Lei Shen encounter normal.

What are y'all's view on this boss? From my perspective it's a horribly boring fight for a healer. I think it's more of a middle of the tier boss than an end boss.
    Also having seen it on 10 and 25 I have to say 10 is much easier than on 25, just for the sake of being able to bring in people you don't have to babysit the whole time.

Deleted
    Lol that's not really a 10v25 difference specific to Lei Shen. The challenge of getting 15 extra players is a logistical one for all 25 mans.

I like the fight. I don't really find it boring to heal, its easy on normal mode but I still have fun on it. If it was 2 healable it'd be a lot more difficult but I don't think transition phases can be 2 healed reliably.

No it's not specific to Lei Shen, but this fight more than any others besides Durumu highlights an individuals performance to me. I agree that 2 healing would be fairly difficult, but doable if you had a boomy/Spriest in the same stack group, and then the tanks in their own.

I found it a fun fight on 10man and a pain in the dick on 25man.

We 2 heals in our first kill last week, with our healer gear only ilvl 508.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by travtastic View Post
    No it's not specific to Lei Shen, but this fight more than any others besides Durumu highlights an individuals performance to me. I agree that 2 healing would be fairly difficult, but doable if you had a boomy/Spriest in the same stack group, and then the tanks in their own.
    Actually the boomy thing might work, that's a good idea. Maybe we'll do that next week.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Lol that's not really a 10v25 difference specific to Lei Shen. The challenge of getting 15 extra players is a logistical one for all 25 mans.

I like the fight. I don't really find it boring to heal, its easy on normal mode but I still have fun on it. If it was 2 healable it'd be a lot more difficult but I don't think transition phases can be 2 healed reliably.
    killed him twice now, each time resto druid and disc priest, this last time the disc priest solo healed the last phase as the rest druid got himself caught by a double overcharge. No ele, boomer or spriest but we split the tanks up and put em each with 1 dps, just make sure they have some sort of immunity for the static shock and its easy breezy. Found it a lot easier with 2 heals than 3 tbh.
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."
    I am the Druid Jesus, and I approve of this message.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Druidjezus View Post
    killed him twice now, each time resto druid and disc priest, this last time the disc priest solo healed the last phase as the rest druid got himself caught by a double overcharge. No ele, boomer or spriest but we split the tanks up and put em each with 1 dps, just make sure they have some sort of immunity for the static shock and its easy breezy. Found it a lot easier with 2 heals than 3 tbh.
    That would work too I suppose, if you have DPS with immunities. Most raids should though. Fair enough.

We three healed it the dps requirements weren't strict at all IMO I found the abilities a lot less punishing in 10 man than 25 also. We ran 2 disc priest and my holy pally and it was laughable to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Druidjezus View Post
    2-healed it too from the start too in 10man. No one knew exactly what to do on this fight (aka everyone was too lazy to look for a strat the first week), so we just tried "random" stuff till we found something that work. We did start with same thing as you (tank+dps on 2 corner, and heal+2dps on other 2 corners), and then we figured out tanks couldn't be targetted by pretty much anything (overload/chain lighting/static shock will never target a tank), so we ended up putting one tank alone on two corner, and heal+4dps on other two, and we keep spaming "don't pack, don't pack, don't pack, don't pack" on ts the whole transition (most important thing is when someone get overcharge, we sould wait 2-3sec before stacking on him because there's often a chain lightning just after).

Mechanics like bouncing bolt and diffusion chain are tough to balance 10 v 25. You have the same platform to spread out in but 25 people fill a space much faster. It's also points of failure. Getting 3 people to stack is easier than 7 (and with charged static shock you really do need all 7) and getting two people in bouncing bolts is easier than 4 (especially when they get confused about who is going where).

Quote Originally Posted by travtastic View Post
    wat

There are basically no individual performance checks on Lei Shen. Durumu yeah sort of, but if they're dumb they can just stack on other people who know where to stand.

25m is usually much easier on individual performance check fights, due to the fact that losing a dps represents a significantly smaller portion of their overall damage, most fights can be healed one healer down unless they're already underhealing it, and the proportionally higher amount of Brezzes they get.

