I am a fury pvp warrior.
    IT IS FINE.
    I wish i had something like that
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    I am a fury pvp warrior.
    IT IS FINE.
    I wish i had something like that
    A: You're playing a sub-par spec for pvp, and it seems like that's making you bitter
    B: Just because you want it does not make it fine
    C: Rogues have never been able to put out a lot of damage at range, for a reason. This changes that and makes them very difficult to escape. See, what happens is that a rogue pops cds on you, and hits you big in his opener, getting you to 30-40%, you run away, thinking to get out of range, but look, they spam ST at you and you die.
    D: I know that pvp isn't a 1v1 or 2v2 game, but this ability has completely changed rogues from what they have historically been, and not for the better, particularly when combined with their ranged silence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen rogue v hunter duels where the rogue won. True story.

Shurikon Toss energy cost should be increased to 30. Currently a rogue is able to shurikon toss >10< times before he can't throw any longer. If the cost is increased to 30, a rogue will only be able to shurikon toss 5 times in a row.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda ridiculous that a Rogue can still put pressure through non-melee. Then again, they removed the 1 good counter you could do to a hunter and that was stand on top of him. Now hunters are melee that can range...
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity..and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Albert Einstein

----------------CLICK SIGNATURE FOR ARMORY----------------

Deleted
    People are so stupid sometimes. All you have to do is LOS it is as easy as that. Shuriken Toss and Deadly throw while great utility are not the bread and butter of the rogue class you have far worse to worry about than those skills.

I can see it coming.

1. Shuriken and/or DT are getting nerfed
    2. MfD becomes new cookie cutter
    3. Mages still complain
    4. MfD gets nerfed
    5. ????
    6. Welcome back to World of Magecraft.

Seriously , playing a melee in pvp is so much harder. Still every ranged class complains everyday.
    I mainly play melees , but rolled a mage and an elemental shaman out of boredom for pvp.
    I really don't know how bad people have to be , but in my whole world of warcraft pvp experience , nothing is easier than playing a ranged class.
    Ranged damage in pvp is way too high for its mostly secure execution of combos.

Look at those hunters , imho not a single hunter should complain about ANYTHING , because they got like everything other classes had in unique PLUS the ability to be EQUALLY effective in melee as well as in ranged PLUS they got no interruptable spells , like casters do.

But casters nowadays have shitloads of ways to ignore interruption/burst etc. or can simply oneshot you , when caught without insignia and buffed up to the max. And please don't say it is once when stars alligns. That simply isnt true anymore with those short cooldowns and ICDs nowadays.
    And just because they are too bad to adjust their playstyles or thinking about ways how to setup these specific combos, they start screaming on the forums.

And guess what? Blizzard follows. Because they are paying customers.

Nevertheless , ST+DT need slight adjustments. Ranged autoattack dmg should be reduced to 50% and DT either needs a cooldown or DRs on the silence/interrupt.
    But saying it's overpowered because of its damage just proves how much one is lacking in pvp/general game experience.
    On the other hand , looking at arenas , ST/DT is so damn easy to counter , because EVERY arena has LoS objects and watching high rated players streams shows me , that the good players already learned how to avoid/negate ST+DT ( like it was hard in the first way ... ) forcing alot of high rated rogues switch to MfD ( which has alot more potential against skilled players ).

In the end , wow pvp is still taken way too serious. It is neither balanced , nor it is viable for competitive play , so why care so much about it?
    Blizzard doesn't balance pvp , they are always making classes fotm on purpose to bring back players or raise a certain class population ( and this was stated by blizzard itself ).

As a mage, If you can't DPS a Rogue down against ST you're doing something wrong.

You can't just throw down a ring of Frost and then do a celebratory dance because you think they've won. I honestly think too many casters (mages especially) have got SO used to Rogues having little to stop being kited that now they have to actually up their game and not get a free kill, they're finding it harder.

