View Poll Results: How should the 85-90 experience be changed?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Add flying in Pandaria for 85 and above.

    25 10.29%
  • Reduce the experience needed for each level.

    76 31.28%
  • Add flying AND reduce the experience needed.

    61 25.10%
  • Don't change the leveling at all.

    68 27.98%
  • Other (Leave a comment)

    13 5.35%

Thread: MoP - Leveling

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Well people seem to prefer oranges over apples. Mmo is dwindling overall because people nowadays don't want to waste too much time grinding stuff. Time to change or die(well not immediately, but surely lose subs).
    World of Warcraft actually jumped back up to 9.6 million players as of Mists of Pandaria. So it's gained from Cataclysm. There is no bigger game and I'm not sure any game can ever be as big as World of Warcraft again.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    World of Warcraft actually jumped back up to 9.6 million players as of Mists of Pandaria. So it's gained from Cataclysm. There is no bigger game and I'm not sure any game can ever be as big as World of Warcraft again.
    And lost 0.4 million players in 3 months (10mil -> 9.6mil)?

    Also wow is biggest "mmo", not "game". Games like lol are larger

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    And lost 0.4 million players in 3 months (10mil -> 9.6mil)?

    Also wow is biggest "mmo", not "game". Games like lol are larger
    League of Legends has 5 million F2P players. World of Warcraft has 9.6 million P2P players. Where are you seeing anything that says League of Legends is larger?

  4. #104
    In Cata, everyone said "No more flying at lower levels! Keep it at max level! Ruins the feel of the game!"

    Now, all we hear is "Give flying! Moar flying! Must have flying nao!"

    Why Blizzard even bothers giving people anything is beyond me. You whine about one thing, then they do what you wanted, and you still whine. Enough already. This ain't Burger King, people. You can't have it your way all the time.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    League of Legends has 5 million F2P players. World of Warcraft has 9.6 million P2P players. Where are you seeing anything that says League of Legends is larger?
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasoneva...-call-of-duty/

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I'm afraid your link didn't come up with anything for me, but here's there latest count.

    http://www.riotgames.com/articles/20...ummit-new-peak

    Oh, it did just now. That was taken in 2012. And I don't see any sources. I remember something saying that League of Legends had 12m total accounts. But inactive accounts don't matter.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    I'm afraid your link didn't come up with anything for me, but here's there latest count.

    http://www.riotgames.com/articles/20...ummit-new-peak
    It's 'concurrent' players. Wow subscription doesn't mean 9.6 million players play at the same time.


    Also just scratch from link above

    To cast aside your doubt, consider this: It has more daily players than Instagram has daily visitors. At its peak, Blizzard’s World of Warcraft had 12 million subscribers; League of Legends has 32 million players monthly. Last Friday, 650,000 gamers were concurrently playing the top 100 games on Steam. Meanwhile, there were 3 million playing League of Legends at any given time on a typical day in July.

    At its most popular point, Activision’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 had an impressive 3.3 million daily players. League of Legends sees 12 million.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 08:17 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    I'm afraid your link didn't come up with anything for me, but here's there latest count.

    http://www.riotgames.com/articles/20...ummit-new-peak

    Oh, it did just now. That was taken in 2012. And I don't see any sources. I remember something saying that League of Legends had 12m total accounts. But inactive accounts don't matter.
    Source? it was provided by Riot... Are you claiming that the company is faking the numbers?

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    It's 'concurrent' players. Wow subscription doesn't mean 9.6 million players play at the same time.


    Also just scratch from link above

    To cast aside your doubt, consider this: It has more daily players than Instagram has daily visitors. At its peak, Blizzard’s World of Warcraft had 12 million subscribers; League of Legends has 32 million players monthly. Last Friday, 650,000 gamers were concurrently playing the top 100 games on Steam. Meanwhile, there were 3 million playing League of Legends at any given time on a typical day in July.

