Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Wasn't too bad. Wiped once on durumu then i told people how it worked and put a marker on myself to go through the maze and he died on next attempt, briefly told ppl what to do on primordius and 1shot that and dark animus well nothing to tell there just aoe everything and tank & spam the boss.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Supahfraai View Post
    Welcome to LFR; may I take your order?
    <snip> http://www.sc2mapster.com/media/imag...ipPortrait.gif

    Infracted; Don't post MEMEs. (by Sonnillon)
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-04-08 at 05:46 AM.

  3. #43
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    174
    Love that portrait.
    We're in the pipe, five by five.

    Warning; Post on topic. Don't reply to posts containing MEMEs. (by Sonnillon)
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-04-08 at 05:46 AM.

  4. #44
    The amount of damage you get on Animus when all the large golems activate is actually pretty harsh for a LFR boss especially when people can't move from the red stuff. The simplest and fastest way to kill would be to just aoe all small golems on top of the Dark Animus, and not activate a single large or massive golem. The interrupt isn't that dangerous, and that way you don't have to deal with any of the adds.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    I think I can already picture the healers dispelling everyone on Primordius...
    Apparently dispelling only removes "bad stacks". So if you are Fully Mutated, you cannot get dispelled unless you happen to pick up more pools after getting the buff.

    Edit: NVM, someone already mentioned that. I should L2R the full thread before replying. >_>

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 12:51 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    The amount of damage you get on Animus when all the large golems activate is actually pretty harsh for a LFR boss especially when people can't move from the red stuff. The simplest and fastest way to kill would be to just aoe all small golems on top of the Dark Animus, and not activate a single large or massive golem. The interrupt isn't that dangerous, and that way you don't have to deal with any of the adds.
    Except it doesn't work that way in LFR. Anima goes to a random golem, you can't control it.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by ekh View Post
    Except it doesn't work that way in LFR. Anima goes to a random golem, you can't control it.
    So you're saying you CAN'T aoe now?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDDGuides View Post
    So you're saying you CAN'T aoe now?
    AOEing works fine, AOE the small, AOE the big, we even single targetted a massive down(not sure why, but we did) then we simply facerolled Animus until he fell over and gave me a new pretty head piece.

    ps. love your guides *man love* ds.
    Tenser @ EU-Auchindoun
    Officer of <WTFlux> 2-day-weekend-raiding-guild, T14: 8/16HC, T15: 2/13H
    Warlock POV - streaming raids on sat/sun 10am-2pm GMT+1

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    AOEing works fine, AOE the small, AOE the big, we even single targetted a massive down(not sure why, but we did) then we simply facerolled Animus until he fell over and gave me a new pretty head piece.

    ps. love your guides *man love* ds.
    Fair enough, though I find it strange they kept the difficulty on Durumu but removed it completely for Animus. Guess they assumed people wouldn't know how to use the chat box.

    And, oh my.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by ekh View Post
    Except it doesn't work that way in LFR. Anima goes to a random golem, you can't control it.
    That's a pity. I guess aoe is the way to go then. Based on doing it the second time the main thing that can go wrong with it seems to be large anima golem aggro. They hit my clothie for 200k each. So having tanks who can pick all of them quickly is probably key.

  10. #50
    Having tanked LFR Dark Animus a couple of times now, the most successful strategy seems to be to mark both tanks, put healers and ranged in the center, have one tank take left and the other right, have everyone AoE the golems on the left tank's side, kill all the larges that activate. The only thing that really hurts is the larges, and then only if the person with the debuff doesn't get out of the raid. If you ask the dps to focus down the larges and at least 4 or 5 of them actually do it then it's a fairly easy fight. Worst time I've had with it is if all of the littles die at once and you're left with a whole pack of larges and fire dropping everywhere.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    Having tanked LFR Dark Animus a couple of times now, the most successful strategy seems to be to mark both tanks, put healers and ranged in the center, have one tank take left and the other right, have everyone AoE the golems on the left tank's side, kill all the larges that activate. The only thing that really hurts is the larges, and then only if the person with the debuff doesn't get out of the raid. If you ask the dps to focus down the larges and at least 4 or 5 of them actually do it then it's a fairly easy fight. Worst time I've had with it is if all of the littles die at once and you're left with a whole pack of larges and fire dropping everywhere.
    Seperating the golems to nullify the damage increase they receive, or purely so they don't all die at the same time?

