Resto Shaman Atonement-like idea

I love the option Disc priests and Monks have that allows them to do medium DPS and medium heals.
    It makes LFR/dungeons more fun, and it can be useful in normal raids when only light healing is needed.

How could this work with Shaman?
    One option I like is making LB (and maybe FS and LvB) extend HST by 1s per cast (with max extension of 15s).
    HST can do 30k HPS while it is up, and the resto shaman can FS/LvB/LB for 30k DPS (and recast HST every 30s).
    It seems this would be a simple mechanic for Blizz to implement.

Discuss.

id rather not have that style of healing on my shaman, if i wanted to do atonement style healing id stick to either of those classes.

Deleted
    If you want to do medidamage while healing you can choose better elements or something

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought LB gave you mana back?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I don't see the point of having yet another class with a damage - healing mechanic.
    Shamans get mana back on Lightning Bolt.

Frankly, i never found attonement to be interesting to begin with. You're just spamming 2 keys on a single target while smart heals do the work.
    Its more about Archangel and managing your stacks of evangelism. So you can get your 25% healing boost when you need it.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Honestly, I was hoping this was the sort of tack they'd take when they reworked the talents for MoP but they didn't.
    It would be nice to see talents used to trade main spec abilities for off spec abilities. So a resto-shammy could trade some healing throughput to pick up some elemental/enhancement like dps abilities.

I'm kind of in agreement with the whole - not wanting another atonement healer opinion. Having said that it would be nice to have some sort of mechanic that centres on lightning bolt and doing light healing. I think your suggestion implements quite well and you're not going to be 50% of a dps + 50% of a healer, more like 20%/20% which I'd like tbh. Especially if the LB mana return glyph became baseline. There are definitely times on a couple of fights where healing can be boring, and I think this could be a cool way of implementing it. an alternative could be that LB builds up charges that last say 2minutes, up to say 30 charges? and can be used to extend the duration of HST/FE/EE totem or something... certainly could be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    For dungeon, make your life easier and go ele while trowing offheals.