Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Bloodsail Admiral Master Jinora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Badlands
    Posts
    1,191

    Red face Should I go for it? [Romance Question]

    Alright MMO-Champions, I am trusting you with my fate, don't disappoint me.

    Here is the story, I am sixteen years old, I have been out of school for a year, I am in the eleventh grade and I only have one high school credit, though recently, I have returned to school, but that is not what this story is about, this story is about how I met an amazing girl. It was January 28th, and a girl [lets call her Kat] messaged me on facebook at 2:13, I did not know this girl, I didn't know how she ended up on my facebook friends list at all. But we messaged back and forth for a while after figuring out we didn't know who added who.

    We talked for hours upon end, every day for a few weeks in fact. Until we stumbled upon the fact that she started school at my same high school this year, and she had the exact same group of friends as I did [For shame they didn't mention her. I guess its my fault for not attending for an age and a half] which was fantastic! I have never had a serious crush, or infatuation with any one, but I knew this girl was special. The next day, I was going back to the group to talk about what I can do to finish high school with the guidance counselor.

    After talking, my sister and I [She came with me to speak with her old teachers, she has in college ] gone upstairs to meet with her old teachers. She entered a classroom, I peeked in, and noticed there were some people I didn't like in there. So I leaned against the wall outside, my sister approached me, "Aren't you coming in?" I shook my head and told her why. Suddenly, a lockdown drill! I was forced into the classroom, the lights were turned off, and I went under a desk as instructed, who was under this desk? The girl I had spoken to months before. Kat.

    Now, at that time I didn't know it was her. We chatted a bit, and when I had to leave, I introduced myself, then she said we had been talking on facebook for months. I blushed, like the manly man I am, and left. Soon, I came back to school and we started hanging out [She has the same group of friends as I do, so it's not wierd.] We had a ton in common, and I realized I really enjoy spending time with this girl, we liked the same music, the same TV Shows, and she's even letting me introduce her to gaming. I walk her home after dark everytime we hang out after school [In my neighborhood, people get jumped a lot. So I do this out of care].

    However, I think I'm getting signs that I'm wierding her out.. I told a few people I like her, and I think she is suspicious I like her. I mean, we still hang out every day, so I don't know if she is wierded out or anything, but whenever I buy her a coffee or something, she asks "Why are you doing this for me?" I simply respond, "I'm a good friend", I don't know if that is creepy or annoying or what. But she always talks about how she knows a lot of guys like her, and how she "knows a friend likes her, but he is took shy to say it."

    I realized I love this girl, I've had my heart torn out enough times to know when I feel something for someone, I know I am only sixteen years old, but I have been thinking of approaching her and asking her to give me a chance to take her out, just me and her.

    The question is in the title. Go nuts my MMO-Champions.

    [Feel free to ask questions, and I'll answer. Or skype me at Scoots96 if you are kind enough to help me out. Thanks!]
    "Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind."
    — Zaheer

  2. #2
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,143
    Where's the punchline?

    Go back to school, you worthless dropout.

    [Infracted for flaming]
    Last edited by Taurenburger; 2013-04-02 at 02:33 PM.

  3. #3
    Ask her if she wants to go get dinner one night. If she say yes, good. If she says no, then at least you know she wasn't talking about you when she said she "knows a friend likes her, but he is took shy to say it."

    Better than to miss your chance and regret it later (from personal experience).
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  4. #4
    Bloodsail Admiral Master Jinora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Badlands
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    Where's the punchline?

    Go back to school, you worthless dropout.
    I'm back in school. I'm Acing all my classes, thanks. I wasn't at school because of depression.
    "Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind."
    — Zaheer

  5. #5
    I'm so glad this part of my life is over.

    Yes, always go for it.

  6. #6
    Legendary! UncleSilas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,849
    Is this a plot from some shitty 90's teen drama?

    Mate, just ask her out if you like her. If you don't like her don't ask her out. It's not hard.

  7. #7
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm so glad this part of my life is over.
    This. You've already talked to her and are hanging out with her. Just make it official and start dating, what's the holdup?

  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral Master Jinora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Badlands
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Is this a plot from some shitty 90's teen drama?

