Poll: How should the 85-90 experience be changed?

Thread: MoP - Leveling

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Give a chance to skip jade forest sully quests, those stupid ones where you take over the 4 quests in pearl jam village. Fuck me, 6th time they get tedious...
    Give an option to avoid jade forest and go straight to KLS and VOT4W.
    Please don't reduce xp.
    Not fussed over flying mounts particularly.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

One thing I'd like to see in future expansions is sub max level scenarios. With my current leveling project (number seven) I'm doing a combination of questing and pvp; the only toon in MoP that I've leveled this way in this expansion. I think adding scenarios for leveling would be an interesting 4th option. The scenarios could be rated by zone/level and be an interesting way to tell stories.

I'm wonder what will happen with the current scenarios when the next expansion comes out. Will you still be able to do them? Will you get exp/rewards for doing them?

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Might be time to take a break. Most altoholics experience this kind of burnout.
    Yeah, I've been trying to take a break. It's just a shame, since I'd like to get my alts to cap, but it just feels too long. >=

Quote Originally Posted by Shirohibiki View Post
    Yeah, I've been trying to take a break. It's just a shame, since I'd like to get my alts to cap, but it just feels too long. >=
    Have you tried different methods of leveling. I've done the following:
    Nearly 100% dungeons (resto-druid, main, just easy for a healer)
    50/50 dungeons/questing (priest: shadow for questing and disc for healing)
    Mostly questing (lock/hunter/warrior/ret pally)
    50/50 questing/pvp (monk, not quite done yet)

raise 2 character to 90 - get free flying tome for the realm. presto.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganaut View Post
    Give a chance to skip jade forest sully quests, those stupid ones where you take over the 4 quests in pearl jam village. Fuck me, 6th time they get tedious...
    Give an option to avoid jade forest and go straight to KLS and VOT4W.
    Please don't reduce xp.
    Not fussed over flying mounts particularly.
    I'm thinking Jade Forest is to Pandaria what Hellfire was to Outland. I think the big problem folks are having is Wrath gave us two starting zones (Borean Tundra and Howling Fjord) and so did Cata (Mt. Hyjal and Vash'Jir). The land is pretty much set and quests are unlikely to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I'm thinking Jade Forest is to Pandaria what Hellfire was to Outland. I think the big problem folks are having is Wrath gave us two starting zones (Borean Tundra and Howling Fjord) and so did Cata (Mt. Hyjal and Vash'Jir). The land is pretty much set and quests are unlikely to change.
    I agree, they didn't like dumping everyone into one zone for BC, for performance reasons, but I really liked the variety given by having two zones for 70-80 and 80-85. Perhaps the problem with MoP is the lack of variety in leveling - if you've leveled one character on a faction, then you've leveled them all.

If Cata got one thing right, it was leveling. You could go 80-82 in either of the starter zones, then you could go to Deepholm if you chose or just go to the other starter zone, then by 83 you could hit Uldum and stick around to 85 or go to Twilight Highlands. You had choices. Wrath was even better as you could pretty hit 80 in either Icecrown on Storm Peaks. I don't know, I find MoP to be a good expansion but leveling/questing in it is too painful. However, to each, their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, my view on an alt is that if you start one then you're starting an entirely new character and should level up the same speed as any character. I hate this, "we should have shortcuts because we already did it before" viewpoint, an alt shouldn't be a character you take shortcuts with but it's another character that you decided to start and you should fully understand that you're going to have to level it just as much as you would the first one. I hate the philosophy of giving shortcuts to a second character and any made in the future just as much as I hate skipping raid tiers with alts.

An alt is another character you decided to make, you should have to work just as hard to make him somewhat as good as your main.
    Hey everyone

No, I don't think they should lessen the content for people on their first time through because you think it's tedious on your 8th.

One thing I don't like about MoP is the leveling, I actually find it pretty horrid. Less experience, and when the next expansion releases enable flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Honestly, my view on an alt is that if you start one then you're starting an entirely new character and should level up the same speed as any character. I hate this, "we should have shortcuts because we already did it before" viewpoint, an alt shouldn't be a character you take shortcuts with but it's another character that you decided to start and you should fully understand that you're going to have to level it just as much as you would the first one. I hate the philosophy of giving shortcuts to a second character and any made in the future just as much as I hate skipping raid tiers with alts.