2-healing Lei shen should be pretty easy if you haev a good group makeup for it - for example 2 mages can survive shocks just fine without a healer via block, temporal, greater invis, healing from evocate, etc; so you dont even need an 'offhealer' for the no-healer group

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 06:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Mechanics like bouncing bolt and diffusion chain are tough to balance 10 v 25. You have the same platform to spread out in but 25 people fill a space much faster. It's also points of failure. Getting 3 people to stack is easier than 7 (and with charged static shock you really do need all 7) and getting two people in bouncing bolts is easier than 4 (especially when they get confused about who is going where).
    this ^ is what makes lei shen hard in 25, not individual performance but coordination

Deleted
    Getting 3 people to stack is easier than 7 (and with charged static shock you really do need all 7)
    Or you can take the easy way out and solo soak them with cooldowns / immunites most classes have, or just simply sacrifice 1 person who cant solo soak instead of having 6 ppl potentially die cause 1 is slow with stacking. As stated above, losing 1 dps accounts for nothing at Lei Shen normal, the dps requirement is a joke, at least on 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenaru View Post
    Or you can take the easy way out and solo soak them with cooldowns / immunites most classes have, or just simply sacrifice 1 person who cant solo soak instead of having 6 ppl potentially die cause 1 is slow with stacking. As stated above, losing 1 dps accounts for nothing at Lei Shen normal, the dps requirement is a joke, at least on 25.
    The same principle theoretically applies to heroic and to guilds that aren't good, what are you going to do if all your static shocks are on shamans? Bitch about RNG? Not take any shamans? Or healing priests or anything else that can't soak? Or if people get targetted twice? You can sacrifice people if you blatantly outgear and outskill the encounter but I don't think that's the case for most people.

I mean I do know what you're talking about, my first kill of Lei Shen 10-man had a DPS dead for 65% of the fight, but it doesn't work for your average guild.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2013-04-02 at 02:50 PM.

Deleted
    The only thing a disc cant soak (or help someone else soak) is the last transition Static Shock. First one is soakable with PS + PWS. With the same mentality you can save someone else who cant immunize it. We run with 2 discs so that's 4 people saved who can't soak alone throughout the fight. If you put that together with the realistic fact that you'd only "need" to soak alone during transitions (taking it further you'd really only "need" so soak alone during second transition as first one does less dmg meaning your group will live even with people brainlagging). Unless said person has a cd of their own a PS and shield alone wont save said person from a Static shock during second transition, but again, not really a massive loss.

Maybe we'll recruit people with more brainusage if we ever get to hc Lei Shen (cough) but until then it seems fair to say you can just about afford losing 2 ppl before last phase in case youre unlucky enough to have ppl unable to soak them alone with cd's.

Edit:
    You can correct me if I'm wrong here, but afaik DK's, Rogues, Hunters, Monks, Boomkins (symbiosis), Ferals(symbiosis), Paladins, Shadowpriests, Mages and Resto druids (+any class with PS+ PWS during first transition) can soak alone. Not sure how bad RNG you need to loose more than a couple ppl max by not gathering, though guess that depends on your composition.
    Last edited by mmoc94cac24f38; 2013-04-02 at 02:59 PM.

Sadly, not every fights can be fun for every single roles, Tanks, healers and dps all have something differant to do, personnally, I like to deal with a huge number of mechanics that brings chaos to your raid unless you follow without fail your strategy, so for this I like fights such as Omnitron defense system or spirit kings, ( On heroic ofc ) as they posses many mechanics to be aware of. For a healer perspective, some people dont like this, this fight may be boring for you but dont worry, another fight in this raid will fit your taste more =) On heroic fights are more challenging and you will surely enjoy some of them.

I would like to point out that this fight is 2 healable, it may be a stategic issue, depending on how you split up for the transition phases and who you send to soak in the corners, my 10man group has 4 people on two sides, and myself as a moonkin ( Simbiosis the rogue ) on one side by myself and the rogue on the opposite side, I can heal myself if needed and I can cloak the explosion, and the rogue simply has to run to one of the extremities to get healed up.

Seeing how the health shifts, I understand 3 healing would be boring, and I usually tell that to my raid leader, if 3healing is not challenging, it is very possible that the fight is 2healable. =)
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/97457-scissors is not a sword... or at least thats what my mom told me when I was 6.

Deleted
    I kinda liked it as a tank. Almost every boss before him is total boredom for tanks.