Thread: Shuriken Toss

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Shuriken Toss

Shuriken Toss damage is redicilous. Crits for 20k, and a rogue can just kite you.
    As a mage, in a bad situation, if you pop (example) Ring of Frost, the rogue doesn't have to run in at all. He can stay outside and throw as many Shuriken as he wants, and crit 20k every time.

THIS NEEDS A NERF!

Don't cry like a bitch, when you feel the pain!

Quote Originally Posted by patrick934 View Post
    and crit 20k every time.
    With 100% crit chance yeah,but seriously i find it useful enough to kill afk ppl from distance or to avoid being kited,now if u are getting kited from a rogue as a frost mage then you got other issues to work on before shuriken toss gets nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfader View Post
    With 100% crit chance yeah,but seriously i find it useful enough to kill afk ppl from distance or to avoid being kited,now if u are getting kited from a rogue as a frost mage then you got other issues to work on before shuriken toss gets nerfed.
    imo the damage is fine.. if a bit high.

the talent isn't really that crazy, even with DT...just an annoyance in any organized game.

a mage complains about a 20k crit ST , not sure if serious but the talent as a lvl 90 skill to pickup is just fine , a bit over the top with the DT due to easy cps generation but still a mage complains about 20k crits ST , u can do better than that mate

If mages really are Blizzard's "favorite" class like so many people claim then Shuriken Toss (and Deadly Throw) will be nerfed into the ground. If not then it won't...

... Just kidding

... or am I?

Man doesn't it suck when a class can kite you while spamming instants? ROFL.

If you can't out-dps a Rogue using ST I pity you. He can't use Rupture or Shad dance or any stuns, so there goes his sustained AND burst AND control.

The only thing that's OP is DT's interrupt really.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-04-03 at 01:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear PVP forum,

Before you make a complaint thread, genuinely ask yourself the following question. "Maybe I'm just bad?" Consider this and act upon it before creating a thread. Thank you.

mod edit: please post constructive. If you have nothing useful to say, say nothing.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-03 at 08:20 AM.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deadly Throw doesn't just interrupt the target, it also slows the target by 50% for 6 seconds and for some classes/specs that is overkill... Just saying.

Also it is funny how a rogue can disarm or silence a ranged class and burst them down with ST/DT and yet if they themselves get disarmed it does not stop them from spamming ST/DT... yes that is right... disarms do not stop Shuriken Toss or Deadly Throw.

When i see a rogue spamming ST il just say: you cant down me ranged you cunt,youre a fucking melee class,dead rogue.

user received infraction for flame bait / trolling.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-03 at 08:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shuriken Toss is very powerful. The only way I would find it balanced is if they gave it a 2-3 second cool down in between each throw. That would make it rack up combat points much slower which is the real reason its being abused. Nobody is using Shuriken Toss to kill. Its basically just a free way for a Rogue to get Combat Points without facing a melee target up close. I guess this ability is Blizzards way of compensating Rogues for losing their healing from Recuperate.

Nerf Shuriken Toss and buff Recuperate to heal for 4.5% health per 3 seconds.

Shuriken Toss damage is redicilous. Crits for 20k, and a rogue can just kite you.
    As a mage, in a bad situation, if you pop (example) Ring of Frost, the rogue doesn't have to run in at all. He can stay outside and throw as many Shuriken as he wants, and crit 20k every time.

THIS NEEDS A NERF!
    I find your nerf scream hard to take serious with that signature...

Deleted
    I never understood why a rogue needed a range attack THIS big. But well that is just me, i don't have a hard time facing them on my hunter but on my shaman i am death meat. But i am currently rerolling my alt shaman to a lock and see where it goes from there. Beeing killed 24/7 isn't fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    I never understood why a rogue needed a range attack THIS big. But well that is just me, i don't have a hard time facing them on my hunter but on my shaman i am death meat. But i am currently rerolling my alt shaman to a lock and see where it goes from there. Beeing killed 24/7 isn't fun.
    Cause rogue ended up being the easiest kitable melee class and still is. Rogue gap closer for example is on a 24 second cool down AND has to be taken as an talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Cause rogue ended up being the easiest kitable melee class and still is. Rogue gap closer for example is on a 24 second cool down AND has to be taken as an talent.
    i don't really care about Stoss cause it's not that bad imo.. but i hope that ^ was a joke, jackie.

You were the mage I killed yesterday?

No, seriously, I'm not even joking. Some mage just put RoF on me but I was inside used Smoke Bomb and just spammed Shuriken Toss(I was with a mage also...).

Deleted
    Its good for those situations where it's really needed but no sane rogue would use it as a main attack. That's just not a very good strategy. I find a good use for it maybe ones or twice a bg.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Because enhance shaman can teleport to your target every 23 or less
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

In my opinion -and I play a mage and a feral- shuriken toss isn't OP. It's annoying, puts some pressure on you but I think it's not overkill. Deadly throw on the other hand is simply broken. Getting combos with ST and interrupting from 30 yards away without a cooldown is not just overpowered, it's simply broken, it's retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaraza View Post
    If mages really are Blizzard's "favorite" class like so many people claim then Shuriken Toss (and Deadly Throw) will be nerfed into the ground. If not then it won't...

... Just kidding

... or am I?
    Shurikan Toss is like Ice Lance, except it crits for 20k instead of 75k. Yep Mages still Blizzards favorite.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

THIS NEEDS A NERF!
    A mage complaining about being kited by a rogue? Welcome to the life of a melee, my how the tables have turned. I honestly didn't think it was possible for a ranged class to be kited... I think Shuriken Toss is just fine even when its happening to me, it was a much needed ability to prevent rogues from being... kited! Even if you pop ring of frost they can cloak it so either way your ring of frost is going to be useless on a rogue.

Bitter Sweet!