10+ Year Old Account

Dont understand the new Solar Beam change

Solar Beam is now more responsive when players enter and leave the beam's area-of-effect.

Someone have a clue what it mean? More responsive? Is this another Solar Beam nerf or is it a buff?

I believe it takes a second to register entering the beam (not if it's cast on you) and a second leaving it. As far as I know if there is a beam down and you run into it, you're not immediately silenced, and at the same time if you leave a beam it takes a second before the silence effect is cancelled. So I think this change means that the moment you enter you're silenced and the moment you leave, the effect will end. More responsive.

EDIT: Regarding whether this is a nerf or a buff. I guess that will depend on whether someone is entering or leaving the beam. If they're entering it's a buff if they're leaving it's a nerf. But most importantly it will now be working as intended. So overall probably a buff since it's more reliable. IMO.
    Last edited by Yendig; 2013-04-02 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yendig View Post
    I believe it takes a second to register entering the beam (not if it's cast on you) and a second leaving it. As far as I know if there is a beam down and you run into it, you're not immediately silenced, and at the same time if you leave a beam it takes a second before the silence effect is cancelled. So I think this change means that the moment you enter you're silenced and the moment you leave, the effect will end. More responsive.
    Yup. Was playing my pally healer in BGs earlier and got beamed. I ran out...still silenced. Ran 5 more yards before finally being able to cast again. Presumably, this should no longer happen.

Your a pally, use your broken aura mastery to cast in a solar beam -.- lol...

On a side note, since the glyph is being changed, is the radius of beam being reverted back?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekknique View Post
    Your a pally, use your broken aura mastery to cast in a solar beam -.- lol...

On a side note, since the glyph is being changed, is the radius of beam being reverted back?
    Yeah, the glyph has been replaced with Glyph of Omens.
    New Glyph: Glyph of Omens: While the Druid is not in a Solar or Lunar Eclipse, the following abilities will generate 10 Solar or Lunar Energy: Entangling Roots, Cyclone, Faerie Fire, Solar Beam, Faerie Swarm, Mass Entanglement, Typhoon, Disorienting Roar, Ursol's Vortex, and Mighty Bash.

I somehow don't trust that it'll make a significant change. We've seen the same patch note earlier which did improve it but not enough apparently.