Thread: LFR Durumu

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7 people died this week in my LFR MSV run to the elegon floor drop.

Some people never learn, you just have to hope in the coming weeks you don't get too many of these geniuses in your LFR groups <.<

Deleted
    2-shot it earlier today when I was there with my warrior earlier today. Loads of people died on the first pull to the maze but someone marked himself on the second pull. I was doing it for the first time myself, but I found it rather easy - stand in the beam when he starts to load his lazor and then go either to the left or right side. THen just wait patiently and move when the maze reveals itself. Found it pretty fun too.

Primordius was a... well, a joke. Killed it on the first pull even when gazillion adds reached the boss. Wiped once on Dark Animus due to Large Anima Golems not dying fast enough and purple moving voidzone hell everywhere was killing ppl. Noticed that DA himself doesn't even have full power on LFR. Just a massive AOE-fest (they didn't seem to have the reduced aoe-damage buff/debuff on them) in the end.

Deleted
    We've had 26 wipes to Durumu normal in our little casual team... Wiping 5 times in LFR is not "hard" ;-(

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

now primordias, i had no clue what was going on, on my hunter i ended with a total of 20k dps! i had like -100% haste, - 60% crit - 100% mastery, steady show had like a 5sec cast time and i was hitting like a wet paper towel, had no clue wtf was happening.i was told to stand on dead ooze bodies, i did that and it didnt go well, i turned into a dinosaur once aswell, not sure what that was for!
    Don't run over the purple blobs on the floor - will give you the bad stats. Dpsing the small red bloods will give you buffs. If you get all the buffs you turn into a dino and do extra damage! I was also told standing in the red blobs on the floor gives you a buff as well but as a melee I never noticed this.

OP: We had 6 stacks before we eventually downed him due to sheer dps. I found it difficult as melee to find a safe spot for the 'maze' event, the purple haze was difficult for me to see through for some reason. Even when I did find a spot, it was always too late and I was pretty much one-shotted. I also find this part of the fight very unforgiving for those with lag/latency issues (here in Oz with a min of 250ms!!). I'm sure that's why I felt like I was getting one-shotted....
    Last edited by Liliannan; 2013-04-03 at 12:13 PM.

Deleted
    This just reinforces the fact that we need a way to rate people in LFR.

I marked myself and several others so people had someone to follow during eye sores. 6 Wipes later they are saying shit like

"I was stood ontop of you but still died!"
    "Why I don't get heals?" *after being 1hit by the beam*

We still even had people dying to standing in purple sludge

Even though none of the survivors had taken damage, aswell as several other players managing to survive it by following. In the end we had 3 healers, both tanks and 7 dps alive to finish him off with after using 3 resses.

I don't want to be grouped with these people anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liliannan View Post
    OP: We had 6 stacks before we eventually downed him due to sheer dps. I found it difficult as melee to find a safe spot for the 'maze' event, the purple haze was difficult for me to see through for some reason. Even when I did find a spot, it was always too late and I was pretty much one-shotted. I also find this part of the fight very unforgiving for those with lag/latency issues (here in Oz with a min of 250ms!!). I'm sure that's why I felt like I was getting one-shotted....
    Use a defensive cooldown right as the Maze is about to spawn. Everyone should do that really. You mention you are a melee class so you should have access to something that lowers the damage you take. That's all there is to it. Then move to safe spot and wait, even with 250ms this shouldn't be a problem.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Down him at 5 stacks of determination. I died each and every time to eye sores.

One-shot mechanics like eye sores is a bad idea in LFR - or at least it's a bad idea in combination with the one-shot beam; I honestly didn't know what killed me, the beam or the eye sores.

That fact that my FPS nose-dived the moment the sores popped didn't help.

Also I have to say, Blizzard did a terrible job conveying the details of the mechanics (which you need to know to not die!). After that LFR I had to re-watch the Icy Veins video to learn that the beam is harmless for the first 15 secs and that I should stand in front the boss, that's what I gotten from the video anyway, and watch to see where the sores popped and how the boss is going to turn. (That's how you do it right?)

