Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roblivion View Post
    I originally wanted to get the ASRock (hence my sig). But mixed reviews have sort of frightened me from getting it... I still can't completely decide.
    I've used Asrock for the past...shit, as far back as I can remember. I'm currently using their Z77 Extreme 4 board, and have absolutely zero issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    First: Thank you for your service.

Second: There will be a lot of changes by the time you actually get back home. While preparing the build is a great idea, I don't think you should set things in stone until either closer to your return (and I'm sure I don't have to tell you how those return dates go) or after you're actually able to order them.

As far as HW, wait and see how the OC reviews turn out... who knows we might see CPU's that hit 6.0ghz under stable temps! [/sarcasm] (it might be worth the wait, but we simply don't know yet)

True, just preparing now because I only have a couple months left out here
    But I know what you mean.
    4670k @ 4.4GHz - MSI Z87 G45 - Silverstone AR03 - Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 OC - Antec 620W High Current Gamer

16GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz - Samsung 840 250GB - 1TB WD Blue - ASUS VG248QE @ 144Hz - Fractal Design Define R4 - Windows 10 64-Bit - Logitech G-Pro
    Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Steelseries QCK Heavy - Hyper X Cloud II

The AMD/nvidia debate is long and heated. WoW tends to run better on nvidia drivers, but other games are the opposite. People who argue one way or the other are usually fanboys of one or the other and aren't looking at things objectively.

That said, I've had more problems with AMD cards from an actual hardware standpoint and the games I play are better on nvidia drivers, so I usually stick with them. There is nothing wrong with AMD cards either though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roblivion View Post
    True, just preparing now because I only have a couple months left out here
    But I know what you mean.
    As long as you just bump this topic back to the first page when you're back, I'm sure the people here will list any and all major changes to consider within a few hours. Especially since you already have an entire build topic, so everyone knows what you're aiming for and what components your ideal rig has.

@ Graphics card: Honestly, at your price range, both AMD and Nvidia cards will work great for WoW. There's always a discussion like Njsx said, but at a certain price point it becomes reasonably irrelevant for WoW. As far as other games go, there's always going to be games that favor one or the other. Unless you have a high end card from both camps lying around the house, there's no real way to combat that.

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 07:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I've used Asrock for the past...shit, as far back as I can remember. I'm currently using their Z77 Extreme 4 board, and have absolutely zero issues.
    ASRock had a really (deserved) bad name in the past indeed. Luckily, that image has been changed a bit with them making good quality products now, like you said. Love my Z77 Extreme4 as wel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank guys, I think I am just so excited about being home and building it I get a little carried away, haha.

One thing I can set in stone is the IKEA Galant, gosh I love that desk!
    Last edited by Roblivion; 2013-04-07 at 01:09 PM.
    4670k @ 4.4GHz - MSI Z87 G45 - Silverstone AR03 - Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 OC - Antec 620W High Current Gamer

16GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz - Samsung 840 250GB - 1TB WD Blue - ASUS VG248QE @ 144Hz - Fractal Design Define R4 - Windows 10 64-Bit - Logitech G-Pro
    Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Steelseries QCK Heavy - Hyper X Cloud II