Thread: me'dan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I love him. Plus, he's hot and would deserve a fresh character model with godly abs. Nevertheless, don't get your hopes up. Look at how they implemented Garona... She just stands there under a rickety hut in the Twilight Highlands handing out inconsequential quests and looking like a vanilla-armored NPC worthy of Razor Hill guard duty.
    Garona does have a unique skin though, a unique armor skin and a unique voice.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I find it utterly pathetic that the only reason why people hate this guy, is because he is too powerful for the game/world whatever.

"Flawless character" etc. Do you hate Superman too? And if you are religious, do you hate god? Did you hate Goku from DBZ? Bit weird... just because he is powerful
    1 - yes, I hate superman. boring as hell. but at least he has a weakness.
    2 - I'm an atheist.
    3 - goku was stupid as hell and injections would make him soil his pants. besides, his enemies always started the saga many times stronger than he, and he had to work hard to surpass them. he was far from flawless.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    i like med'an :S he would make a great link for peace between horde and alliance now that jaina and gone coo coo bananas :P
    But we now have the new couple, Anduin and Wrathion :P, i think they could be the perfect link for the peace between horde and alliance

Because he is super-powerfull just because he is a hybrid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Garona does have a unique skin though, a unique armor skin and a unique voice.
    Not really the only "unique" she have is the voice and the blue marks on her arms, also her armor is a rouge tier used in Wrath of the Lich King

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yes, I hate Superman for the same reason. Also, no, it's not Nice to have a Guardian in WoW again, since that completely fucks up the Warcraft 3 ending. Oh and you like Med'an more than Thrall? That's just hilarious.
    Well thats your opinion and I am fine with that. I didn't take into account that WCIII ended that way. Regardless I don't mind him. I am not saying we need him, but as there were Guardians before, I don't mind having one again. And I did like Thrall before... when he was Warchief. Now he is a bit messiah-like... too spiritual for my taste. And I don't have that feeling with Me'dan. This opinion of mine might change ofcourse, if he is put like that ingame...

Meeting of Wrathion and Me'dan would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Personally if someone is very powerful that doesn't make a bad or boring character. That's just part of him. Now Med'an personally I could care less mostly because well hybrid races make me cringe and the only true Guardian IMO is Medivh so gtfo Med'an. Of course I'd be happy of Med'an died happily ony to get rid if the Guardian nonsense unless something truly dire came again.

Sprinkling new gimmicks onto an already gimmicky character with gimmicky parents and a gimmicky backstory usually leaves barely any space for actual character development and depth, because well.. imagine a bus full of little "gimmicks", with "developments trying to cram themselves into a filled bus". Yeah.. no.

And I also despise Superman because he's the embodiment of the typical lack of originality you see every day, but for some reason - he's still praised, despite being dull.

Development is also when a character struggles to reach his goals. When you're an almighty deity that can run ten times the speed of light, then what is there left to reach? It makes for a very dull, repetitive character that reeks of a man, emasculated by his marriage, trying to compensate.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    Sprinkling new gimmicks onto an already gimmicky character with gimmicky parents and a gimmicky backstory usually leaves barely any space for actual character development and depth, because well.. imagine a bus full of little "gimmicks", with "developments trying to cram themselves into a filled bus". Yeah.. no.

And I also despise Superman because he's the embodiment of the typical lack of originality you see every day, but for some reason - he's still praised, despite being dull.

Development is also when a character struggles to reach his goals. When you're an almighty deity that can run ten times the speed of light, then what is there left to reach? It makes for a very dull, repetitive character that reeks of a man, emasculated by his marriage, trying to compensate.
    Which is EXACTLY the problem with DBZ as well, which is an endless loop of incredibly strong bad guys turning up, only for the heroes finally beating them by becoming EVEN STRONGER, which is inevitably followed by EVEN EVEN STRONGER bad guys turning up ad inifinitum. The whole idea of 'Super Saiyan times x' makes this laughably obvious.

Even Greek heroes like Hercules would inevitably meet some kind of tragic end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does everyone hate him, may I ask?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Why does everyone hate him, may I ask?
    Implemented arbitrarily into the comic series with a nearly limitless array of Anime-style powers in a complete disregard of the Warcraft-series major themes.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    For those that didn't understand... Med'an is half-human, half-orc, half-draneai and he can use Paladins, shaman, mages, and priests spells...
    He is three halves of a man....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by transorD View Post
    He is three halves of a man....
    Orc-Man-Goat!
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.