Deleted

How do the trolls lived with old gods ?

What races were on Azeroth before the coming of the titans?
    Besides the elementals, the only known sentient races on Azeroth when the titans' forces arrived to subdue the Old Gods were the trolls, the race known as "faceless ones," and the aqir. Due to the Old Gods' war against the titans, as well as the extensive terraforming that followed the war's conclusion, records of what races existed before even the Old Gods' arrival have likely been lost forever.
    (Ask CDev - Round 2)

So, it's stated here that the trolls were living on Azeroth along with the Old gods even before the titans came to this world, but HOW is that possible ?
    I mean, it's stated in "The Sundering" that :

the three dark entities had ruled over a bloody chaos of which even the demon Lords of the Burning Legion could not imagine.
    Also, don't they have any link with the old gods ? I mean, they worship loas, but could it be possible that old gods are behind the loas ?

Deleted
    plot holes, they hid in them

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Pretty much this.

Deleted
    I'm sure they're gonna retcon this someday. Like the titans created the trolls blabla..
    also loas are spirits of nature, they can be evil but don't have to be (hakkar bad, darkspear loa good for example)

15+ Year Old Account
    Well....the troll empire used to be very big. Much bigger then the Allaince or the Horde, so I think they could fight the old gods off.

AAlso I think the taurens and Pandaren were also there (and maybe the goblins? not sure about their race that much, I always thought them as small orcs>.>)
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Well....the troll empire used to be very big. Much bigger then the Allaince or the Horde, so I think they could fight the old gods off.

AAlso I think the taurens and Pandaren were also there (and maybe the goblins? not sure about their race that much, I always thought them as small orcs>.>)
    I'm pretty sure all the beast races were created by the titans(remember those astral taurenin Ulduar?), u could be right about goblins tho.

Goblins's ancestors were slaves to the trolls until Kajamite increased their intelligence, then the trolls that became the slaves (not all of them obviously) As for trolls were not sure how they lived back then, my guess? As thralls, servants and slaves.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

I was under the assumption that Goblins are just Trolls that got smart off Kaja Cola or whatever lol. At least that's how I interpreted their starting zone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    I was under the assumption that Goblins are just Trolls that got smart off Kaja Cola or whatever lol. At least that's how I interpreted their starting zone.
    nah they're another species

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure all the beast races were created by the titans(remember those astral taurenin Ulduar?), u could be right about goblins tho.
    Tauren are descendants of a bull ancient (Niuzao?), and IIRC yes, Goblins were created/mutated by the Old Gods and then enslaved by Trolls.

And about Trolls, maybe the Loa shielded them from the chaos.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Off-topic, but you just made sense of Bioware. I could never understand their recent history until this.

Early Azeroth was primordial chaos but wherever the elemental armies met there likely would've been areas that they canceled each other out making life habitable, plus early trolls likely would've had nature gods making the areas viable, or at least allowing them to eke out life between the armies of the old gods.

Another important point is that the Old Gods armies fought each other for (near as we can tell) the hell of it, which would've constituted the 'bloody chaos the burning legion can't imagine'
    Twas brillig

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Balgruuf View Post
    Tauren are descendants of a bull ancient (Niuzao?), and IIRC yes, Goblins were created/mutated by the Old Gods and then enslaved by Trolls.

And about Trolls, maybe the Loa shielded them from the chaos.
    Yeah the pandas/tauren were made from an ancient, as many other creatures were.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

why do you assume no one could survive in a world ruled by the old gods?

I think the old gods carefully made sure that no sapient races would go extinct under their watch. since n'zoth, c'thun and yogg-saron were at war with each other apparently for no reason, one can speculate that the old gods find war enjoyable, something like a game. having many people who could go at war with each other in their world sounds like their idea of fun.

this would also explain why they chose the elementals to serve them. elementals hate other types of elementals, and being at war with each other is their natural state. the old gods probably found them amusing.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Loas turned out to be spirits of nature like Cenarius, Aviana, Goldrin and the August Celestials I believe? Not sure about that.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 02:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    why do you assume no one could survive in a world ruled by the old gods?
    Well because of old lore like he quoted:

Unaware of Sargeras' mission to undo their countless works, the Titans continued to move from world to world, shaping and ordering each planet as they saw fit. Along their journey they happened upon a small world that its inhabitants would later name Azeroth. As the Titans made their way across the primordial landscape, they encountered a number of hostile elemental beings. These elementals, who worshipped a race of unfathomably evil beings known only as the Old Gods, vowed to drive the Titans back and keep their world inviolate from the invaders' metallic touch.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/The_Old_Gods_...ing_of_Azeroth

In game book. The older lore makes it sound like the elemental lords fought wars across the face of Azeroth itself (they didn't have separate elemental planes back then) and would've destroyed the planet had they not intervened. And after the Titans banished them and chained the Old Gods they reshaped the land... it's hard to imagine that the indigenous races of Azeroth survived all that unscathed, and that their legends don't mention much or anything of that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    In game book. The older lore makes it sound like the elemental lords fought wars across the face of Azeroth itself (they didn't have separate elemental planes back then) and would've destroyed the planet had they not intervened. And after the Titans banished them and chained the Old Gods they reshaped the land... it's hard to imagine that the indigenous races of Azeroth survived all that unscathed, and that their legends don't mention much or anything of that time.
    nothing in that book says there were only elementals or that the elementals would destroy the world. it just says they were hostile and didn't like titans.

trolls are also pretty hostile, with the notable exception of the darkspear.

you guys are reading too much between the lines, reading stuff that just isn't there. the old gods are old GODS. they want people to worship them and stuff like that. remember the legend of y'shaarj?

"Great was the Old One, and terrible was His wrath. He consumed hope and begat despair; He inhaled courage and breathed fear."

whose hope would he consume if there were no people?

yogg-saron is the god of death. elementals and faceless seem to be pretty much immortal, so why would there be a god of death if nobody would die?

and so on. it's kind of obvious there were people around during the rule of the old gods. I won't say their lives weren't miserable, but it was definitely not impossible to survive during their reign.

maybe it's because of the time of the old gods that most trolls are so ruthless and xenophobic.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.