Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    the only problem with the maze is that its often hard to see the purple maze on the dark gray floor in the dark room.

    put your camera right above your head and look down.

    separate the room into three rings. only drop void puddles in one ring, run in the other two paths.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  2. #42
    Brewmaster Marxman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,449
    If you have nowhere to go, you're probably not doing it correctly. I've never gotten "trapped" in the boss maze.

    The trash mazes though... can anyone actually see the gap? It all looks like a fuzzy purple haze to me.

  3. #43
    The trash mazes are much worse than the boss.
    Jsz
    <The Requiem> US-Horde Mythic
    > twitch.tv stream <

  4. #44
    Thanks for the tip about the spell particle details, need to check it out.

  5. #45
    Im old and have not the greatest eye sight, nerf the maze graphics.

  6. #46
    The Patient Tenaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    237
    Not really sure you can call it a maze if you use the outer "patch" as I do in the video previous page. A maze would require you to take a turn and make a decision where to go, but using the outer ring path you just run in a straight line (yeah yeah, its a big circle thus not a straight line), basically following the outer ring. The only thing you need to keep your eyes open for is for when the path ahead opens, no other brain usage required.

    The melee bit is a bit more hectic perhaps, but I really don't see the issue in the outer path.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    I raid 25m and our raid was stuck on Durumu for 2 nights because of bad luck in the maze, sometimes there's just no way out, sometimes many void pools are in the way. Anyone agree to nerf the luck factor?
    There is always a path.

    Void pools in the way is player error.

    Get better raiders, don't demand nerfs.

  8. #48
    The Lightbringer Seezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Capua
    Posts
    3,592
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    I raid 25m and our raid was stuck on Durumu for 2 nights because of bad luck in the maze, sometimes there's just no way out, sometimes many void pools are in the way. Anyone agree to nerf the luck factor?
    Void pools in the way? Decide which where you're going to go before you pull. Don't have your players drop pools there. Profit. Example. If you're using the middle, don't have players drop pools there. There is no luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it.

  9. #49
    The Patient Tenaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    237
    Why would you use the middle, if dumping pools is causing troubles for people, what makes you think using the middle maze, which honestly is the most "complicated" maze section, would be a clever idea. Dump puddles in the middle lane, run around the outer circle, there really is NO way you can get caught in the maze using the outer lane, really, honestly, physically, no way.

  10. #50
    The Lightbringer Seezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Capua
    Posts
    3,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenaru View Post
    Why would you use the middle, if dumping pools is causing troubles for people, what makes you think using the middle maze, which honestly is the most "complicated" maze section, would be a clever idea. Dump puddles in the middle lane, run around the outer circle, there really is NO way you can get caught in the maze using the outer lane, really, honestly, physically, no way.
    I was using it as an example. We've used them all at some point. And it's not that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it.

  11. #51
    Finally killed it after 50+ wipes, we all ran in the melee circle.

  12. #52
    I agree that the visuals are a little bit nasty. But there is absoutely NO reason to get damaged by the maze itself. It's totally possible to avoid every damage from the mage. So there is only the this 30k ability that the boss does on random players. I don't know why everybody needs CDs or something. Just move to the wall of shadows on side where the crackles appear. Wait for the maze to close a bit. Move into the direction of the beam into the free spot. Maze closes. Move away from the beam and into the free areas that appear. Keep cool if there is no free way immediately. We NEVER EVER had the problem that there's no way. In Melee area the path sometimes is a little tedious.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    I raid 25m and our raid was stuck on Durumu for 2 nights because of bad luck in the maze, sometimes there's just no way out, sometimes many void pools are in the way. Anyone agree to nerf the luck factor?
    The fact you think your raid's failure is based on luck the reason you need to ask for nerfs to down content.

  14. #54
    Normal / Heroic, no.

    LFR, definitely. Getting bored relying on the determination buff to stack high just to zerg it before we hit that phase and 3/4 of the raid dies.

  15. #55
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Keep cool if there is no free way immediately. We NEVER EVER had the problem that there's no way. In Melee area the path sometimes is a little tedious.

    If you look towards the beam when the maze is closing up. 1 tick before it "reaches" you. You can see the paths.
    Arneia/Panthea - Guild Master + Raid Leader - <Catalyst> 25man Horde - Tarren Mill - Currently Recruiting: Click for more info

  16. #56
    The only thing that bothers me is the color of the maze. dark room + dark floor+ dark killer spell = total pain for me personally.

    I had the same issues with the old sartharion voidzones back then red lava floor with red voidzones (they changed it later to blue/purple I believe?)

    but seems blizzard has a tick with putting similar spell effects on a similar colored floor -_-

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Normal / Heroic, no.

    LFR, definitely. Getting bored relying on the determination buff to stack high just to zerg it before we hit that phase and 3/4 of the raid dies.
    In my experience it's not the maze that kills people, it's the Disintegration Beam; sucks losing half the raid as soon as the beam activates...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •