Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Can we expect Orc Paladins/Priests in the future?

Why and why not?

Orc Priests might have a higher chance of becoming available.
    We know that there are Orc Twilight cultists that are like shadow priests.

But Orc Paladins?
    Does the current lore allow it? (you know, playable orcs being green aka corrupted etc?)

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it usually comes down to Lore, but when it comes to Orcs, they are a bit dark and limited to the type of magic they use. There is no light for their dark hearts. Plus, they are primarily fel based anyone (The Legion). Sunwalkers could be explained. Even human pallies who were taken by the forsaken could be explained (undead paladins), but I just don't see it for the orc storylines.

Deleted
    There are Orc Twilight cultists that are like shadow priests, but they're in the Twilight Hammer, not in the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    There are Orc Twilight cultists that are like shadow priests, but they're in the Twilight Hammer, not in the Horde.
    Well we know we'll be seeing an old god very soon, so we'll also be seeing some twilight cultists. Perhaps, with a new warchief, they decide to turn on the cult, and return to the horde with priest knowledge something like that
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Well we know we'll be seeing an old god very soon, so we'll also be seeing some twilight cultists. Perhaps, with a new warchief, they decide to turn on the cult, and return to the horde with priest knowledge something like that
    Not impossible since even some death knights turned against the Scourge, but i still doubt about it.

And for paladins, they do not worship any kind of light or anything like that, so, they havn't any source of holy power.

(Taurens worship the Sun, Draeneï the Naarus, Blood elves stole the light from the Naarus, humans and dwarves worship "The Light", and they all have a special organization such as knights of the ebon blade for Death knights, thoses are respectively called : the Sunwalkers, the Hand of Argus the Blood Knights, and the Knights of the Silver hand (For both humans and dwarves),

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we may see Orc priest but not paladin, is more likely to see Undead paladin

Deleted
    i dont think paladins would be possible, but i could see orc priests maybe one day. not sure how that would fit into lore though

Since priests tend to be akin to worship of some sort (either the Light or the Old Gods), I don't see a primal society like the orcs being able to tap into that. Their worship of the ancestors and of the elements manifests itself in the form of Shamans.

Deleted
    More choice is good but I honestly don't see how it makes sense in the lore, tauren paladin/priest was already stupid enough I think.

More like dark shamans, if you mean what I'm thinking http://www.wowpedia.org/Dark_shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    (Taurens worship the Sun, Draeneï the Naarus, Blood elves stole the light from the Naarus, humans and dwarves worship "The Light", and they all have a special organization such as knights of the ebon blade for Death knights, thoses are respectively called : the Sunwalkers, the Hand of Argus the Blood Knights, and the Knights of the Silver hand (For both humans and dwarves),
    You know that the part of who they worship is not really a problem, for example the Blood Elves stole the light from the Naarus but the new paladins worship the sun, also the others races could just create their own organization (like how the sunwalkers were created on cataclysm) or just join an organization of their allies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until the Orc Culture gets a massive revamp or stop acting like jerks I don't want Paladins for Orcs. I am not opposed to more choices but Orc Paladins? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Orcs are shamanistic in culture. They won't benefit from the Light.

They'd have to give us blood elf druid first.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Orcs are shamanistic in culture. They won't benefit from the Light.
    I remember reading somewhere that their shamanistic power came from a Naaru. Not sure where.

Having class limitations on any race seems pretty outdated.

Deleted
    After they've made orc mages, anything is possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    After they've made orc mages, anything is possible.
    got to admit, orcs look awesome in most mage tiers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Having class limitations on any race seems pretty outdated.
    It's not outdated.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    and dwarfs got warlocks through the dark hammer .

Anyways I think trolls would get paladins before orcs.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    You know that the part of who they worship is not really a problem, for example the Blood Elves stole the light from the Naarus but the new paladins worship the sun, also the others races could just create their own organization (like how the sunwalkers were created on cataclysm) or just join an organization of their allies.
    Yep but the Taurens were already worshipping the Sun, in fact they simply worship nature so it was easy to explain the case of the sunwalkers, but what about orcs ?
    They do not worship the sun, and even less the nature, i think that they already noticed that there was a giant fireball over the sky. They also do not have any link with any kind of light, it's pretty hard to imaginate that they could find any source of light that is not the sun near Orgrimmar. (They could find this source otherwere but how would it spread ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    and dwarfs got warlocks through the dark hammer .

Anyways I think trolls would get paladins before orcs.
    I guess that you are talking about Dark Irons dwarves ! Yes, they got warlocks through Dark Iron dwarves, who are no longer our ennemies since Moira is their empress.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-04-02 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's not outdated.
    We have troll druids, orc mages, and blood elf warriors. What do you mean it's not outdated? The majority doesn't even pay attention to the lore, much less class lore.