Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    No, the two things Ohlen said were that it was the biggest non-expansion content patch and Makeb's landmass was as big as some single player games.
    Since I know he didnt mention about the landmass of makeb went back and looked for it.

He said makeb is essenally the size of a full game. That wasnt refering to the landmass of it but its content.

One more lie from Bioware that the people who support this game will say doesnt mean anything now and that its still only $10 bucks.

How much has a subscriber gotten since the game has gone F2P? Has it been worth it so far?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by katta View Post
    How much has a subscriber gotten since the game has gone F2P? Has it been worth it so far?
    500 coins per month. Not exactly nothing considering that it allows subs to get major unlocks (like ship GTN) with no effort (compared to HAVING to grind 5 million credits before). Not to mention how many subs buy unlocks to sell them on GTN getting tons of credits in return. The coins give subs big credit/wealth boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruss View Post
    500 coins per month. Not exactly nothing considering that it allows subs to get major unlocks (like ship GTN) with no effort (compared to HAVING to grind 5 million credits before). Not to mention how many subs buy unlocks to sell them on GTN getting tons of credits in return. The coins give subs big credit/wealth boost.
    F2P/Preferred have a credit cap of 200k/350k. Selling unlocks isn't as profitable as buying Cartel Packages and selling them.

Deleted
    in 5 months since F2P we've had

HK Droid questline - enjoyable but takes an evening to do.
    Section X - half a dozen repeatable dailies area.
    1 new Warzone - Ancient Hypergates.
    10 heroic space missions - retuned old space missions except one iirc.
    Reputation system - regrind space missions and dailies
    Gree Event - but its open to F2P

Not enough Content for me.

Its been 7 months since a new raid, and 12 since a new 4 man.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) 5 million credits didn't require 'grinding'. Money is easy to come by in SWTOR and I'm normally broke in every other game.

2) Selling unlocks doesn't yield 'tons of credits in return'. Considering the caps on currency, subscribers are getting shafted by even that restriction. Raising the currency cap would actually raise the value of a subscription in terms of turning your stipend into credits.

3) If that's the best thing that can be said beyond the basic game, that's utter crap. I'm sure you know that though because the question asked if it was worth it. Sure, players who wanted to keep raiding and pvpng will say it's 'worth it', but he's implying is it financially worth it now. Is it literally worth the money?

We all know the answer to that question is no. That doesn't mean everyone should stop doing it right this second, because it's the only option, but it's honestly the thing I'm most upset about. It's what makes people who defend the company at all costs so much worse, because it's not the free players getting screwed, it's the subscribers. People who were previously defined as loyal, continued to support the game, and now they are tossed to the side with the same excuses that they gave free players initially.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    1) 5 million credits didn't require 'grinding'. Money is easy to come by in SWTOR and I'm normally broke in every other game.

2) Selling unlocks doesn't yield 'tons of credits in return'. Considering the caps on currency, subscribers are getting shafted by even that restriction. Raising the currency cap would actually raise the value of a subscription in terms of turning your stipend into credits.

3) If that's the best thing that can be said beyond the basic game, that's utter crap. I'm sure you know that though because the question asked if it was worth it. Sure, players who wanted to keep raiding and pvpng will say it's 'worth it', but he's implying is it financially worth it now. Is it literally worth the money?

We all know the answer to that question is no. That doesn't mean everyone should stop doing it right this second, because it's the only option, but it's honestly the thing I'm most upset about. It's what makes people who defend the company at all costs so much worse, because it's not the free players getting screwed, it's the subscribers. People who were previously defined as loyal, continued to support the game, and now they are tossed to the side with the same excuses that they gave free players initially.
    Totally agree, great post btw.
    #1.) if I didn't have the 350k credit cap, I would be sitting at around 9-12 million credits right now (maybe even more).
    #2.) i agree, F2P cannot use email or trade. The only way to "offload" credits is for someone to put up an item on the GTN for a crazy price and the F2P to buy the item. For preferred, it would be nice that maybe for every level 50 (or 55) toon you get the cap is raised by 100k? You can't use credit selling as an argument against this either. Almost all the accounts used in gold selling are stolen accounts, and no one is going to risk getting an account closed they own for selling credits.

500 coins a month is nothing either.

Since I know he didnt mention about the landmass of makeb went back and looked for it.

He said makeb is essenally the size of a full game. That wasnt refering to the landmass of it but its content.
    That sounds like landmass to me.

Doesn't seem to jive with this statement (which is more recent).

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=115

Because even the larger worlds are hardly anywhere near the size of worlds in many of the single player RPG's I've played. Unless he's talking about some tiny ass single player game, then sure I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because even the larger worlds are hardly anywhere near the size of worlds in many of the single player RPG's I've played. Unless he's talking about some tiny ass single player game, then sure I guess.
    Well, a lot of single player games make you go back through previously visited areas (Dragon Age, Bioshock, etc) so I guess it could be comparable to maybe something like that or at least close to it... I'm not expecting a ginormous world. If I get something Tatooine sized that isn't just sand everywhere, then thats plenty big for me.

How can you compare landmass to a game? Hes talking about all the content that comes from the planet when he compares it to other games (not just single player games but all games)

So they could make a planet that takes 1 hour to ride from one end to another and have absolutely nothing in it at all and that would be OK with what he said?

Hes talking about the content and you know it as does everyone else but since all the changes they make with everything they say you have to change what he was meaning so that it doesnt look like he was outright lying.

