Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If I were a boss, I'd make my lair a no-fly-zone and then build a ledge in front of my room that's just slightly taller than characters can jump.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    If I was a boss, I would make sure that my raid instance was so long and tedious that once reaching me, they would have 5 minutes till raid reset. Plus, I would monitor every move they make and if they find loopholes in the system, I would just change the rules and remake the instance, while using the same art over and over again.

Man, I am cruel. >=D

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 08:05 PM ----------

TAAAAAAAAIIIIIILL STOOOOOOOOORRRRM!!!
    =D
    LOLOLOL irl

I'd raise the latency for the players in the raid.

My trash would do it too, but only one by one. So each pull you have someone logging to try and reset their router. God help you if you have a queue for your realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    If i was a WoW Boss id set a cache of gear outside the entrance and watch all the adventurers just take it and leave, and laugh at how my evil plans will come to fruition thanks to the average player being in it only for the purps.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    The Faction Champions fight was a blast because there was no real "tanking". Was hilarious to watch all the members in our HToC group who were the "I'll never PvP because I'm a raider!" types die repeatedly because they had no knowledge of how to use cooldowns that weren't designed to up their damage.
    ohh god yes, that's why i love toc and magisters terrace, especially when people start YELLING at the tank in that 5man

i would press my enrage button at the start, then proceed normally attacking the warrior who flipped me off.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

if i was a boss i wouldnt stay 7 days a week in the same room without moving.

I think the idea is that the bosses are all like "I'm going to get their healer" and tanks are all "You'll have to get through me, first!". It's not that the boss doesn't want to kill the healer, it's the the tank keeps getting in the way.

Hmm... my boss mechanics? Something like this:

Raid enters my room where I'm sitting on my throne. The room is circular with alcoves were statues of the previous kings stand vigilant.

P1 - As the king, I call for guards. It's a two minute trash survival fight against a similar raid comp of DPS, tanks, and heals. After two minutes, guards stop spawning and P2 begins once they're all finished off. The guards are similar to what we saw in Halls of Reflection and the Azure Shrine from End of Time.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    P2 - I leap off my throne and land in the middle of the room knocking back the players. Tanks run in and I engage them. Occasionally, I will turn around and swat on of the DPS knocking them to the edge of room. P3 begins at 60%

My abilities:
    Shockwave
    Battle Shout
    Crush - it's a stun that reduces armor so this is the tank swap
    Swat - Smack a melee DPS (probably one with most threat that isn't queue'd as tank)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    P3 - I cast magic to give life to the statues of the Six Fallen Kings. This becomes a council-esque fight where I'd slump back to my throne to catch my breath. The Kings would have two of the three role buffs -
    Tank buff - his attacks have a chance to proc a shield wall for 5 sec.
    DPS buff - attacks and spells do splash damage.
    Heal buff - attacks have a chance to proc an AoE heal.

Each king would be either DPS/Tank, DPS/Heal, or Tank/Heal. The Tank/Heals would have to be pulled off to the side and tanked separately. You'd burn the DPS/Heal first, followed by the DPS/Tank, and then finally the two Tank/Heals.

This would be also be a burn phase since there is a soft enrage where I would rejoin the battle regardless of whether the kings are dead or not (achievement *hint-hint*).

When the Kings spawn, since they're coming out of the wall, they will spawn piles of rubble that will act like terrain that you can interact with in P4 and P5.

After the Kings go down, there is a brief transition (15 sec) for everyone to rebuff, and heal before I re-engage (if I haven't already).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    P4 - While you were fighting the Kings, I performed a ritual to buff myself. Now, I'm coming back swinging with all my abilities from P2 plus some magic infused abilities.
    New abilities:

Blast Wave - Power strike that knocks the tank back. If the tanks collides with a wall, the tank is stunned. If the tank collides with another player on his way to the wall, the other player gets stunned but not the tank. In a way, a healer or dps might "sacrifice" himself so that the tank doesn't get stunned and can keep on tanking. Rubble also acts like a wall so if the tank hits a piece, he will get stunned.

Valley of Blades - I target several players and thrust my sword into the ground and blades shoot up from where those players stood. Standing on rubble will prevent any damage but will also destroy that piece of rubble. When this is cast, jump onto the rubble to remove it from the room so you don't have to worry about it with Blast Wave.

