Thread: LFR Durumu

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    "Work for epics? Can't do it."

At what point do you just log on and get items mailed to you?
    there is a fine line between people wanting free epics and not wanting to spend an hour doing one boss in lfr cus only 7 ppl can live through that one phase. the fight becomes hurry up and wipe enuff so the 7 good people can kill the boss with the rest dead. thats alot of time wasted.

Last week took us 5 stacks before we got him, this week only 2 next week i would hope for 1 or 0 stacks as people learn the fight more this boss will be a cake walk.

The deep, porous 3-d appearance of the eyesore maze is idiotic.

If it was just a ground effect with no particular thickness to it, then it would be fine.

But of course then it wouldn't be "hard," because the initial difficulty in this encounter comes from not being able to see what the fuck is going on, and if you fixed that, then it would suddenly be a really simple encounter.

There are a lot of fun encounters this tier but Blizzard really dropped the ball on this one.

This topic is still going? Oo

Come on.. it's not free loot, it's good that way. Stop complaining. Took my raid 2 stacks to kill it, on 3 level 90's. ITS NOT HARD.

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    This topic is still going? Oo

Come on.. it's not free loot, it's good that way. Stop complaining. Took my raid 2 stacks to kill it, on 3 level 90's. ITS NOT HARD.
    Encounter that relies on visual confusion for difficulty:

Dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Anyone else having trouble with this. There is 1 add of each colour you need to kill, finding blue is good and doesn't insta wipe you and the yellow beam moves by itsself very slowly instead of targeting someone so bad rng on beam spawn/add spawn and it wont be revealed before disintegration phase. Once the desintegration happens 90% of the raid insta dies.

Fun times.

Ended up killing it with 4 stacks of determination because we had a few guildy DPS able to get the boss down to 10% before disintegration. Rank 1 All Classes 180k SV Hunter :S
    I haven't had this much Fun AND frustration on the same boss in my memory... its hilarous watching the disasters, however, it can be frustrating when you get him down to 500k, not 5M, 500k and wipe because you hit enrage timer...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I died to Eyesore. Because, frankly, healers sucked. A druid doing 10k hps? the DK tank #3 in heals? One reason people die even in LFR to Eyesore is because the healers are concentrating on the damn maze and not actually, you know, healing.
    You probably shouldn't expect healers to be healing people through more than a couple ticks of eyesore every now and then, because they have to move too, and they're not all druids.

Meanwhile, speaking of which, druids have lackluster hps if the raid is mostly topped off (which is the case in LFR normally), because druid heals are inefficient if the raid is generally near full health, and druid heals are easy to steal. And the encounter doesn't need a whole lot of healing in general as long as people aren't standing in stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    it´s overtuned
    Yes obviously overtuned when people can kill it with only 10 of the 25 players alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Yes obviously overtuned when people can kill it with only 10 of the 25 players alive.
    With multiple stacks of the buff increasing DPS. If you just zoned in this would not be possible. So yes, overtuned.

Deleted
    From my own personal experiences (total of 12 wipes on two attempts...), I can say it's mainly down to the situational awareness of the people. Yes, the purple shit can make it hard to see the safe zones but when people just stand there and get hit by beam then complain, it's their fault entirely. Once I found where the safe zones were, it was simple to survive the phase. What was not so simple is trying to tell people to follow the marked person to survive and they just don't do it...
    This being said, the eye sore damage could be reduced slightly (not drastically but ever so slightly) and maybe slow the beam down slightly as well.
    So many times that the beam has nearly caught up with us before the maze opened up the next safe zone.
    The fight is tough but not on the grounds of mechanical difficulty; it lies solely with social aspect of LFR when people just completely ignore any and all instruction given to them.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinRa26 View Post
    maybe slow the beam down slightly as well.
    So many times that the beam has nearly caught up with us before the maze opened up the next safe zone.
    That's the point though. You move slowly as each new spot opens up, and the beam is moving just as close and as slow. As long as you move to each new spot, the beam can't kill you.

Is it me, or are the safe spots wider and the beam moving slower this week? It can be hard to tell the difference between knowing what to expect and minor encounter adjustments.

We are recruiting!
    Full Spectrum - Alleria
    www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Skilled Players with Work and Families
    WoW Insider Interview

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    That's the point though. You move slowly as each new spot opens up, and the beam is moving just as close and as slow. As long as you move to each new spot, the beam can't kill you.
    The maze being "poorly defined" isn't helping ...

I have walked into eyes sores just to avoid the beam because I could not figure out where the new area is.

Anyway, while I have figured out the algorithm for surviving the maze, I still feel it's too "unintuitive" with it's presentation. Players don't immediate understand what is happening and what they need to do to survive it - I had to watch the Icy Vein's video guide several times to figure it out, even then I wasn't sure what I had planned to do would work; it did though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem I have had on the last few runs at this boss is an add not spawning before the Maze beam.
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

Deleted
    Killed him immediately after reset and there was no maze

I would say Durumu is proof that Blizzard doesn't design bosses with LFR in mind....

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it last night. Maze was easier to see and while I died the first couple of times due to hesitating and letting the beam catch me I lived until the end the third (kill) attempt. Some thoughts...

1) The maze seems wider which is nice but doesn't address the real issue which was and is that the visual difference between Eyesore and safe areas isn't apparent on some screens. I still don't see why they used a dark cloudy animation/texture for the Eyesore. Make it fel fire green and the distinction will be apparent. Still down to skill, but it won't be hard because of graphics settings (and NO people should not have to mess with their settings in to kill something).

2) Some of my friends who ran it with me froze or went to 2 FPS when they were previously OK. This happened on Primordius and DA for them so I'm wondering if there was a graphics change for Durumu that affected other fights. As is, they were previously able to run the third wing and really can't now. This is Not A Good Thing.

3) I really wish they'd gone with brighter, fel green cloud for the maze and avoided this issue because I think Durumu is a fun fight otherwise and the graphics/visibility issues complicate it and obscure that fact.

Honestly I have to say as a community we deserve this completely.

Look back at ToC, extremely creative and intelligent encounter design and great heroic modes, completely panned by the majority of the community because of the single-room lack of artwork aspect of the raid.

In knee-jerk fashion now we get a raid that's a shitshow of random mechanics with such intricate textures and artwork that you can't even see what's going on.

We complained and asked for this, and they gave it to us, and I hope we have all learned our lesson!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    Honestly I have to say as a community we deserve this completely.

Look back at ToC, extremely creative and intelligent encounter design and great heroic modes, completely panned by the majority of the community because of the single-room lack of artwork aspect of the raid.

In knee-jerk fashion now we get a raid that's a shitshow of random mechanics with such intricate textures and artwork that you can't even see what's going on.

We complained and asked for this, and they gave it to us, and I hope we have all learned our lesson!
    Oh please. ToC was 3 years ago. It's silly to draw a straight line from ToC to ToT and ignore the intervening raids.