Solo heal Ji-Kun

Anyone else tried this or heard of anyone trying it? We pulled it off (if slightly sloppily) last week. Basically disc priest is OP and we ran me (dk) and a ele shaman with conductivity for healing on the platforms. We killed the 3 bottom and 3 top then dropped down to burn the boss, probably should have killed a few more nests because the juveniles started killing people right before we killed it.

Log is here.

Could probably just run 8 DPS with a Disc healing and a prot pally tanking and nuke it down before nests become a problem. The first week we killed it we cleared like 2-3 nests and just healed through the birds since none of us read the strat. If you're lower on the gear level then yeah you really don't need a healer at nests, hybrids and personals is enough, even on heroic if you play well.

Talon Rake might become an issue even with a prot pally; I don't think you can bubble the stacks, can you?

Deleted
    Not with hop atleast not sure about the personal bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    Talon Rake might become an issue even with a prot pally; I don't think you can bubble the stacks, can you?
    No, but the damage is physical and a prot paladin can reforge to high mastery for better mitigation. Any prot paladin who has a clue will have a ShoR prepared for Talon Rake, reducing the damage from it by a guaranteed 50% or more, if gearing for mastery. Add in additional cooldowns and it becomes survivable for quite a while.

I'd be more worried about the DoT stacking too high, personally.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

You can't bubble it off, but paladins are just straight up gods. Our prot can take 4 talons on heroic pretty easily, I'm assuming if you kill the boss fast enough on normal with 8 DPS he can survive for that long.

Quote Originally Posted by dkdk View Post
    Anyone else tried this or heard of anyone trying it? We pulled it off (if slightly sloppily) last week. Basically disc priest is OP and we ran me (dk) and a ele shaman with conductivity for healing on the platforms. We killed the 3 bottom and 3 top then dropped down to burn the boss, probably should have killed a few more nests because the juveniles started killing people right before we killed it.

Log is here.
    We do the same thing but I wouldnt call it solo healing if you are disc.
    We also ignore everything and pop hero and burn boss from 40%.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    No, but the damage is physical and a prot paladin can reforge to high mastery for better mitigation. Any prot paladin who has a clue will have a ShoR prepared for Talon Rake, reducing the damage from it by a guaranteed 50% or more, if gearing for mastery. Add in additional cooldowns and it becomes survivable for quite a while.

I'd be more worried about the DoT stacking too high, personally.
    Ran 10 man last week, our paladin ran up 13 stacks of Talon Rakes before he died

Quote Originally Posted by Farnswurth View Post
    Ran 10 man last week, our paladin ran up 13 stacks of Talon Rakes before he died
    Your Paladin died? I don't believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Your Paladin died? I don't believe you.
    Blame the healers :P
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Sure it wasn't infected talons? I couldn't find good info on the spell but 13 stacks sounds like it wouldn't be possible to mitigate.

How did you deal with Infected Talons?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    We do the same thing but I wouldnt call it solo healing if you are disc.
    We also ignore everything and pop hero and burn boss from 40%.
    What would you call it, .5 healing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    How did you deal with Infected Talons?
    Infected Talons drop off during down draft and sometimes during quills/feed the young depending a bit on RNG. It is not a problem.

Single with an Atonement Priest sounds doable, and apparently is. Do you think it would work with a Mistweaver ?