The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up 1.0.8 developer diary (D3)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9382...ments-4-2-2013

I found some exceptional changes in here! ID all. Alert on combat. Increased bonuses for playing multiplayer. NOW we're talking Blizz! Good job.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    The XP bonus is nice, but the MF/GF bonus is ridiculously low. 10% is nothing when you're playing in a game with 100 or more guaranteed from NV stacks and MP levels.

I like the combat alerts, but treasure goblin might as well not be a bother. If you're away from your teammate and a goblin gets hit, you're not going to get there in time to help. What they need to do is make goblins more apparent, and find some way to allow you to attack them only when you're ready to.

Private chat: As annoying as it may have been to some people, I liked the option in the original battle.net to send a whisper to all of your friends. I guess this solves that a little bit.

They say this is just a small amount of the changes for 1.0.8, but so far I am not impressed. I'm looking for more actual gameplay changes.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice if people wanna play together it still doesn't fix the lack of end game with act 3 still being the king of farm on top of that MF isn't exactly f'ing amazing as it sounds people RNG will tear through your skull pretty badly aka me. It's good if I wanna mess around with friends all though pretty sure 99% of the time are gone haha so there goes that idea.

They really need to reroute the system entirely but that likely won't come out til the expansion which I hope they've learned from there retarded mistakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine it would actually be good enough for the goblin. Say you're in the city... go tag their banner and boom, you're there! If you're a bit far behind, tele to city, then hit banner, and you should be fine. Unless you're 100k+ dps people screwing around for shits and giggles on MP1, I don't think it should be too much of an issue.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow....

Not too shabby to be honest. And as I've said the big ID changes definitely have had my interests peaked.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 05:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    It's nice if people wanna play together it still doesn't fix the lack of end game with act 3 still being the king of farm on top of that MF isn't exactly f'ing amazing as it sounds people RNG will tear through your skull pretty badly aka me.
    Well thats part of the big ID changes and I agree there should be more "ideal" places to farm, but farming is and always will be Diablo endgame.

None of these changes address the core problems of D3 and as such this hasn't brought me back, while i'm all for quality of life changes they should really prioritize things better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    None of these changes address the core problems of D3 and as such this hasn't brought me back, while i'm all for quality of life changes they should really prioritize things better.
    I'm sure they are working on bugs too, I mean, hey, that's Blizzard for ya, right? :P

But honestly, I have a feeling these developer diaries are mainly focused on just additions/QoL aspects, not the bugs. Let's wait to see the actual patch notes! ^_^
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    They already said they don't address most bug fixes. It pisses me off. They don't address they exist, they don't address that they fix them. I remember WoW patch notes people gathering undocumented changes that ended up being a lot of bug fixes, but I don't know if the same exists for Diablo 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that was a nice bonus. If it was anywhere on the internet, I'd say the Diablo 3 Wiki would likely have it.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9382...ments-4-2-2013

I found some exceptional changes in here! ID all. Alert on combat. Increased bonuses for playing multiplayer. NOW we're talking Blizz! Good job.
    Uhm.
    It takes them 6 month to implement really primitive features.

How to attract more people to multiplayer? It should be better class synergy and more fun gameplay probably? Nah, why bother? Just give them more xp.
    Reimplementation of features from d2 gives me nothing but irritation. Why the hell did they make us suffer identifying items one by one for 11 month?

While one of the most desired and convenient feature - using AH from inside the game is still not implemented. Every time you want to compare an item you have to link it to public chat, create a new game, click the link, compare, log off the game, fill the AH search with stats you want again, link to chat... arrrgh...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post

While one of the most desired and convenient feature - using AH from inside the game is still not implemented. Every time you want to compare an item you have to link it to public chat, create a new game, click the link, compare, log off the game, fill the AH search with stats you want again, link to chat... arrrgh...
    This is the very first time i hear about this, you are the very first i see saying this and i keep myself updated with three D3 forums

Very underwhelming imo.

For me and my friends, we find the features pointless other than ID all.

