Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Orc paladin... When i see an orc, or imagine one, i don't see light. Paladins are filled with light, orcs just don't in my opinion.

Nor an orc priest! Twilight cult's orc priests are shadow because an orc cannot see the light.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I always thought the lack of gnome hunters was odd.

1. Gnomish engineering--engineers specialized in making arrows and guns. A gnomish engineer could be a gnome but a gnome can't use a good deal of the stuff they craft since they can't be hunters? Not as much of a big deal now that hunters don't need engineers to craft them arrows anymore but I used to think of the lack of gnome hunters as extremely weird, back in the day.

2. Gnomes have been living with dwarves in Ironforge for how long now-dwarves arguably being the iconic hunter race besides night elves--and they never learned the ability to pick up a gun and shoot?

Might be that they just have no interest being technologically-minded and all but I think gnome hunters makes much more sense than gnome warriors or rogues.
    I'm pretty sure it's because of the complete lack of "outdoorsmanship". Gnomes don't have living pets, they don't go frolicking about in nature. Being a Hunter is more than just pointing a gun at someone. Now if they added a "proper" Archer class, then sure, Gnomes should be able to create such a character, and just plow down people with steampowered shotguns and trinkets.

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 08:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by klorx View Post
    Orc paladin... When i see an orc, or imagine one, i don't see light. Paladins are filled with light, orcs just don't in my opinion.

Nor an orc priest! Twilight cult's orc priests are shadow because an orc cannot see the light.
    It's not so much a matter of "seeing the Light", as it is worshipping it. And that they don't, but they easily could. The Light is very flexible, and the Naaru seem quite intent on uniting *every* mortal race under their "banner" to fight the Legion. Also, there are a lot of orc members of the Argent Crusade, they are arguable pretty close to being paladins already.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Good lord, another thread about orcs. Just let everyone be able to be any class.

General population happy > few lore nerds being even more unhappy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Imagine that animation on a tauren model...
    As Superman-BladesEdge showed the tauren already have a stealth animation, too bad it's not as funny as that one

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Good lord, another thread about orcs. Just let everyone be able to be any class.

General population happy > few lore nerds being even more unhappy
    The bashing seems somewhat unnescesarry... That said, you'd be surprised what a few angry people can accomplish. The general population is pretty happy in general, but we still have a vocal minority whining about every little thing *shrug*.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    Why and why not?

Orc Priests might have a higher chance of becoming available.
    We know that there are Orc Twilight cultists that are like shadow priests.

But Orc Paladins?
    Does the current lore allow it? (you know, playable orcs being green aka corrupted etc?)
    I don't think the corrupted argument works. Look at Thrall, he's green and a shaman, seeing that a corrupted shaman is a warlock in orc history, it stands to reason to say that all orcs shaman are no longer corrupted, actually the horde reconnecting to their old shaman way was a big step away from their past misdeed (drinking demon blood). Also Grom hellscream though corrupted (twice), redeemed himself by killing that big demon guy whose face sites somewhere in Orgrimmar.

My point is, it's more about your current actions rather than your past.

Even though there is no paladin history in orcs'lore, Taurens could teach orcs to be paladin and priest, the same way the pandaren taught everyone including UD to be monk.

Oh and by the way, why exactly are making this thread, are you just considering the possibility or do you actually want orcs to be able to be paladin and priest ?
    Last edited by mmoc29a7c2362f; 2013-04-04 at 08:23 PM. Reason: addition

I hope we see Undead Paladins before any other Horde race gets them. That's the one I want so badly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandin View Post
    I hope we see Undead Paladins before any other Horde race gets them. That's the one I want so badly.
    Undead can be priest, so why not paladin. They both use the light, and surely some the undeads used to be paladin when they were human back in the day.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    We have troll druids, orc mages, and blood elf warriors. What do you mean it's not outdated? The majority doesn't even pay attention to the lore, much less class lore.
    Race/Class combo restrictions are a good thing.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyokuchaMidori View Post
    Undead can be priest, so why not paladin. They both use the light, and surely some the undeads used to be paladin when they were human back in the day.
    Lack of a Forsaken Paladin Order, that's why. And I don't know, I don't think Sylvanas would ever allow one, seing how much she hated Arthas, who granted was a Death Knight by the time he killed her, but still.

Granted, they could establish said Paladin Order. Call them Blackguards for all I care.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-04-04 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandin View Post
    Dont corrupt the dead.

Deleted
    The thing is we are getting pretty close to classes becoming available to all races, is this the way blizz wants to go, or should we keep the class restriction ?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    The thing is we are getting pretty close to classes becoming available to all races, is this the way blizz wants to go, or should we keep the class restriction ?
    I wouldn't say pretty close, but honestly, aslong as they come up with a story and reason that makes sense, sure. That's what kinda bothered me in Cataclysm (well part of the things that bothered me at least) was that some of the new race-class combos weren't ever explained, not as much as even a single line of text. Like Gnome Priests, Human Hunters or Dwarf Mages, granted they were all indirectly explained, but not directly, like Gnome Priests being Medics, Dark Irons teaching Bronzebeard Dwarves to be Warlocks and so on and so forth, but it wasn't like Tauren Paladins or Troll Druids who had some proper explanation.

So yeah, provided they can give a proper story; go for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I wouldn't say pretty close, but honestly, aslong as they come up with a story and reason that makes sense, sure. That's what kinda bothered me in Cataclysm (well part of the things that bothered me at least) was that some of the new race-class combos weren't ever explained, not as much as even a single line of text. Like Gnome Priests, Human Hunters or Dwarf Mages, granted they were all indirectly explained, but not directly, like Gnome Priests being Medics, Dark Irons teaching Bronzebeard Dwarves to be Warlocks and so on and so forth, but it wasn't like Tauren Paladins or Troll Druids who had some proper explanation.

So yeah, provided they can give a proper story; go for it.
    I remember at the end of LK, they started the storyline for the new combo, like this tauren in Thunder Bluff (a druid I think), talking about how he was close to something (mostly if i remember well, the sun, tauren paladin, being more like sunwalker os something ?). But it's true they did not do that for most of the new combo.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    I remember at the end of LK, they started the storyline for the new combo, like this tauren in Thunder Bluff (a druid I think), talking about how he was close to something (mostly if i remember well, the sun, tauren paladin, being more like sunwalker os something ?). But it's true they did not do that for most of the new combo.
    Yeah, there was that quest line which involved the tauren couple who went on and became leaders of the Sunwalker and Seers, and we had whats-her-name the troll druid who played a big part of the retaking of the Echo Isles, but most of the class-race combos were either not explained or just "Oh well X taught Y how to do Z", which is of course better than nothing, but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    We got Gnome priests.. i'd say anything is possible after that.
    Certain combos really doesn't make sense though, but it still isn't a major issue for me personally to get more class options for all the races.

Deleted
    You know, I was thinking about this the other day oddly. Priests: Priest is just an overarching term for anyone who draws power from their faith to help others/themselves. While Humans, Belves, Draenei, Dwarves (if they don't draw faith from Titans), (I think Gnomes) draw from the Light, non-Light Forsaken draw from the Forgotten Shadow, Tauren and Nelves draw from Ans'he and Elune respectively (who could be argued to be connected), Trolls draw from the Loa supposedly, and I'm not entirely aware of what Pandaren priests draw from but probably from the idea of the Emperor and the Four Celestials (but in more of a theological way than Monks). There's two important words that all of these have in common: Faith and Canon. Faith is the belief directed at an entity (or the Light, which is often revered indirectly with things like Naaru or the Sunwell) which is considered to be "right" and "just", and is the way the universe should be. Canon is, basically, the backstory of the faith, Elune creating the Night Elves, the Emperor sealing away the evils of Pandaria, the Loa and their various triumphs, etc etc. Priests draw their power, their philosophy and their mindset from their Canon and Faith. Meanwhile, Orcs don't have ANY of that. They have the veneration of the elements and ancestors, but that falls primarily under the mark of Shamanism for many reasons (most especially because they don't believe the Elements or Ancestors are anything "above" their universe, but parts of it that guide). If Orcs are to become Priests, which wouldn't be impossible, it would have to come from some severe shift in beliefs, I doubt to Light or Shadow, Loa is a possibility but stretch. If I were to make Orc Priests (note: -if-, I'd rather not have Orc Priests) I'd have a sect of a brand new religion pop up in Orgrimmar as a response to all the bad things that have happened and have the Orcs so desperate they're willing to believe in this new religion (in a sense, out of desperation creating their own Faith and Canon).

Paladins: No. Priests may be an overarching term for actors of various faiths, but Paladins are specifc in form and deed. Even Tauren Paladins could be argued because at least, if worse comes to worse, they could play the "act of praying to Ans'he for fidelity/humility causes them to do good in the Light's 'eyes' and so wield the Light indirectly" card which they haven't yet, with Orc Paladins I doubt they'd have that sort of backup.

Also, Undead Paladins, three simple reasons. 1) Paladins could not be raised by undead means (all Paladins that became DKs were like arthas and weren't raised). 2) Light burns the Undead (their priests are mostly Shadow priests, and the few Light priests suffer for the sake of the other races they help, Paladins channel the light within them so wouldn't survive unlike Priests who direct the Light). 3) After 2006 Blizzard has vowed to never allow any race that can have spikey hair to become Paladins. Also you must forfeit your /dance to become a Paladin.

Deleted
    I don't really think Orcs would fit as Paladins, maybe Priests but not Paladin. But sure, Blizzard can change, form and create the lore exactly as they want it.

In my opinion, I think the Blood Knight lore with ''Stealing the Light'' is really lame.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    You know, I was thinking about this the other day oddly. Priests: Priest is just an overarching term for anyone who draws power from their faith to help others/themselves. While Humans, Belves, Draenei, Dwarves (if they don't draw faith from Titans), (I think Gnomes) draw from the Light, non-Light Forsaken draw from the Forgotten Shadow, Tauren and Nelves draw from Ans'he and Elune respectively (who could be argued to be connected), Trolls draw from the Loa supposedly, and I'm not entirely aware of what Pandaren priests draw from but probably from the idea of the Emperor and the Four Celestials (but in more of a theological way than Monks). There's two important words that all of these have in common: Faith and Canon. Faith is the belief directed at an entity (or the Light, which is often revered indirectly with things like Naaru or the Sunwell) which is considered to be "right" and "just", and is the way the universe should be. Canon is, basically, the backstory of the faith, Elune creating the Night Elves, the Emperor sealing away the evils of Pandaria, the Loa and their various triumphs, etc etc. Priests draw their power, their philosophy and their mindset from their Canon and Faith. Meanwhile, Orcs don't have ANY of that. They have the veneration of the elements and ancestors, but that falls primarily under the mark of Shamanism for many reasons (most especially because they don't believe the Elements or Ancestors are anything "above" their universe, but parts of it that guide). If Orcs are to become Priests, which wouldn't be impossible, it would have to come from some severe shift in beliefs, I doubt to Light or Shadow, Loa is a possibility but stretch. If I were to make Orc Priests (note: -if-, I'd rather not have Orc Priests) I'd have a sect of a brand new religion pop up in Orgrimmar as a response to all the bad things that have happened and have the Orcs so desperate they're willing to believe in this new religion (in a sense, out of desperation creating their own Faith and Canon).

Paladins: No. Priests may be an overarching term for actors of various faiths, but Paladins are specifc in form and deed. Even Tauren Paladins could be argued because at least, if worse comes to worse, they could play the "act of praying to Ans'he for fidelity/humility causes them to do good in the Light's 'eyes' and so wield the Light indirectly" card which they haven't yet, with Orc Paladins I doubt they'd have that sort of backup.

Also, Undead Paladins, three simple reasons. 1) Paladins could not be raised by undead means (all Paladins that became DKs were like arthas and weren't raised). 2) Light burns the Undead (their priests are mostly Shadow priests, and the few Light priests suffer for the sake of the other races they help, Paladins channel the light within them so wouldn't survive unlike Priests who direct the Light). 3) After 2006 Blizzard has vowed to never allow any race that can have spikey hair to become Paladins. Also you must forfeit your /dance to become a Paladin.
    3 quick things; 1, the Forgotten Shadow is non-canon as it's from the RPG books which are officially non-canon. 2, Dwarves worship the Holy Light as well, and not the Titans, as the Titans have nothing whatsoever to do with the Light.
    Oh, and Paladins can indeed die and be raised as an Undead, this was changed with Wotlk, as the "Death Knights were Paladins who willingly turned evil" bit was from Warcraft 3. - Example would be Alexandros Mograine.