Sword Fall - I leap into the air and crash down with my blade. Anyone caught under me takes massive damage if not auto death. I create a 360 degree knockback. If I don't hit anyone, I become vulnerable and you can burn me down for double damage. If I land on any rubble, this will also destroy the rubble.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    P5 - At 15% I enrage. I am immune to taunts and deal 200% damage with abilities, I continue casting all of my abilities from P4 but I permanently have the vulnerable debuff. This is a burn phase where I will attack who ever has the most threat. In this instance your best bet is to unload everything since it's a DPS race. This phase has a hard enrage where after two minutes, I cast a new ability:

Tyrant's Divide - I leap into the air and crash down, splitting the ground with my blade and X million to everyone.

Deleted
    if I was a boss, I would be nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    If I was a WoW Boss I'd use Enrage as soon as the tank pulls me and 1 shot everyone.

Oculus wasn't that bad imo.

HoS and CoT....I'd just leave the group as soon as I saw them
    agreed with hos cot wasnt that badd

3rd boss in HoS.... really a pile of trash for 5 mins as a boss is that all you could come up with blizz???????

If I was a boss, I would have 10 random abilities from all abilities ever posessed by WoW raid bosses and all the damage/healing numbers scaled for a max level raid. And every pull I would pick a new set of 10 random abilities.

Just to be annoying.

15+ Year Old Account
    If i was a boss I would punt smallest to largest, the smaller you are the more damage you take.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    A Fem-Worgen Mage/Rogue hybrid boss for the Horde to fight in the Siege of Orgrimmar (assuming there's any faction conflict in that raid).

On engaging, the first thing she does is drops a smoke bomb, incapacitating every member of the raid except one. That player and the boss duel one on one (with appropriate buffs to make the player not be 1-shot) until the smoke bomb effect ends. This repeats several times throughout the fight.

In addition, occasionally performs a mirror image ability, creating four false copies of herself with the same health and debuffs. Only 2 players on 10 man or 5 in 25-man can tell which copy is the 'real' boss, and must communicate with the rest of the raid to coordinate attacks. Attacking a false boss causes punishing-to-lethal damage to the attacking player.

If a player is defeated by the boss in one on one combat, the boss heals 5% and gains a stacking buff for increased damage and reduced attack speed (confidence). Players who defeat the boss in single combat gain Confidence for the rest of the fight.

Also a stacking poison debuff on the tanks to instigate a tank swap. Dispelling the poison causes it to transfer to the dispeller and deal increased damage as a "blind dispeller" check.

As for lore, she and her cronies aren't there to fight the Horde at all, they just want the glory of beating Garrosh to themselves. She vanishes at 5% HP, fleeing and hastily dropping loot in the process.
    Last edited by Viradiance; 2013-04-03 at 01:25 AM.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Yeah it's funny, even Algalon never figured out that if he just targeted the healers the fight would be over in seconds.

"This is futile... the ones at the front with the shields keep repairing their flesh somehow! Hmm, what if I kill the ones at the back throwing light around... WAIT WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY MOTHER!!??"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    If I was a boss, I wouldn't wait around the dungeon for you, I'd come knocking, with all my adds, full of cleaves and an enrage timer of nano-seconds...and my how to cook 25 players cookbook.
    DING DONG! "Who is it?"
    "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "(that's boss for suuuuuuupriiiiiiiiiiiise!)
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    If i were a boss, i'd be in a large room with a pit full of instakill spikes near me.
    As soon as a raid attacks me, i gently pick every one of them one by one and put them into the pit.
    All the while with a smiling face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    If i was a boss i would enrage instantly and yell at players while wiping them.
    /Nicolas Cage mode on
    "FUCK YOU BITCHES !!!! KILLING ME WONT BRING BACK YOUR GODDAMN MONEY !!!'
    " OOOO NOT THE DOTS NOT THE DOTS HUYAAAAGHHH"
    After they kill my add/minion
    "HOW IT GET BURNED HOW IT GET BURNED !?!?! TELL ME !?!?!"

If i was a WoW boss i'd call my other WoW boss friends and raid Orgrimmar/Stormwind to deal with those scum!

Deleted
    If i was a WoW Boss, i would be Pun-Pun with appropriately adapted ruleset.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I was a boss, I wouldn't wait while some little shits eat and get themselves organized, I would bring the fight to them. I'd wait till about half the group is in the room, slam the door shut and kick some arse.

Also I'd fake my death and drop a bunch of shiny purples, only to pop back up while the the raid is distributing the loot.
    Last edited by dryankem; 2013-04-03 at 04:26 PM.

I'd love to see a Vaelastrahz 2.0,. that fight was the absolute pinnacle of teamwork and epic fights.