0 new legendaries, 0 new content to look forward too zzz.

I still dont get why they havnt introduced new legendaries to bring back economy and an incentive to hunt items. Perhaps legendaries that require paragon levels to use instead of just max level.

They need to make a map system like Path of exile, randomized maps so much more fun than farming act 1-3 over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Papapwn View Post
    Very underwhelming imo.

I still dont get why they havnt introduced new legendaries to bring back economy and an incentive to hunt items. Perhaps legendaries that require paragon levels to use instead of just max level.

They need to make a map system like Path of exile, randomized maps so much more fun than farming act 1-3 over and over.
    Agreed on every point. The game seems just dull as it is.

It's just a random patch. Not a content patch. Not every patch should be a content patch. And you don't have to add new legendary every 3 days because "gold donators designed them".

What the hell are you talking about? Farming ONE single tiny location is as boring and stupid as farming act3 in d3. Well, at least in d3 you can farm the whole act3, in poe you have to farm this particular location because all others are either too lowlevel for you or monsters there are harder/slower to kill for your class.

All the poe endgame gameplay is clearing the same tiny location over and over and over again, 5minutes per run. With rare occasions when you was lucky to find a map. And its not like maps are something exciting.

"Randomized maps"? Are you high? Farm your location for 2 hours and you'll see that this "random" is a fake. Create a damn screenshot for every map. Take 20 screenshots of the same map and you'll see how "random" locations are. The only difference in maps generation between poe and d3 is that maps in poe are "rotating". Which was not implemented in d3 for pretty obvious reason - LORE. Some people don't care that they come to the map from south and find themselves teleported to the north side of the map, but people with common sense prefer to see proper linked location.
    And there are semi-random maps in d3, like Arreat Crater Level 2. And it is god damn annoying to run them...

Come back here in 10 month and tell us about maps and legendaries in PoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Papapwn View Post
    Very underwhelming imo.

I think they are adding new legendary items along with buffing current ones. Interesting suggestion for paragon level requirements though.

There is also a difference between content and features. A few features have been added because of how lackluster the game has been. Diablo is not a series that h as content patches like WoW. The expansion is where new features/content is added. Again this has been an exception because of the poor launch and urgent need to keep the player base interested.

And yeah randomized maps is probably something they will address after this, if they can. If not then I hope the first expansion has randomized maps.

honestly i think if they buffed paragon lvl brackets to give more mf every milestone people would be more encouraged to grind. either that or rework the legendary/set item/ gem dropping situation. my example.. lvl 10 para would give 50% mf/gf permanently added... as a 1:5 ratio... this would continue till hitting say.. lvl 90 where it becomes.. much higher.. instead 90 could give 650% and lvl 100.. 800% as a reward for reaching the top.. im sure people would feel unbalanced by such a drastic change... but then again.. 1000 gold x 8 is only 8000g..

also allow gems higher grade than flawless square to actually drop off monsters/chests.. none of this flawless square crafting bullshit we are all sick of.. but have a chance for say a perfect star radiant topaz to drop somewhere in the world.

and finally, sometimes companies by that i mean games host 2x exp weekends.. this would mean 2x exp for paragon lvlers too.. which may give an incentive for retired lvl 60 players to come back for a while and try lvling up. who knows
    Last edited by announced; 2013-04-14 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    This is the very first time i hear about this, you are the very first i see saying this and i keep myself updated with three D3 forums
    Then you don't look very hard. It's very annoying that you can't do proper comparisons while in the AH. So are either forced to spam general chat or a friend with whispers, then log into a game, and view each item to see how they actually compare to your current gear.

This could be solved by a read-only AH api that could then be used to compare against your armory gear, but they've already said no to that. Or they could fix it and actually make it able to compare to the gear of the currently selected character.

--

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to the XP bonus while playing with friends and the Archon duration increase with assists, rather than relying on kills.

Every update is a step in the right direction, but it still doesn't hold my interest for very long.... selling on the AH was fun for a bit, but now the community is dead