Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Priests - Oh how I loathe you...

WHY! Just why!? I only suggested we give the healers something to do!

Pardon the language, also it was the first time I uploaded from Twitch to Youtube and the noise is kinda loud - apologies.

The reasoning behind me calling them was that we decided whoever the fixation was on - they would have to do it themselves or die as we initially ignored the first for lols

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how this is priest-related? Video is mage PoV, the audio doesn't mention a priest anywhere and your explanation itself seems to be directed at "Healers" rather than priest. Seems like something that is better suited for Raids & Dungeons or Fun Stuff? Closing this for now.

If you want to get back to me or any priest mod with an explanation to get it reopened (and/or moved), please poke any of us via PM.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 03:46 PM ----------

Reopened. OP will provide further details regarding the video and the purpose of this thread.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Deleted
    Just a few seconds prior to this, I suggested we give healers something to do and the priest responded by gripping me to instant death. I've learned my lesson

I was hoping this thread may lead to some funny/awesome stories revolving lifegrip such as how you saved a life, or like above, getting one up on a fellow raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Utsegi View Post
    I was hoping this thread may lead to some funny/awesome stories revolving lifegrip such as how you saved a life, or like above, getting one up on a fellow raider.
    Previous threads involving lifegrip show that 99.9999% lifegrip is used to troll fellow raiders Most common use for me was after someone uses their sprint or dash Gripping them back to where I am so I can make it back after a wipe first

I am sure there is someone out there who has used it for good though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Lifegrip can be nifty at ie Lei Shen where you can grip brainlagged people in for Static Shocks, though obviously you gotta bitch at em on ts for it!
    That said our Holy priest has saved me more than once from Iron Qons tornados when my FPS fails o/

Adding any and every melee classes 3min dps cd's on your vuhdo and gripping em as far away from the boss as soon as they pop it is a dish best served cold when holding a grudge against someone ^-^

Life grip is also nice on iron qon to get people out of the storm if they're a bit slow. Sadly doesn't work if they get hit by a tornado.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    The only use i found for leap of faith is gripping Flag carries across river in twin peaks. Other than that its pretty much only griefing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I rarely life grip anyone unless I'm trying to get a flag carrier to me in a battleground.

My environmental awareness on my hunter alt that I just finished leveling is somewhat lacking though...I've already had more than one occasion where I've been lifegripped to the opposite side of Galleon even if I'm not in danger of dying so that the priest can easily get some heals on me since I'm probably out of their range. I suppose that's a use for good? :P

I have to admit though that the unfortunate side effect of trolling life gripping priests and all those death gripping death knights is to immediately run in the other direction after you're gripped.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I rarely life grip anyone unless I'm trying to get a flag carrier to me in a battleground.

My environmental awareness on my hunter alt that I just finished leveling is somewhat lacking though...I've already had more than one occasion where I've been lifegripped to the opposite side of Galleon even if I'm not in danger of dying so that the priest can easily get some heals on me since I'm probably out of their range. I suppose that's a use for good? :P

I have to admit though that the unfortunate side effect of trolling life gripping priests and all those death gripping death knights is to immediately run in the other direction after you're gripped.
    The adds the spawn on the galleon fight do a chain that will pull you randomly in their direction. It most likely was not a priest that gripped you there. I've had one grip me out of the air on my mount, when I wasn't in combat or a raid group, just watching the opposite faction down him back in 5.1. Was fairly annoying. Fight I used life grip on for real use was Al'akir tornadoes. We always had melee fail on those. If I remember correctly, there was a lot of Rag griefing that happened in FL too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    The adds the spawn on the galleon fight do a chain that will pull you randomly in their direction. It most likely was not a priest that gripped you there. I've had one grip me out of the air on my mount, when I wasn't in combat or a raid group, just watching the opposite faction down him back in 5.1. Was fairly annoying. Fight I used life grip on for real use was Al'akir tornadoes. We always had melee fail on those. If I remember correctly, there was a lot of Rag griefing that happened in FL too.
    Ah!!! We learn something new every day. Amusing that they never did it to my other characters, just my hunter.

Best use of Life Grip is to kill people on Ji'Kun trash. And interrupt DK Army of the Dead precasts on pull ofc.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-04-03 at 04:39 AM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

10+ Year Old Account
    We have an ongoing troll in our raids where I and the other two priests will /w each other with a target, stand in different locations, then grip the player one at a time. Freaks the hell out of 'em leading to mass nerd rage in TS. It's great fun, obviously this is in between pulls ofc!

But yeah, we also use it for all manner of useful purposes, like Blade Lord for example, just gripping the tank round the corner after the pull so he could join everyone and get into position almost immediately was incredibly handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Mind Sear is as useful as tits on a bull, but let's not get carried away here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use it on Horridon to drag the MT back after the pull to get him into position, and again on the 3rd door to get him away from all the shitty frost orbs.

But yeah. Trolling with it is the best. :3

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Good uses: Grabbing people who are flying off the bridge after getting hit by the blue beams.

Great uses: Gripping people into the path of the blue beams on the bridge. =)

Deleted

Always a classic. Still laugh every time I watch it

I always only use life grip to do good things. I don't understand why people must troll others all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our tank was focused by Drain Life on Durumu right as Force of Will went out. It was on her of course.

This was called out in vent and our resident healing Priest LoF'd her mid-air to safety.

It was pretty epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    And interrupt DK Army of the Dead precasts on pull ofc.

Thankyou for the idea!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leellooo View Post
    Thankyou for the idea!
    The embarassment when you notice you posted with the wrong account >.<

*Watches video 10 times after being confused by descriptions, Sees life grip....Flips table*

@Agoraphobic, I only understood one thing "Why did you life grip me priest?" Started laughing cuz they sounded so mad. Priest Trolling Level = 99.9 porcentaje!