    Mate, just ask her out if you like her. If you don't like her don't ask her out. It's not hard.
    Thing is, I really like her. And if she doesn't like me back, I don't want to lose her.
    "Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind."
    — Zaheer

  9. #9
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    18,574
    Better to shoot and miss than never take the shot. If you hit, kudos. If you miss, at least you don't spend the next 4 years aiming at the wrong target.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  10. #10
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Ask her if she wants to go get dinner one night. If she say yes, good. If she says no, then at least you know she wasn't talking about you when she said she "knows a friend likes her, but he is took shy to say it."

    Better than to miss your chance and regret it later (from personal experience).
    He's 16..., so i don't think it will be as easy to invite her to go get dinner, well at least ask her to go out with you to eat something, if she agrees then is most likely that the "shy guy" she was talking about is you, if not.... well just leave it like that..., or just be direct and tell her whenever you see "proper" that you like her

  11. #11
    Legendary! UncleSilas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Thing is, I really like her. And if she doesn't like me back, I don't want to lose her.
    You don't bloody have her now. You're tiptoeing around it because you're afraid of being rejected. Get over it, ask her out and see how it goes. You're 16, frankly it most likely doesn't matter. Just stop thinking so much about something so small.

  12. #12
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Better to shoot and miss than never take the shot. If you hit, kudos. If you miss, at least you don't spend the next 4 years aiming at the wrong target.
    These, also... the worst question is.... "What would have happened if i have told her"

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    He's 16..., so i don't think it will be as easy to invite her to go get dinner, well at least ask her to go out with you to eat something, if she agrees then is most likely that the "shy guy" she was talking about is you, if not.... well just leave it like that..., or just be direct and tell her whenever you see "proper" that you like her
    If he is 16, I'm sure his parents would give him 20 bucks to take her out to the movies and a pizza dinner.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  14. #14
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    18,574
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    You don't bloody have her now. You're tiptoeing around it because you're afraid of being rejected. Get over it, ask her out and see how it goes. You're 16, frankly it most likely doesn't matter. Just stop thinking so much about something so small.
    It's not small to him right now. Don't belittle something important in someone's life just because it's no longer important to you.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  15. #15
    Always go for it. Always. Even when she's married and deceased. Always.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  16. #16
    Bloodsail Admiral Master Jinora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Badlands
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    It's not small to him right now. Don't belittle something important in someone's life just because it's no longer important to you.
    It is actually pretty major to me right now, I've never met someone who I've had so much in common with. I just don't want to rush things and scare her off.
    "Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind."
    — Zaheer

  17. #17
    Legendary! UncleSilas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    It's not small to him right now. Don't belittle something important in someone's life just because it's no longer important to you.
    You've seen as many of these threads as I have. He's going to get enough negative reinforcement through feeding into his anxiety. Fella needs some perspective in order to just go ahead and do something.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 02:57 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It is actually pretty major to me right now, I've never met someone who I've had so much in common with. I just don't want to rush things and scare her off.
    Scoots, if you have that much in common and you're 16, odds are she's interested. Ask her on a date, contrary to common belief women tend to like being flattered. And in this age being formally asked out is pretty damn flattering.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It is actually pretty major to me right now, I've never met someone who I've had so much in common with. I just don't want to rush things and scare her off.
    When I was 16 I had so much in common with this new girl I liked.

    I asked her out. She said her parents didn't allow her to date.

    Next weekend she was out with this other friend of mine.

    My heart was broken, but that was not nearly the first, not the worst, and will not be the last. You need to experience this stuff to grow. So yes, always always do it.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  19. #19
    Legendary! UncleSilas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,849
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    When I was 16 I had so much in common with this new girl I liked.

    I asked her out. She said her parents didn't allow her to date.

    Next weekend she was out with this other friend of mine.

    My heart was broken, but that was not nearly the first, not the worst, and will not be the last. You need to experience this stuff to grow. So yes, always always do it.
    I'm just popping out to make sure I'm not in SisterSister.

  20. #20
    Field Marshal Azureqt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    US - Korgath (Horde)
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Thing is, I really like her. And if she doesn't like me back, I don't want to lose her.
    You don't get to make that choice brah. Learn now, you can't control a woman. Ever. No matter how much you think you can.

    Do what the other guys on here have suggested. Ask her out. NOW!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •