Thread: LFR Durumu

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    also, it's just completely dependent on your group, some pick the mechanic really quickly, some do not. for instance, my first clear of this wing was, 2 wipes on durumu, 1 shot primordius, and 1 wipe on animus.
    The problem with this... is that no matter how many stacks of determination and how many tries you get... Some people do not learn. So 20 odd people waste three hours because some other person can't get it together.

I'm all for learning and forcing people to figure it out... But some people simply ... wont. They don't want to, and don't care. And that will hold back alllll the other people who DO care.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by dkdk View Post
    Are you on crack? Haven't done LFR yet, but there is definitely a yellow beam on normal, it slowly rotates around the room on its own.
    There is Yellow beam, on all 3 modes, but killable yellow add is on HC only. The yellow light on Norm and LFR is there only to increase DMG done to your raid.
    On norm there is 3 red and 1 blue add (you control red and blue light, the yellow is on automatic rotation but you can plaxce the start of it anywhere).
    On LFR it seems there is only 1 red that needs to be killed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    There is Yellow beam, on all 3 modes, but killable yellow add is on HC only. The yellow light on Norm and LFR is there only to increase DMG done to your raid.
    On LFR it seems there is only 1 red that needs to be killed
    Incorrect. On LFR, there is 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 blue. Red and blue lights are controlled, yellow is automated.

Please do LFR before you know what you're talking about. It even says it in the dungeon journal. Go look.

Even from wowhead
    In Raid Finder Difficulty, these cones persist until players have found and vanquished one fog beast of each color.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    So the maze phase still actually kills people doing it wrong? Amazing.
    It didn't kill me and I had no idea wtf to do. Graphics card was having a meltdown, and my whole screen went varying shades of purple. So I just avoided the main beam and rolled defensive abilities. It hurt, but nowhere near lethal.

Edit: We did lose ~20 other people though. 3 stacks before we were able to 5man it. Healing a tank through 10 stacks of the debuff is fun. Turns out Void Swap ignores it, which was the only reason that was possible.
    Last edited by espoire; 2013-04-03 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Incorrect. On LFR, there is 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 blue. Red and blue lights are controlled, yellow is automated.

Please do LFR before you know what you're talking about. It even says it in the dungeon journal. Go look.

Even from wowhead
    well, thanks for correcting, still that dont make much sense from blizzard.
    And I play in EU so at the time of post there was no 3rd LFR available. (the 1st one, today I replyed on nonreloaded page to the post right below me without checking)

Got into a group that had 5 stacks, 75% of the raid would die to eye sore, almost got him down with about 6 people alive. Then he bugged out and got stuck in the ceiling, had to wait til we had 8 stacks and just burned him before he got to the eye sore phase.

The only real problem is the stuck in the ceiling bug. The fact that people can't figure out how to stay alive during the maze isn't a problem with the encounter, it's just people being idiots. I mean, eye sore wasn't even doing that much damage, people were just running around in it for so long that they would die. Doesn't need a nerf imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet, 6 wipes later, we still can't get people to run to a colored marker. I don't know what's so hard to understand "Run to this giant colored beam of light"
    People with shitty graphics can't see the marks; they fade about the same time the beams start, and can't be seen at all from the opposite side of the room. It's still not horrendously hard to just run a ring around the boss until you see the add and then stop though.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 01:57 AM ----------

I serious just got asked to 'describe what blue is' by someone. Not "What do I do with the blue beam"... they didn't understand the difference between "red" and "blue"
    Nice. Colorblind maybe? They DO make the beams look different enough for a colorblind person to distinguish them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice. Colorblind maybe? They DO make the beams look different enough for a colorblind person to distinguish them.
    I highly, highly, highly doubt that someone who is colorblind cannot determine, at an age old enough to play wow, what "blue" is.

And there is a colorblind mode, too. Whatever they see as blue, is still blue to them. Colorblind people don't see blue and call it "Herfergle"

10+ Year Old Account
    How's the maze in LFR then?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    How's the maze in LFR then?
    I had never seen it before, so it took a couple tries to understand the maze, with no explanation. It's a LITTLE hard to see, to be honest, and a number of times I stood in crap and took no damage, while other times there was clearly no crap and I took damage.

That, and he's bugged and is in the cieling, making the fight more or less impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    People with shitty graphics can't see the marks; they fade about the same time the beams start, and can't be seen at all from the opposite side of the room. It's still not horrendously hard to just run a ring around the boss until you see the add and then stop though.

