Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Oh Come On Blizzard!

Heroic scenarios require a pre-made group to join.
    Heroic scenarios offer bonus objectives that will reward additional valor if completed.
    An option to run a random heroic scenario has been added as a drop-down in the scenario tab in Dungeon Finder.
    Players can complete a normal or heroic scenario for bonus valor each day, but not both.
    What the fuck... Why do they introduce potentially cool ideas (Brawler's Guild, Rated Battlegrounds) and then pull some dick move like this on them?

The only thing I see people pre-make groups for anymore is raids and even that, the number of people who do so is dropping due to LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is this a Dick Move. Can you explain why? This is IMO hardly a dick move.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Because if they don't, you will be here come 5.3 complaining that people signing up to HC:Scenarios are terrible.

Do it as a group; Real ID, Guildies or just people from your own server are more likely to be much better than randoms.

Because it actually takes a measure of skill to complete these? If you have ever done random BGs/dungeons/LFR, you should know why they're doing this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    How is this a Dick Move. Can you explain why? This is IMO hardly a dick move.
    How popular are Challenge Mode Dungeons and Rated Battlegrounds out of curiosity? I play on Illidan and getting a group for either of those on there is hard as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they are the challenge modes of scenarios more or less, and PuGs have a proven track record of sucking at exceptionally hard content. It takes a whole THREE people to run one, it isn't a big deal. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    What the fuck... Why do they introduce potentially cool ideas (Brawler's Guild, Rated Battlegrounds) and then pull some dick move like this on them?

The only thing I see people pre-make groups for anymore is raids and even that, the number of people who do so is dropping due to LFR.
    I'm not surprised. Tried a couple on PTR while they were Random like regular scenarios and it was terrible. The mobs have a lot more health, mechanics need to be avoided and a pug can't handle half that. Most the groups I was in people were sitting in the graveyard awaiting resurrections half the time because of how bad it was.

If they make it available to pugs then people will just sit there and queue for first one and get their 100 VP even if they fail. It would be like running a challenge mode via LFD just to get more VP quicker and not caring to try which a fraction of the people queuing are attempting to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    How popular are Challenge Mode Dungeons and Rated Battlegrounds out of curiosity? I play on Illidan and getting a group for either of those on there is hard as hell.
    Because these stuff isn't easy. You need people you know very well. Pugs aren't known for this stuff.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    The scenario will require people who can throw out heals, CC, use damage reduction CDs and the general stuff that seprates your average PUG person and someone who takes their play more seriously. How many people in LFR do you see employing those traits? How many DPS do you see pop a survival CD when they're on fire and dying horribly?

I would say the majority don't, so making a premade group a requirement for 3 man content, where 100% of the group need to be using their character abilities at full potential, makes sense.

I did one Challenge Mode with my guild, we picked whatever the daily quest was for... Stormstout Brewery. TWO HOURS LATER, we finished, and none of us are incompetent or low-skill players.

If Heroic Scenarios are tuned even 2/3 as hard as Challenge Modes (without the Ilevel Cap), I imagine they will be about as PuG-friendly as 4.0 Heroics were... which is to say they were not friendly at all.

Heroic Scenarios seem to be tailored to people who understand EVERYTHING their class can do, not just "what I need to do to get by and not get kicked"
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch 5.3 PTR: A first look at Heroic Scenarios

Whilst waiting for my battleground queue to pop on the PTR, it seemed like a good time to check out a heroic scenario or two. These are queued for, solo or in a group, from a drop-down in the scenarios section of the Looking For Group panel. What are they like? Well, in general, rather like anything that's listed as heroic in WoW, things hit harder. Quite a lot harder, frankly: in A Brewing Storm my group actually had to pay attention to the red circles cast by the trash mobs, and try to stand in the green circles which offer healing.
    Might want to look a little further next time OP. Research is your friend
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2013-04-02 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Cleaned up Link text

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post

That was also before the latest patch. You use to be able to queue solo. You can no longer queue solo and need a group of three. Research like that only works after things have been out for awhile and confirmed on not changing. This is PTR and things change every day.

Or you could just have friends to play with. Its really not hard to find 2 other people to do it

Deleted
    but i get his point
    no wonder why people dont care much about challenge modes and the likes...it is much more comfortable (and self destructive for a mmo in the long long run) to just manage menus and click queues

10+ Year Old Account
    :S If getting in an RBG is difficult on Illidan you either A ) Have a reputation for sucking, B ) Are playing a class or spec that is terrible for RBGs, or C ) Don't have a CR high enough to get into one. I found someone on the forums a while back looking for ~1500 CR people but because my monk was geared he gave me a shot (I had 0 CR). Worked great for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post

hahaha youre a fucking idiot that needs to do some research yourself that quote is very out of date

p.s. kill yourself.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-04-02 at 10:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    but i get his point
    no wonder why people dont care much about challenge modes and the likes...it is much more comfortable (and self destructive for a mmo in the long long run) to just manage menus and click queues
    Because Challenge Modes are HARD. They are supposed to be more hard. Your post isn't really that constructive other then say something is self destructive in MMO's.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there isn't a reason to get worked up over it, there is truth to this.

In the past, such as back in vanilla, TBC and early wrath, back then as players we could never see dungeons without forming a group first. Now of course that changed with the LFG tool, which moved onto the LFR tool.

With wow as it is today, the dynamic of the playerbase has been changed based on decisions made since then, and people want to be able to run dungeons and raids freely, infact blizzard back in cata equated how many people were running dragonsoul, using both regular raiding statistics, and that of people using LFR.

So, now come mists they seem to be running this idea of trying to bring back the whole purpose of making a group to do things again. I just think if they went to the effort of making certain things so openly accessable to people, it kind of defeats the purpose of it if they have to go back to old pre wrath rules of play.

Then again, it was probably just done to appease the hardcore crowd and little else.

Deleted
    It's really about the only thing they can do for remotely challenging content and it's two people other than yourself that you need to find. Don't see the big issue myself. I think, in this instance, we should appreciate that they are filling in a void for challenging content which doesn't need a fairly large group size and aren't zerg runs (excepting the two timed runs and dependent on how challenging they actually are).

10+ Year Old Account
    hahaha youre a fucking idiot that needs to do some research yourself that quote is very out of date

p.s. kill yourself.
    Wow really was that even neccessary?

Warrior-Magi