How can you compare landmass to a game? Hes talking about all the content that comes from the planet when he compares it to other games (not just single player games but all games)

Hes talking about the content and you know it as does everyone else but since all the changes they make with everything they say you have to change what he was meaning so that it doesnt look like he was outright lying.
    Disprove my link with proof. Until then, you're talking out of your ass like usual. And you can compare landmass from a planet to that of any open world game like Elder Scrolls or Grand Theft Auto.

So they could make a planet that takes 1 hour to ride from one end to another and have absolutely nothing in it at all and that would be OK with what he said?
    Who said anybody would be "OK" with what he said? In fact, what the hell does it even have to do with the argument? Once again, attempting to change the conversation to something that it never was.

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 04:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Doesn't seem to jive with this statement (which is more recent).

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=115

Two problems here. First, that's a Community Manager talking. Second, she never says that the amount of content is equal to that of a single player game. The only things she says is :
    Originally Posted by SWTOR
    it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets

5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time

and

there's plenty of content to get you there

Edit : Also, according to Dulfy, it's 3-4 times the size of a planet like Corellia. If that's the case, it could definitely be comparable in size to several single player games.
    Last edited by notorious98; 2013-04-05 at 08:51 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only things she says is
    A lot of stuff that isn't particularly true. Oh my. I guess they didn't specify content to be 'leveling' content, so they can rationally explain away the fact that you may have to do dailies, old content, new end game content, etc.

Not sure how 5-9 hours is a 'fair' amount of time though.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    A lot of stuff that isn't particularly true. Oh my. I guess they didn't specify content to be 'leveling' content, so they can rationally explain away the fact that you may have to do dailies, old content, new end game content, etc.

Not sure how 5-9 hours is a 'fair' amount of time though.
    In this, I completely agree.

EA is in a weird place marketing wise. They want to hype an expansion, and everything that entails for an MMO, but they need to manage expectations because the content follows EA's DLC model for their other products. They probably should have followed FunCom's model with TSW in their content releases and stayed away from the term "expansion." Then again, if the business practices have not driven you away at this point, what EA does now probably will not either. Expectations were sky high at the original release. They should be far more realistic now.

500 coins per month.
    Don't forget, subscribers also get to post on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

10+ Year Old Account
    9 Hours I would consider a fair amount of time. I put ~12 or so into most single player games before beating them. There are exceptions, of course.

$10 for 9 hours of entertainment isn't bad at all. I expect it will be alot more the way I play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
    $10 for 9 hours of entertainment isn't bad at all. I expect it will be alot more the way I play.
    If you're just leveling and ignoring everything else, then yes its $10 for that 9 hours. However if you're going to fully involve yourself in the endgame, HK like scavenger hunts and datacrons- well you're getting a whole lot more than 9 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    When has an MMO released everything its 'expansion' had to offer right off the bat? It has enough starting content to last until they get out more, which they are inevitably currently working on.

Paying for an expansion generally means you pay for the content it comes with upfront as well as any released content up until the next expansion.
    I'm calling out your white knight fanboi'ism. Every expansion I've played to date has had 10x more than what this paid content patch is offering. 1 new planet? I dont recall planets being much bigger than barrens when I was playing. BC, WoTLK, and even cata offered entire continents, triple the dungeons, and entire class reworks in each expansion. It was months worth of content and took even hardcore players days to hit the new max level. Even Everquest 1 had more content per expansion than this.... Everquest 2, which has probably a 3rd playerbase, offers more content per expansion with new aa tree's, classes, and dungeon count. Rift apparently doubled the world size and gave new soul choices. Guild Wars 1 gave a full games worth, with continents the size of the last, new classes, and new mechanics...

So what does this new content patch offer? Less than 9 hours of content? A story that will be completed in 1 or 2 sittings even for casual players? 4 Rehashed dungeons?

This is a paid content patch, which is fine. Calling it an expansion and trying to claim that its not much different than other expansions is stupid.

Now....should I go on?
    Last edited by woodydave44; 2013-04-06 at 12:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woody, I will give you a very moderate warning for that post. You don't call out others with the term fanboy. That usually results in an infraction.

Most of your posts are nothing but whining and complaining about the game with very invalid points over things that have been beaten to death already. You are basing your "points" off of the fact that this digital expansion is going to cover the span of time that other expansions in different MMOs have. Who is to say that 2.0 means nothing big for an entire year?

This is NOT just 9 hours of content. It took me 3 days to hit 90 in WoW, yet I'm not saying "Oh they're just giving me 3 days worth of content."

-New level cap to 55, which is supposed to take around 9 hours to hit. Instead of considering leveling/story as real content this time around, Bioware is focused on the endgame instead... which is something they did not do at release.

-A new planet that is very large in comparison to previous planets. Why do you need a bunch of new planets for just 5 levels? I don't want a bunch of planets like Quesh... I would rather have Makeb which is large and beautiful.

-New Operations, including Scum and Villainy which is pretty amazing.

-New Hardmode Flashpoints

-New dailies featured on the new planet which are now more involving rather than just going to a central hub and picking everything up.

-New abilities AND reworked talents.

-Improved PvP system.

-An actual achievement system.

-A new "HK-esque" scavenger hunt and Datacrons.

-All for $9.99

Not to mention that this is just 2.0. We will be getting content in 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc. You understand that the last major patch was 1.7, right? Each .1 represented a content patch that added much to the game. That is 7 content patches up until 2.0.

You act as if you're handing them $10 and getting nothing in return. At least some users here (Kitty for instance) have relevant posts that actually are worthy of posting. They provide clear and precise information that does get me thinking, however I have posted numerous times that I will remain positive instead of getting irritated over something that is out of my hands.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2013-04-06 at 12:51 AM.