Probably some don't know, but being colorblind is not an excuse to miss ANYTHING IN WoW. There are settings that will change ALL the colours to accomodate color blind people, they're just not very public.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

At this point i don't know why Blizzard bothers putting any mechanics in lfr at all. Every single time a new wing is released its the same story anyway. Put the boss model, remove all his abilities, let him white swing the tank while "raiders" happily whack it like a pinata. Its what people want anyway, the whole "experiencing the content" was complete bullshit and only thing that matters is purple pixels, it was the only thing all along. And they need to come in at a steady pace too or our brave raiders get grumpy and threatens to cancel their very precious subscription.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 07:19 AM ----------

I play on a 6 years old toaster, the only setting you need to raid is Projected Textures On and any comp that can actually boot WoW should handle them, you can turn everything else to minimum and not miss a thing.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2013-04-03 at 07:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    I play on a 6 years old toaster, the only setting you need to raid is Projected Textures On and any comp that can actually boot WoW should handle them, you can turn everything else to minimum and not miss a thing.
    Heh. I'm raiding on about the same thing. The marks definitely vanished. And either I overlooked everything except yellow or ~60-80 yards was farther than my object draw distance. I DO have my setting below minimum though, as per this post: http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...ttings_macros/

Of course, one quick lap around the boss in melee range reveals them no matter where they are.

Edit: this is what fighting a felhound with a mage looks like on my machine.

Edit2: By the way, Projected Textures hasn't been needed to see any raid mechanics since the start of Cataclysm. Only thing that ever had a problem with it was the bolts on Sha of Fear, and those have a particle effect over the impact point and you can watch the bolt itself as well.
    Last edited by espoire; 2013-04-03 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    As much as it hurt to say it I know people that play on 6 years old garbage(the PC wasnt superb 6 years ago where it is now if not garbage).

Heh. I'm raiding on about the same thing. The marks definitely vanished. And either I overlooked everything except yellow or ~60-80 yards was farther than my object draw distance. I DO have my setting below minimum though, as per this post: http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...ttings_macros/

Of course, one quick lap around the boss in melee range reveals them no matter where they are.

Edit: this is what fighting a felhound with a mage looks like on my machine.

Edit2: By the way, Projected Textures hasn't been needed to see any raid mechanics since the start of Cataclysm. Only thing that ever had a problem with it was the bolts on Sha of Fear, and those have a particle effect over the impact point and you can watch the bolt itself as well.
    Funny that this macros exist.
    Back in the days I looked for Max settings on much less powerfull machine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtqujLp7rjU
    that would be TBC we look at maxed out.
    Last edited by Dukenukem; 2013-04-03 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    As much as it hurt to say it I know people that play on 6 years old garbage(the PC wasnt superb 6 years ago where it is now if not garbage).

Funny that this macros exist.
    Back in the days I looked for Max settings on much less powerfull machine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtqujLp7rjU
    that would be TBC we look at maxed out.
    Quality of my PC actually went down over the years, it was about average when i built (around 1500$ for the whole thing including monitor+all accessories) but 2 years ago within 2 months both my PSU and my Vid cards died on me and had to replace them with sub-par pieces by lack of funds.

Deleted
    day 1:

"lfr is too easy, lol wow is a terrible game - i remember when it was hard blah blah"

day 2:

"LFR too hard, please nerf i need my epics!"

honestly people please make your mind up.....so we dont get one of these threads every week, repeating yourselfs over and over again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by akrusLJ View Post
    day 1:

"lfr is too easy, lol wow is a terrible game - i remember when it was hard blah blah"

day 2:

"LFR too hard, please nerf i need my epics!"

honestly people please make your mind up.....so we dont get one of these threads every week, repeating yourselfs over and over again
    The funny part about this is the amount of wipes people are whining about too.. The boss is dead within 5-10 pulls and people claim its to hard -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    woah woah woah. i'm completely a casual player now (uni and job) and i am far from the "click their skills" "turn with keyboard" player. i really wish people would stop stereotyping all casual players as bad. casual players are just that *casual* while bad players are just that *bad*.
    As far as I'm concerned, the fact that you care enough about the game to post on a forum about it means that you are not casual. My definition of "casual" is someone who plays maybe once or twice a week, doesn't read fan sites, doesn't consider "learning" the game to be a priority, stuff like that.

You might consider something else casual, but then we're just arguing semantics. To me, you're probably somewhere between casual and hardcore, and the fact that you care enough to post here probably means you're decent.

Deleted
    wiped on him earlier 4 times :> very hard boss for LFR imo, did all the other bosses in every LFR section first try, this is only boss ive wiped more than once on. all seems to go well until the maze, then half the raid die, and another 10 die after a few seconds, we eventually did it, after the maze there was about 8 of us left and we managed to get him down just about

edit: to add, i dont think it should be nerfed, pretty boring when LFR is a walk in the park, i know its suppose to be easy, but keep some challenge! after a few weeks people will learn tactics hopefully and it wont need a nerf.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Atleast anima is a joke. =p We literally all stood in the middle and aoe'd

yeah we did the same lol, think 2 people died but mostly it was easy.

now primordias, i had no clue what was going on, on my hunter i ended with a total of 20k dps! i had like -100% haste, - 60% crit - 100% mastery, steady show had like a 5sec cast time and i was hitting like a wet paper towel, had no clue wtf was happening.i was told to stand on dead ooze bodies, i did that and it didnt go well, i turned into a dinosaur once aswell, not sure what that was for!

Just had 7 stacks before we killed it. The cloud really isn't helpful in showing where you can stand and where you can't. I see a graphics change incoming for this encounter, at least on LFR.