Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    He does have a point though, she did make some stupid decisions before hand
    I think that falls into "no shit, Sherlock" territory, and belaboring a blindingly obvious fact lends credence to accusations of either victim blaming and/or misogyny (or both).
    time is money - money is power - power corrupts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    Yea but you can see why I made the assumption. Media world wide rarely mentions the race of the attacking person or persons. Media misguided attempt at being Political Correct.

lol love your icon Istaril.
    Nobody can see why you made that assumption unless you're a racist person... oh wait you probably are (see I can make assumptions too).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychus View Post
    I think that falls into "no shit, Sherlock" territory, and belaboring a blindingly obvious fact lends credence to accusations of either victim blaming and/or misogyny (or both).
    Judging from Omen's posts in this thread, it's not that obvious for everybody.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is how we deal with that shit down here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1610465.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Deleted
    From reading the article is sounds like the girl went up to the top deck to talk to the guys of her own free will, so I'm going to hold judgement till more details emerge.

Sadly I've seen to many stories of women crying rape when it wasn't to outright believe any story.

I wonder if she has gone up their and things have progressed faster than she expected, or if the second guy got involved without her consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    2 strange men on a bus upstairs, with noone else upstairs on the bus and she goes up those stairs...why? She was with a friend and she even went alone. At 10 PM. It seems hugely irresponsible for her to do this. The rapists should definitely be made an example of due to the nature of the crime, but the girl in question was pretty stupid to do what she did.
    Welp, didn't take long before the victim blaming came out.

Every other crime: "that's terrible, I hope they catch those criminals".
    A girl gets raped: "ya ya its terrible but SHE was HUGELY IRRESPONSIBLE to let those men rape her!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rodna View Post

A girl gets raped: "ya ya its terrible but SHE was HUGELY IRRESPONSIBLE to let those men rape her!"
    i saw a guy like you, fucking hated reality, he kept his eyes shut, fingers in his ears and went "blahblahblahblahblah" all the time so reality didn't bother him. might be worth a shot

chick was stupid enough to be lured up there. she was a victim, but a stupid, easy victim. how do you NOT become a victim? you don't do stupid shit and you hope for the best

if a guy sticks a fork in an electrical outlet to test to see if it's hot, everyone calls him dumb. you can call a chick who was raped an idiot without saying she deserved it or that she wasn't a victim

in this case, the dumbass was raped. it's not ok to go everywhere with just anyone, my 7 year old knows this shit already

10+ Year Old Account

Didn't take long for all those people who don't even care about educating potential future victims of rape on how to avoid situations in which rape is likely, to come out. Do you even care about those who may be raped in the future? Fighting against the spread of common sense will only help allow further victimization in the future of those who you fight to prevent being educated and exposed to common sense.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    This is how we deal with that shit down here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1610465.html
    that story is awesome, good for him. here is another pretty great one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi3Hyxuf5AE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Public Transport seems to be a bad place to be a young woman these days. I think modern society is pushing out the fight instinct in people, so they sit meekly and let this shit happen, instead of intervening.

Seen a few other similar stories.
    Like this one: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/02/wo...-van.html?_r=0
    Pretty much and those who still have it get either kicked outta society, forced to suicide or locked up in prison....Instinct is bad it seems mmkay....

Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    Calling someone stupid/irresponsible =/= educating them. It's victim blaming at its finest, suck it up. They're just as bad as the rapists themselves. It's a disgusting mentality that should be abolished, had it been up to me such statements should result in a few years imprisonment.
    so was it intelligent for a 14 year old girl to leave the company of her friend at 10pm and go to a secluded place with older guys she didn't know?

my opinion is that it was idiotic and is the main reason she was in a position to be raped

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Didn't take long for all those people who don't even care about educating potential future victims of rape on how to avoid situations in which rape is likely, to come out. Do you even care about those who may be raped in the future? Fighting against the spread of common sense will only help allow further victimization in the future of those who you fight to prevent being educated and exposed to common sense.
    But where does it end? Do we start critisizing women who tryst their male friends but one of them ends up raping her an idiot fro trusting a friend? Do we antagonize a woman who drinks with her family but then is violated by a stepbrother or father? What about date rape? A woman can only be so cautions without ending up a paranoid freak, which men here on the forum also critisize for due to "generalizations"

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    But where does it end? Do we start critisizing women who tryst their male friends but one of them ends up raping her an idiot fro trusting a friend? Do we antagonize a woman who drinks with her family but then is violated by a stepbrother or father? What about date rape? A woman can only be so cautions without ending up a paranoid freak, which men here on the forum also critisize for due to "generalizations"
    nah, do like we do now, call idiots idiots, call rape rape

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    inb4 Glasgow is evil and should be purged

Also shitty parents ftw, letting their 14 yr old take a night bus in a city... what even.

Edit: Ill give it a week before those 2 are in jail.
    I see younger girls on buses, 8-13 too. There is something seriously wrong with society..

^ This. Stop blaming the victim. It is the person who raped, not the person who got raped.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    The girl did alot of silly things in a world we know isnt ideal. She shouldnt have to be afraid of the night bus but its a fact of life that its probably not the safest place in world
    Nor is it particularly unsafe.

Most of the blame as with all things, can be placed on her idiot parents.
    That's a new one. Instead of blaming the rape victim herself, we blame the parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    I'm not blaming the victim, just questioning her actions.
    That IS blaming the victim, because you're saying the victim's actions led to her being raped.

It seems a bit pointless to simply ignore the huge risk she put herself in if you intend to actually do something about stopping these acts from happening. If she never put herself in such huge risk then she likely would not have been raped
    You keep saying this yet it's really quite ridiculous. What "huge risk"? How often, exactly, do people get raped in a bus?

This girl was far more likely to have been raped by a friend at home than this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    nah, do like we do now, call idiots idiots, call rape rape
    Calling people idiots isn't exactly civil but someone has to fill that role I suppose. While it was very risky of her. The girl didn't deserve rape.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Can we just ignore those people who constantly blame the victim in every rape thread? I don't want to see that ugly argument again.

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Oh for Christs sake. Rape is terrible, but individual cases should not be news stories. There is a sexual assault in america roughly every 120 seconds (including men and women being assualted). Its awful, its bad, but writing an article about one case and having it circulate on reddit/mmo champ isn't going to solve anything.
    Doesn't that mean we're chronically UNDER-reporting it, not over?

What is with this logic anyway? News should only report events that are unique?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Didn't take long for all those people who don't even care about educating potential future victims of rape on how to avoid situations in which rape is likely, to come out.
    You mean people like DEATHETERNAL and fizzbob, who makes up crap about "situations in which rape is likely" in order to blame the rape victim for being raped?

A girl is far more likely to be raped by a friend or family member in a private place, than somewhere public like a bus. Not only are you blaming the victim for being raped, you are using her victimhood as an excuse to frighten future victims away from a situation of relative safety. Not only are you aiding and abetting in the victimisation of a rape victim, you are vocally advocating to future victims in harm's way. You're enabling rape.

Being raped on a bus is shocking and terrible and that's why it's news. It's not by any means the typical situation in which rape occurs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will assert that Parents do have a fault in this. I won't blame anyone for not trying to get involved cause stuff happens.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi