm.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    knew it was gonna be a record deal, glad it finally got done, yea, by the time the 5 years roll around everybody will be making $30mil and it'll be time for a new deal, but 5 years is still good

Forget the dollar value & focus on the really important business, you've locked up one of the games premier pitchers for 5 years - to do it for a mere $30m a year is impressive given that there's some insane TV deals floating around out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep seeing other arbitration eligible guys signing one year deals, really perks me up that Kershaw is around for at least 5 more, thems tough negotiations when free-agency is just around the corner.

It's official, Tanaka's a Yankee, 7 years $155 (well, $175 by the time you add in posting fee)

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    New posting process + weak FA pitching + Cubs/Dodgers/Yankees bidding war = gross overpay for someone nowhere near as good as Darvish ($60M/6yr + $51M)

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted Tanaka, but throwing $175 million at the guy doesn't sound smart either, when it was in the $120 mil range it was slightly less crazy. Considering the Dodger's pitching depth I can live with it, but I still want to see the positional player issues resolved. A cuban guy with no experience at 2nd base and 4 outfielders and a dearth of veteran bench players, there is still work to do.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...2154-645808323

This guy actually planned out a trip of 30 Stadiums in 30 days. I thought you guys might get a kick out of it. He misses a few things as people point out in the comments section but overall he does pretty good. Only $11000 plus food. I'm game!

- - - Updated - - -

Brewers get Garza too. Now that Tanaka is out of the way you should see a lot more pitchers signing with teams.

Balfour's off to Tampa as well, the Tanaka signing is basically the starting gun for the remaining pitching free agents to find their landing spots, can't see it being long before they're all off the market.

I am a tigers fan and I still cant believe we got rid of Fister for relatively so little in a market where starting pitching is at a premium

I really don't know how to feel about the AL East right meow. The Yankees looked primed to contend again (anger at this), the Orioles look like 2 years ago was a fluke, the Red Sox roster makes me wonder how they even made the playoffs last year, let alone won it all, the Rays look like they're moving all in while they still have Price, and the Jays have done pretty well nothing to improve upon a team that grossly under-performed.

Seriously, though, Sabathia looks like he's going to be a beast again, Kuroda has been great for them, Tanaka could be great (who knows - will wait a few months to figure that one out), Nova can be great when he's on, and fucking Pineda might be healthy and back to rookie form (as the #5 guy if he gets the spot). Oh, and they still have one of the strongest lineups in all of baseball. So that's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I really don't know how to feel about the AL East right meow. The Yankees looked primed to contend again (anger at this), the Orioles look like 2 years ago was a fluke, the Red Sox roster makes me wonder how they even made the playoffs last year, let alone won it all, the Rays look like they're moving all in while they still have Price, and the Jays have done pretty well nothing to improve upon a team that grossly under-performed.
    You look at last season you had all 4 teams winning 85 wins. How crazy is it on paper when you could have all 5 teams with 90 wins when just a year ago all the critics thought the AL east was a weak division. The big problem is the Jays is pitching and not a lot of pitching help is out there. They are going to have to make a trade and get some pitching help. Either trade some batting or their bullpen. It will be interesting to see what happens if they end up out of it half way through the season.