DT is a little powerful though.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2013-04-05 at 12:27 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I don't know if you guys saw Reckful on his rogue last week - he decided to play 3v3 Arena with a mage without melee-ing at all - he ONLY spammed Stoss and DT - it was hilarious

The not so funny part is that they won all games but like 2 (they played like 10-15 games where Reck was playing a ranged rogue) and Reck usually did about 70-80% of the mage's damage without meleeing a single time - and you know how much damage mages do, right.

Although Stoss and DT need some tweaking I couldn't help myself but smile at the OP's post - a mage complaining that the rogue was kiting him and out-damaging him. Now that I saw Reckful's pure-ranged-rogue play I kind of think that it's not that far fetched for a rogue to kill a mage with ranged attacks

10+ Year Old Account
    everyone saying "but your a mage", well, mages are supposed to be able to do damage from range. Rogues are not and never should be able to.

You say mage is bad for not kiting the rogue. I say the rogue is bad for getting kited and needing shuriken toss.

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 09:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    what happens is that a rogue pops cds on you, and hits you big in his opener, getting you to 30-40%, you run away, thinking to get out of range, but look, they spam ST at you and you die.
    Exactly. There is no more escaping after the initial barrage.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Hegemonia View Post
    I don't know if you guys saw Reckful on his rogue last week - he decided to play 3v3 Arena with a mage without melee-ing at all - he ONLY spammed Stoss and DT - it was hilarious

The not so funny part is that they won all games but like 2 (they played like 10-15 games where Reck was playing a ranged rogue) and Reck usually did about 70-80% of the mage's damage without meleeing a single time - and you know how much damage mages do, right.

Although Stoss and DT need some tweaking I couldn't help myself but smile at the OP's post - a mage complaining that the rogue was kiting him and out-damaging him. Now that I saw Reckful's pure-ranged-rogue play I kind of think that it's not that far fetched for a rogue to kill a mage with ranged attacks
    You can't compare Reckful to someone who opens "nerf X" threads on a forum.
    Reckful would still own the shit with MH dagger only and poisonless. No comparison by any chance.

Deleted
    I think the main point that alot of the people hating on Ice Lance are forgetting is quite simple. Mages are a Ranged Class where as Rogues are a Melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    everyone saying "but your a mage", well, mages are supposed to be able to do damage from range. Rogues are not and never should be able to.

You say mage is bad for not kiting the rogue. I say the rogue is bad for getting kited and needing shuriken toss.
    Oh good, I've been waiting for someone to actually come out and say this directly instead of just hinting at it. Your point is completely irrelevant. It doesn't matter how much damage a rogue was able to do from range in the past; they are now obviously intentionally designed to be able to. The game changes. Get used to it. Mages only recently got a permanent elemental, so I guess we should revert that change. A couple years before that, they didn't have one at all. Why is nobody crying that mages changed? Or every other class for that matter?

A mage that can't kite a rogue is beyond bad. Rogues are far easier to kite than any other melee in the game (enhancement may be a contender here, but I think rogues win). A competent mage should be able to peel a rogue for half the game even when he's got a healer dispelling him (rogues relied very heavily on spammed dispels, so the cooldown introduced in MoP hurt them a lot). In a 1v1 situation, you've got to be joking to make that comment.

I agree that shuriken toss is a stupid ability and an inelegant fix to a rogue being unable to connect, but it isn't completely unnecessary. It probably does slightly too much damage when it has so much utility in amazing CP generation (and is too easy to use for that matter), but its damage isn't actually as obscene as people are saying. I've tested it, and I can do about 15% more sustained damage in melee range. With cooldowns, I can burst for 150% more dps than ST&DT can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Deloir View Post
    I think the main point that alot of the people hating on Ice Lance are forgetting is quite simple. Mages are a Ranged Class where as Rogues are a Melee.
    The game changes. I could also argue that mages are supposed to be a caster, despite that they rarely cast now.
    Last edited by asb; 2013-04-05 at 02:58 PM.

Deleted
    you do realize as soon as they nerf shuriken toss all rogues will run around with marked for death double eviscerating you for 100k - 150k each.