An alt is another character you decided to make, you should have to work just as hard to make him somewhat as good as your main.
    This might not be an issue if the content available was plentiful enough that there were multiple ways to reach level 90 without repartition or that if was fun enough to stand the test of being repeated a number of times it is clear from the number of complaints that for many players it is not. Many people like to play multiple characters and as more and more levels are added to the game the greater the barrier to start afresh becomes Blizzard can ignore this but if they want people to continue to pay them it is an issue they need to address.

After leveling several toons from either 80-90 or 85-90 I can say that most people in this thread need to get over it. Leveling is not time consuming. There is nothing wrong with MoP leveling. If you are struggling you should focus on what you are doing and not blame the content. Leveling is pretty damn easy. Now I'm not saying that leveling can't be tedious but if you are getting frustrated or tired it's time to take a break for a couple of days, but that also applies to every other aspect of online gaming. You also don't need to add flying for alts, seriously. Like riding a ground mount for 20 seconds to get to your destination is hard right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    This might not be an issue if the content available was plentiful enough that there were multiple ways to reach level 90 without repartition or that if was fun enough to stand the test of being repeated a number of times it is clear from the number of complaints that for many players it is not. Many people like to play multiple characters and as more and more levels are added to the game the greater the barrier to start afresh becomes Blizzard can ignore this but if they want people to continue to pay them it is an issue they need to address.
    You can literally reach level 85 in a matter of a few days.
    Hey everyone

There better more zone's in the next expansion. I'm sick of this 1 fucking leveling path. There needs to be choices, not a set linear path.

And no Krasarang Wilds doesn't count as a zone you could entirely level from. You HAVE To do both Krasarang Wilds and Valley of the Four Winds if your only questing. That's why you get quests for both zones early on.

Takes way too long exp-wise, and flying would just be nice anyway. So both.

Deleted
    I dont think it takes so long time to lvl from 85-90. I lvl a new character from 1- 90 in about 2 weeks and i raid with 1 lvl 90 3 days a week and doing LFR with 3 lvl 90 every week. Also cap my vp on all 4 lvl 90s. If you know where to quest its not so bad. I have done the quests 5 times so i know where to go and when to go to next place. 85-90 only takes around 15-20 hours if you know where to go. I dont think it was faster in cata or wotlk. Sure it feels that it was faster because you could fly to the quests instead of running and killing mobs at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    There better more zone's in the next expansion. I'm sick of this 1 fucking leveling path. There needs to be choices, not a set linear path.

And no Krasarang Wilds doesn't count as a zone you could entirely level from. You HAVE To do both Krasarang Wilds and Valley of the Four Winds if your only questing. That's why you get quests for both zones early on.
    I'm no expert on MoP zones but I did level from 85-86 (70% through 86) just through Jade Forest, did a few VotFW quests (Nesingwary) and was off to Kun Lai in a matter of no time.
    Hey everyone

The only change I "need" is flight. God I miss flying when I'm leveling alts. It doesn't even need to make it go that much faster, just make it feel faster. If people don't want to fly, they don't have to, but I would like to.

The Blizzard argument for not adding flying is to preserve the "feel" of the leveling experience, but I think that's already lost by the time you're grinding alts up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    The only change I "need" is flight. God I miss flying when I'm leveling alts. It doesn't even need to make it go that much faster, just make it feel faster. If people don't want to fly, they don't have to, but I would like to.

The Blizzard argument for not adding flying is to preserve the "feel" of the leveling experience, but I think that's already lost by the time you're grinding alts up.
    Basically you just said, "I've already done the work, I shouldn't have to do it again." What?
    Hey everyone

I don't mind being forced to ground mounts on my first toon through a new expansions continent, but I liked how they did it in WOTLK, where you could buy a tome of flying for your alts, I certainly think it's a middle ground that would make many players gametime a little less frustrating!