    At its most popular point, Activision’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 had an impressive 3.3 million daily players. League of Legends sees 12 million.
    What's your point? That F2P games attract more players? That's obviously true. It's also true that a good portion of League of Legends players have alternate accounts. That's not as true for subscription based games.

    And what company even measures their success by people who aren't buying their product?

  9. #109
    It was too easy to level 85-90.

    Keep the no flying mounts and double the xp needed to level. That'll fix it.

  10. #110
    I would be ok with either flying for alts or less exp required for 85-90. If I can fly it faster to do quests + less dieing so you level faster. Less exp required means you will either level faster while still questing or it may actually be possible to use dungeons(which they need to raise the xp for also).

    I wish I had speed leveled more of my 85-87 alts with pet battles while it was OP.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    I tend to agree with this. I run into so many people that can't play their class because of raf yor the lack of time required to max level. Being max level should be something you strive for, not something rewarded because you feel like you have "earned" it. Think of leveling as training to play your class proficiently at 90. How many bad players do you see a day? I for one think leveling maybe shouldn't be longer, but there should be a competency test before you expose your ignorance to everyone else in lfr,dungeons,bgs etc. that is one aspect I miss about vanilla. Shitty players didn't get into groups.
    I learned how to play my class at max level every exp because I went on the internet and looked it up. Leveling never really taught me much about this game. You can basically reach max level just spamming scorch but that is not how u play a Mage at 90.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-04-04 at 12:52 AM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

    1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

  12. #112
    I don't think the levelling experience would be too bad if automatic flight paths were reintroduced for alts. Pandaland is a very massive continent and having to use landmounts until you're 90 just isn't fun when you've already seen what it has to offer. I don't think reducing the exp is necessary. I didn't have any trouble levelling my alt while doing dailies on my main. However, I wouldn't complain if the exp needed was reduced.

  13. #113
    I recently leveled an alt from 1-90 and I was having a blast all the way up to 85 when they took flying away from me again. Initially in MoP I enjoyed the idea, but I do think that a flying tome for alts should be in the game at this point, as it kills my desire to level through those zones.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    It was too easy to level 85-90.
    Easy, but slow. Much slower than Wrath or Cata. This is partly because of the XP requirement and partly because the mobs have way more health. At 85 my DK was chewing through mobs and reached 86 quickly. By 88 he hit like a wet noodle and took ages to complete each quest. Same deal with my Druid.

  15. #115
    Mechagnome TrollShaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Echo Isles
    Posts
    667
    I can live without flying in Pandaria until I hit 90, but getting my alts to 90 is pretty time consuming considering that I have like 5 alts waiting in line to hit 90. Not to mention leveling in Dread Wastes is, well, a dread. Curse you Cataclysm for making me an altoholic ):
    That said, I hope they reduce the exp needed to level up.

    Troll altoholic | Windrunner and Barthilas Horde

  16. #116
    I feel like add flying will totally ruin the leveling experience but nerfing the experience needed for each level will help BIG time for alts.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The problem is that even without heirlooms, leveling is quite quick owing to the XP reduction across the board. This punishes people that want to take their time and do the quests, and finish zone storylines.

    I'm all in favor of a paid XP suppression which makes you gain XP at a slower rate. More choice is a good thing.
    this happen because blizzard applied a flat reduction in the xp needed to level mostly for new players, because peoples that level alts have already access to heirlooms and guild bonus; i'm totally against this kinda of fix cause they are not optional and force peoples to one path, there are tonload of method to give xp buff and let the player decide to use them or not.
    How about we let the parenting of kids to... their parents? No, seriously, World of Warcraft is a videogame. Gaming it's supposed to be a fun activity (if you have that fun through challenges, social interactions, etc is completely up to you). Not some kind of "School of Hard Knocks about the Real World".

  18. #118
    leave it how it is, it's not hard at all.
    my PSN ID - Kobold_Rider

  19. #119
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,531
    Each expansion has their way, like MoP has no flying and has high amount of experience.

    Keep how it is.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •