Poll: How should the 85-90 experience be changed?

Thread: MoP - Leveling

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    88 and 89 exp kills it for me.

Especially now that the toon I'm leveling is healer only; I'm stuck spamming BG's and Dungeons through that crap of a grind.
    It needs a nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    So? It will take someone that knows what they are doing roughly 60-70 hours of game play to get to 85 then they have another 20-30 hours before they can experience the part of the game that everyone is playing. Asking someone to play for 100 hours plus before they can even start to play the main part of the game is ridiculous the first time around let alone third, forth or fifth time. It might be a different story if the content and story available was varied and plentiful enough to be enjoyable but in essence you are asking people to invest weeks playing the game doing the same three or four quests over and over again. This is before you even hit the issues of the story between the revamped 1-60, TBC, WOTLK, Cata and MOP essentially being all over the place.

There are reasons that WOW is not attracting enough new players to replace those that leave and a long drawn out levelling process is part of them.
    I didn't mean full days, you can literally make 85 in a matter of days and by that I mean 24 hours would do it. I never said actual days (each day is 24 hours) because nobody plays for that long usually. I've made level 60 within one session around 8ish hours...
    Hey everyone

I liked the idea I saw in a blue post today that they might be discussing.

Reach 90 on one character, xp required reduction for alts.
    Reach 90 on two characters, further reduction for your alts.

Would be cool to progressively get a faster leveling for alts.

Hope they reduce the xp and add flying. Leveling for the first time in a new expansion/zone is fun, exciting and you get to see all the new enemies and the designs. The second time through is okay, you can maybe try leveling a faster route, skipping certain quest chains you know are long and tedious and instead take faster quests, sometimes skipping entire zones you know are slow. From the 3rd time onwards leveling is just a chore, there's nothing fun about it and there's no enjoyment to be had. There isn't even a feeling of accomplishment, I mean it isn't difficult, it's just time consuming.

It's like trying to break down a brick wall with your skull, painful, annoying and slow, and you won't even feel any excitement when the wall finally crumbles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll personally say I think leveling as a whole minus the new 5 levels (10 for BC and WotLK) is far too fast.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    I'll personally say I think leveling as a whole minus the new 5 levels (10 for BC and WotLK) is far too fast.
    I'll personally bet you don't have 40 toons like I do

(only 6 are max lvl though)
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Decrease XP req, and increase XP from dungeons(currently it gives next to none)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'll personally bet you don't have 40 toons like I do

(only 6 are max lvl though)
    I've made like 2 alts all the way and I wasn't satisfied about how fast everything went by.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sitting on 15 level 90s at the moment, and I have to say, I got so goddamn burned out on running around everywhere that I canceled my sub once they all got to 90. First one was a really great experience, 15th made me want to put a gun barrel in my mouth. Absolutely fucking ridiculous. I have zero desire to go from that suicidal mission to, what, running a million dailies? No fucking thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I personally liked the heirloom tome of flying that required higher level to purchase and lower level to use... make it a bit on the expensive side and it doubles as a gold sink. (I'm thinking 2-3x as expensive as normal pandaren flight training would cost at max level.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I say stay the same for now, however the next expansion to add in flying as well as reduced exp.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'm sitting on 15 level 90s at the moment
    May I ask why? Why would you level that many, goodness gracious...

I'd rather level 1-90 doing nothing but dailies in HFP than finish leveling my second character through Pandaria.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Currently leveling my 5th alt, yes it is my choice but some help from blizzard is appreciated. Like a 10-20% extra XP or an tome for flying in panda land.

But it is going good the way it is, not that i am complaining it is just that it will be a nice change. Just give the 10-20% and flying for people who already got a 90.

Like this:
    1 90 is 5% extra XP.
    2 90 is 10% extra XP.
    3 90 is 15% extra XP.
    4 90 is 20% extra XP
    5 90 is 25% extra XP.

And there is stops, since there is no achievement for 6 or 7.

Being able to buy a tome like in wotlk would be nice, caus sitting on the ground leveling isn't the problem, the problem is that 90s jumping in instantly killing you and then ganking you. Yes it is my choice to be on a PvP realm and that is no problem for me, the problem is that a 90 is ganking my 88 lock, how in the hell can i kill a full PvP geared 90 rogue? They are hard enough for a 90 char to defeat let alone an 88.

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    I didn't mean full days, you can literally make 85 in a matter of days and by that I mean 24 hours would do it. I never said actual days (each day is 24 hours) because nobody plays for that long usually. I've made level 60 within one session around 8ish hours...
    Without using RAF the fastest people have levelled 1-90 is about one and half days played, this is taking advantage of guild perks, heirlooms, rested exp and more than likely a friend or two to help, the average player will take at least twice this amount of time. If someone plays for an average of two hours a day there are looking at about two months before they can enjoy main part of the game, personally I do not think that levelling experience is fun or varied enough
    to play through for 70 odd hours multiple times.

Deleted
    Are people really getting that lazy? They intended to make Pandaria leveled without flying mount for a very long time. If ever, I suspect they will enable flying at lower levels at the very end of the expansion, which would be ok at that time. I really want Blizzard to keep on their "promise" of no flying in Pandaria as long as possible. Somehow it would make me happy. However I agree with reducing slightly the exp needed, especially from 89-90. Leveling in Dread Wastes is not hard, it's just boring.

If you have problems with leveling your alts without flying, perhaps you should check out some guides hm? :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'm sitting on 15 level 90s at the moment, and I have to say, I got so goddamn burned out on running around everywhere that I canceled my sub once they all got to 90. First one was a really great experience, 15th made me want to put a gun barrel in my mouth. Absolutely fucking ridiculous. I have zero desire to go from that suicidal mission to, what, running a million dailies? No fucking thanks.
    So, your addiction as an alt-o-holic, and need to play and level 15 lvl 90 characters, led to the hate and unsubscription of a game because you were burnt out... and flying would have kept the barrel out of your mouth? No offsense. You obviously loved the game, but it may have been the best thing to happen to you and give you a little break from Warcraft. No one should ever feel suicidal over a game... especially a kid's game.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    So, your addiction as an alt-o-holic, and need to play and level 15 lvl 90 characters, led to the hate and unsubscription of a game because you were burnt out... and flying would have kept the barrel out of your mouth? No offsense. You obviously loved the game, but it may have been the best thing to happen to you and give you a little break from Warcraft. No one should ever feel suicidal over a game... especially a kid's game.
    A kid's game? A majority of people that play are adults.

I'd prefer either flying or reduced XP, on my third toon and really struggling getting through dread wastes atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    But I hate one thing. Dread Wastes.
    This is pretty much the Dread I feel while leveling. That the last level will be dinged there. On a dark, unpleasant area. In a place where there is pretty much one quest hub. In a clusterfuck where you have to ride your ass off every time you wanna do a quest - oh, sorry, "free a paragon". This place is a madmans dream, and compared to smooth experiance of Valley or Steppes it feels like somebody else programmed this one zone.
    Yep, I agree with everything said, I quite hate dread wastes.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Add flying pl0x!

If you level with a friend it goes much quicker.

This was done solo / through normal means: (1-90 in 2days 20hrs)

I even maxed JC & mining in that time (though i did farm all the mats before hand).

Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|