Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Being redirected to Adult Website?

Is anyone else on Mmo Champ, who is using some sort of mobile device, being suddenly redirected to an adult website that is offering you an adult app for download?

This has happened to me for the 3rd time on here, and only while using my iPad. It seems to happen when I'm replying to a quote. I'll hit the reply, then suddenly be sent to another website that is offering this adult app.

Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I think you have malware on your mobile.
    Is that even possible with an iPad?

The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Yes, and it's generally a sure-fire symptom of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

The Patient
    I think you have malware on your mobile.
    sounds like it ... be carefull which pages you enter with your mobile.
    and get some anti virus anti malware like AVG - its free and it works /giggle

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    I will be the first to say anything is possible. But didn't something like this happen on this site last year? I wouldn't blame the Ipad completely when MMO-Champ had security problems in the past. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I dont' want anyone thinking I'm bashing this site. Been a faithful member here too long and it's a community I like.
    "A wise man fears and departs from evil, But a fool rages and is self-confident."

There's 2 commonly-believed-but-wrong things here that this thread shows - That apple items can't get viruses, and that tablets and mobiles are immune. It's not a certainty it's your phone, check it on your home computer to see if it's mmoc but I've noticed no problems at all for ages now.

Nope. To both. Hell I remember back in late TBC when the authenticator came out was it? Or early-mid WOTLK, every mac owner in WoW was saying "I don't need one, I have a mac!" which then when the frontpage news of "Virus found that keylogs and hacks wow accounts from macs" came out, the horde was silenced

Is anyone else on Mmo Champ, who is using some sort of mobile device, being suddenly redirected to an adult website that is offering you an adult app for download?

This has happened to me for the 3rd time on here, and only while using my iPad. It seems to happen when I'm replying to a quote. I'll hit the reply, then suddenly be sent to another website that is offering this adult app.

Weird.
    There's a story on Google News about a Japanese adult app scam happening that's resulting in people paying like $1,000 unintentionally. Watch out!
    Go and tell my baby sister
    Not to do what I have done
    Go and spurn that house down in New Orleans
    They call the Rising Sun

More than likely a malicious ad, as opposed to actual malware on the ipad. If it's not jailbroken, the likelihood of a virus on your ipad is quite small unless it was packaged with an app you bought from the app store that runs in tandem to safari.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    There's 2 commonly-believed-but-wrong things here that this thread proves - That apple items can't get viruses, and that tablets and mobiles are immune. It's not a certainty it's your phone, check it on your home computer to see if it's mmoc but I've noticed no problems at all for ages now.

Nope. To both. Hell I remember back in late TBC when the authenticator came out was it? Or early-mid WOTLK, every mac owner in WoW was saying "I don't need one, I have a mac!" which then when the frontpage news of "Virus found that keylogs and hacks wow accounts from macs" came out, the horde was silenced
    an iPad, or iOS device in general is not the same thing as a Mac PC running OS X.
    "But uh, says on your chart that you're fucked up. You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded!"

On Parole from Retard Rehabilitation since June 6, 2014.

Yes, Apples whole "We don't get virus/infections" campaign was a completely false, the only reason they used to have fewer intrusions (never none) was because the market share wasn't big enough to bother writing them for those platforms. Now that people are buying into the products it is becoming more and more worth it (still isn't in a lot of cases since almost no major companies use Apple and that's where the money is).

Apple products actually have way more security flaws than Microsoft and furthermore most Apple users don't use a secondary Anti-virus program unlike most Microsoft user.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Yes, and it's generally a sure-fire symptom of it.
    Is it? Because I've had the exact thing happen and I rarely download anything nor do I have an Apple device.

I browse this site a lot from my phone but I've only seen that add a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    Yes, Apples whole "We don't get virus/infections" campaign was a completely false, the only reason they used to have fewer intrusions (never none) was because the market share wasn't big enough to bother writing them for those platforms. Now that people are buying into the products it is becoming more and more worth it (still isn't in a lot of cases since almost no major companies use Apple and that's where the money is).

Apple products actually have way more security flaws than Microsoft and furthermore most Apple users don't use a secondary Anti-virus program unlike most Microsoft user.
    I don't remember them ever having a campaign that says "We don't get them". It's a fact that Apple does get fewer virus/infections but they're not immune. Hell Norton anti-virus was originally developed for Macs.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    an iPad, or iOS device in general is not the same thing as a Mac PC running OS X.
    Yeah that only just hit me by the fact that it's even in the name. Still, they aren't immune, it is a possibility and whilst it's rather small it's still present. Was using that as an example of an old mac user ideal which was overturned and now on all apple products the same caution needs to be exercised.

It's an ad that occurs in the mobile browser on the site. I forgot the exact name but I saw it and it forces a redirect right after.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It's an ad that occurs in the mobile browser on the site. I forgot the exact name but I saw it and it forces a redirect right after.
    well then if this is true, people should report it, might be an ad that slipped the radar and managed to get here after all.

well then if this is true, people should report it, might be an ad that slipped the radar and managed to get here after all.
    I tried to take an SS, but it's pretty annoying since ads cycle, =\, nor do I remember the name cause I was at school.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Yeah that only just hit me by the fact that it's even in the name. Still, they aren't immune, it is a possibility and whilst it's rather small it's still present. Was using that as an example of an old mac user ideal which was overturned and now on all apple products the same caution needs to be exercised.
    No they're not immune but they are incredibly compartmentalized. Since iOS doesn't support Java nor Flash, the two biggest sources these days and the only way to get anything on to the device is through the AppStore (unless jailbroken) iOS devices are well insulated from most malware sources. About the only major breakout was due to Adobe Acrobat and a PDF/TrueType font exploit. But that's old news as well.
    "But uh, says on your chart that you're fucked up. You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded!"

On Parole from Retard Rehabilitation since June 6, 2014.

Popped again while trying to read this thread.

Get Avast, best shizzle ever

Can you post or PM me the url that you're redirected to and link to a screenshot?

It could be a bad ad; I'll pass the information along to the ads team.