  12. #52
    They don't get the damage increase in LFR. AoEing two separate sides is only to kill it slowly so you don't activate all larges at once because a lot of groups can't handle it. Have you even done LFR?

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    They don't get the damage increase in LFR. AoEing two separate sides is only to kill it slowly so you don't activate all larges at once because a lot of groups can't handle it. Have you even done LFR?
    Wasn't aware they didn't. Hence why I asked.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDDGuides View Post
    in transit hq

    Warning; Don't post off-topic nor reply to MEME posts. (by Sonnillon)
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-04-08 at 05:48 AM.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    That's a pity. I guess aoe is the way to go then. Based on doing it the second time the main thing that can go wrong with it seems to be large anima golem aggro. They hit my clothie for 200k each. So having tanks who can pick all of them quickly is probably key.
    Indeed, tanks should be picking up all golems no matter what. DPS priority: Dark Animus, large golems, little ones. My group ignored massives.

  16. #56
    I had groups that went straight after Animus and groups were people insisted to kill massives before Animus, both of those were easy kills so I'm not sure if it's something from normal tactics as I didn't notice any different stuff between those 2 kills?

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDDGuides View Post
    When I did Durumu on LFR, the only thing killing our group was the death beam and whether or not people could navigate through the maze. In the end, after having like 10 people scream that we were dying because "we weren't killing adds", I chucked a mark on my head and showed people how to navigate through the death beam/maze and we one-shot it.

    Possibly the same deal happening here?
    well some people are beyond help, even with mark on tank and clear instructions, I have never had durumu attempt where half a raid didnt die during first maze. we were carrying like 15 bads through the fight, both times I was there. We needed like 7 stacks of failbuff to beat the enrage in 10 people tho. But its pretty easy to heal on lfr, there is barely any serious raid damage and unless you are constanly in the fog, you can easily survive the maze phase without a single heal.

    Same deal with Animus, some people were just incapable of running out of raid with debuff and aoed everyone to death even before animus activated (thus no stacks of failbuff)

    Primordius is atleast pretty easy as long as you tell healers they can dispell bad stuff freely.

    This was really a step up in difficulty for LFR tho. Which is good IMO, people need to be aware of their surroundings and not just tunnel the bosses while ignoring everything else, but im afraid its gonna get nerfed. I predict disin. beam not oneshotting and the aoe on animus heavily nerfed.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    well some people are beyond help, even with mark on tank and clear instructions, I have never had durumu attempt where half a raid didnt die during first maze. we were carrying like 15 bads through the fight, both times I was there. We needed like 7 stacks of failbuff to beat the enrage in 10 people tho. But its pretty easy to heal on lfr, there is barely any serious raid damage and unless you are constanly in the fog, you can easily survive the maze phase without a single heal.

    Same deal with Animus, some people were just incapable of running out of raid with debuff and aoed everyone to death even before animus activated (thus no stacks of failbuff)

    Primordius is atleast pretty easy as long as you tell healers they can dispell bad stuff freely.

    This was really a step up in difficulty for LFR tho. Which is good IMO, people need to be aware of their surroundings and not just tunnel the bosses while ignoring everything else, but im afraid its gonna get nerfed. I predict disin. beam not oneshotting and the aoe on animus heavily nerfed.
    To be fair though, the beam killing you in one hit is pretty unforgiving. I happened to accidentally move a little in the wrong direction on one attempt and bam, instant death.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by LimeWyndham View Post
    in transit hq

    Warning; Don't post off-topic nor reply to MEME posts. (by Sonnillon)
    oh wow, I got a warning! lol

  20. #60
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,219
    you'll need to amend the "burn hidden red adds" as to get out of the stage there's a add of each color in lfr and all 3 need to be kill INCLUDING the blue add, its even stated in the dungeon journal

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •