Halls of Flesh Shaping LFR guide

I thought I'd make this since there are a lot of changes from normal and it confused me at first.

Durumu the Forgotten

Changes from normal

During the light spectrum (beam) phase only one crimson, one azure and one amber add spawns. You must kill the three to complete the phase.

Contrary to the normal mechanics, you can reveal an add and it will remain visible after being reveled (so the beam doesn't have to always be on them).

Strategy

Drop the lingering gaze's somewhere in the middle, this allows for both the melee and ranged to have space during the Eye Sore phase.

Watch out for Force of Will it's a little purplish cone on the ground.

Have players (possibly the tanks) alternate taking drain life attacks so the boss doesn't heal for too much.

Bright Light (yellow beam) reveals the amber fog and moves either counterclockwise or clockwise independent of the player who got targeted
    Blue Rays (blue beam) reveals the azure fog and moves with the player who got targeted.
    Infrared Light (red beam) reveals the crimson fog and moves with the player who got targeted.

You have to reveal each of these by running the red/blue beams over to them and having the yellow beam go across it to kill each to finish the phase.

During the eye sore phase before the eye sores start spawning get in front of durumu and wherever the eye sores start spawning first go by them and don't move away. The melee path is in melee and the ranged path is almost always in the back. You can avoid taking damage by either going a little back into the maze into a safe spot or trying to preemptively be in a safe spot. The first works better imo. You then have to run around inside the maze looking for openings so you don't die.

Primordius

Changes from normal

Nothing, pretty easy fight.

Strategy

Primodius has an aura that makes him take 25% less damage (despite the tooltip). Getting the fully mutated buff negates that. Killing adds and soaking red pools gives you the fully mutated buff.

DO NOT KILL THE ADDS BY PRIMORDIUS

The adds can be soloed. When you kill them they drop 3 pools of the same color. Red pools = good, purple pools = bad. Running over the red pools give you mutations (damage buffs).

After you get 5 mutations you will be transformed and be able to do full damage to primordius.

Repeat

Dark Animus

Changes from normal

When killed the Anima released from the golems no longer travels to the nearest golem, it is random. Although it has a pattern, it looks like it prioritizes the smallest ones over the bigger ones when it chooses where to go.

The anima golems (smallest ones) no longer get a damage buff when they are near another one.

Strategy

Dispel matter swap at ~half the duration
    Tanks watch out for anima rings, if you touch one you take 50% increased melee damage for 15 seconds and it stacks.
    Everyone else crimson wake, it's a thing on the ground that follows you.

Since it is hard to have people listen in LFR I feel that it's best to just have all the small adds picked up by the tanks.
    SLOWLY kill them and whenever a large golem spawns, kill it. Keep repeating this process until you've killed everything and two massives are up. You could probably only kill one massive at that point, but if you want to be safe you can kill them both.

There's been reports of people just being able to aoe down everything. If you are in a good group you might as well go for it.

Hotfixes (will update the guide accordingly):

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Durumu the Forgotten
    Eye Sore and Mind Daggers now deal less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Amber Fog, Azure Fog, and Crimson Fog now remain visible after being revealed on Raid Finder difficulty.
    During the Light Spectrum phase, Yellow Eye's cone now moves more quickly on Raid Finder difficulty.
    If I missed anything feel free to post.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-04-05 at 06:55 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

on animus we just literally aoe'd everything that came out and killed the boss lol

That's what I thought would work, but my group couldn't do it. Your mileage may vary I guess.

Thanks for the writeup, Tehstool.

You have the yellow and red beams switched with the corresponding fogs. Other then that good guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockula View Post
    You have the yellow and red beams switched with the corresponding fogs. Other then that good guide.
    Would you be able to go into more detail? I think I got it right. Infrared = red, Bright Light = yellow.

Yellow moves around on its own. Red can be moved by the targeted person.

Thanks for finding that, I must've messed up. My bad.

Its cool just trying to help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks! You should post your writeups for each boss on wowdb on their individual pages! Would probably be pretty helpful.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Bump so people can see.

Deleted
    On the anima rings, first time, I hoped that another raid member would step on one and get me out. It did not happen and the ring converged on me, which was extremely unpleasant. I can't recall the details - it seemed like a very harmful stun and it may well have killed me. I guess I got 50% extra damage from each ball (and there were about 8).

From then on, I just back pedaled out of each ring, stepping on one ball to escape. I presumably got the 50% extra melee damage debuff, but it was not noticeable and I kept repeating this often, so it did not stack. I guess the rings occur more than 15 seconds apart, so debuff falls off. i.e. the stacking debuff is a problem in terms of touching multiple balls rather than dealing with successive rings.

In LFR, I would advise tanks just to step out of anima rings asap and not wait for (or try to coordinate) a "rescue".
    Last edited by mmoced226c0d6b; 2013-04-10 at 11:40 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    On the anima rings, first time, I hoped that another raid member would step on one and get me out. It did not happen and the ring converged on me, which was extremely unpleasant. I can't recall the details - it seemed like a very harmful stun and it may well have killed me. I guess I got 50% extra damage from each ball (and there were about 8).

From then on, I just back pedaled out of each ring, stepping on one ball to escape. I presumably got the 50% extra melee damage debuff, but it was not noticeable and I kept repeating this often, so it did not stack. I guess the rings occur more than 15 seconds apart, so debuff falls off. i.e. the stacking debuff is a problem in terms of touching multiple balls rather than dealing with successive rings.

In LFR, I would advise tanks just to step out of anima rings asap and not wait for (or try to coordinate) a "rescue".
    Or be a Brewmaster and abuse Transcendence =D
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)