I should not have to watch a video guide to understand how the mechanics work! What is this? The NES era? Where you have to buy Nintendo Power or suffer nigh endless misery trying to beat the game purely via trial and errror?
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2013-04-03 at 12:32 PM.

Did it 3 times last night on different toons best kill was 3 stacks worst was 8.

disintegration phase almost wiped or did wipe the raid every time, and even better was the tank who told everyone to stack on him and ended up on the wrong side of the beam. Great fight, wish our guild was raiding right now.

Two shot it... Disintegration beam killed around 15 people the first time around, maybe 6 or so the second time around.
    1 shot Primordius (the buff on the floor has multiple stacks of buff).
    1 shot Animus (aoe'd all the adds down in the middle, animus went to where it needed to go) 2 massive + 1 large were up at the end, large died and pulled the boss, me + another tank did the usual and it went down easy mode.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    had no luck yesterday..... Boss was bugged out on us.. After killing the adds the boss just didn't engage in the fight. That happened 3 times in a row.
    On the fourth attempt he came down, and everything went somewhat smooth.. Until Eye Sore came up. And that was apparently bugged too.. We had a full wipe, even the people who clearly stood in save zones got one shot.
    I just gave up on that mess yesterday, and went into the first wing, for the VPs. My work schedule is pretty busy right now, and I don't have time to spend hours in LFR. That's the whole reason why I don't raid committed anymore. I have an hour available for LFR almost every day, but that time varies. Sometimes it's in the morning, sometimes at night. So I hope the bugs are ironed out here today lol

Deleted
    8 Stacks, like an hour ago.
    My rage was not pretty but when people doing 60k dps and dies in the maze, standing still with the beams. Why do people even play LFR if they just gonna tunnel / stand AFK and get loot? What are they even gonna do with that loot if they aint gonna play..
    It's pathetic actually, that players can't understand something, when you are writing in /rw and litterly screaming to them what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    7 people died this week in my LFR MSV run to the elegon floor drop.

Some people never learn, you just have to hope in the coming weeks you don't get too many of these geniuses in your LFR groups <.<
    Or maybe, it was the first time they did that fight. You can't expect everyone to have the same experience level as you. I would be willing to bet any money you died to the floor on your first attempt if you didn't research the fight beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    Or maybe, it was the first time they did that fight. You can't expect everyone to have the same experience level as you. I would be willing to bet any money you died to the floor on your first attempt if you didn't research the fight beforehand.
    I did die. I bet the vast majority of the ten thousands of people that tried it did die the first time.

Deleted
    fuck boss in LFR

10+ Year Old Account
    Just did Durumu, seems fairly straight forward, once everyone understands how the beams and maze works, it becomes a walk in the park, wiped 3 times until we finally downed it. Only problem I'm having right now is trying to do the Dark Animus encounter, no one has really done it before in our group so we're having trouble trying to get it down.

We tried the AoE method on Animus, wipes ensued.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-04-03 at 02:19 PM.

What do u expect - most guilds are still stuck on horridon/council in normal so its clear that people have no idea how tactics in lfr can look like and what they are supposed to do - add to this lags cause of latency and 25 man graphics and this one shot mechanics are just clear recipes for disaster in first week such lfr wings are open. Thats all - itsn ot people suck so hard only its people who see this boss and how mechanics for it look like first time. Next week peopel will go and 1-2 shot it for sure

over half the raid was dead on the second try (first was even more) but still managed to kill it, I am quite sure the boss is tuned with "everyone except the tanks a healer or three and few dps are dead" in mind ^^

24 ppl died in the maze today on my first run, gotta love LFR =D
    Never died in that maze, helped to see some youtube clips before doing it.

Ran it with 10 guildies, roughly. Maze starts, 10 people alive.

That's all we needed to kill the boss. But new comers can't deal with Elegon's platform, there's no way they'd be able to do this without knowing what was going on. Over time, people will wise up.

Deleted
    5 wipes.

The maze is miles, miles easier to see if you are running wow in lego mode, or to put it another way with all the GFX up to max it's a solid wall of purple swirly shit that you'd need binoculars to navigate through. So, turn those GFX down.

The usual LFR clusterfuck. I actually admire blizzards refusal to see who their playerbase actually consists of, it's sort of noble in a way.