10+ Year Old Account

Gold-selling ad right at the top of the site...

I see mods close threads all the time when they talk about gold selling/private servers, so it doesn't make much sense to have a huge gold-selling ad right on top of the site...

EDIT- Just saw another one at the bottom of the site.

If a mod wants me to tell what the ad looked like, i'd happily oblige.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-04-02 at 01:47 AM.

Just to let you know its google based ads, they put ads based on websites you visit...........

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesadams1988 View Post
    Just to let you know its google based ads, they put ads based on websites you visit...........
    I thought the website chooses it's ads?

EDIT- This can't be true because I saw a netflix ad and I have never been to their site.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-04-02 at 01:48 AM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post

EDIT- This can't be true because I saw a netflix ad and I have never been to their site.
    I notice you didn't say "i saw a gold selling add but I've never bought gold" snap.

Definitely true. The ads I'm seeing are, right now, a tire sale ad(wife was just looking at cars and tires about 30 minutes ago), and Golfsmith sales which I have been browsing today.

Have you found any good deals on gold?
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grissym View Post
    Definitely true. The ads I'm seeing are, right now, a tire sale ad(wife was just looking at cars and tires about 30 minutes ago), and Golfsmith sales which I have been browsing today.

Have you found any good deals on gold?
    If i did buy gold, why would I be reporting the ad?

Zoma- Thanks

Woot! 400th post!

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post

They're advertising to your demographic most likely. You've searched for things that put you in Netflix's target audience, same as the gold selling ad.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has it occurred to anyone that searching MMO-Champion or World of Warcraft in Google would increase their chances of running into Gold Sellers sites?

Hell, just visiting this website with ads enabled tells those companies that you're into gaming and you're more likely to pay money for gold than say a 60 year old woman that only browses the web to check emails and use ebay.

15+ Year Old Account
    We blacklist gold selling ads, but they still find ways to sneak around the filter. If you give me a screenshot and the URL in the bad ads thread, I can forward them to our ads people and get them to complain to the ad network.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...orting-bad-ads