Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Alone with them on a bus. Alone with her friend who interrupted it and the bus driver. The rapists were willing to take a risk of people just feet away.
    The bus driver had no way of seeing or knowing what was going on on the top floor. Can't really include him. She should have stayed on the bottom level where all of the other passengers were at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I agree that they are two very different things to make a decision about. However, 14 is plenty old enough for sex at 14. I know what it was at 14. You'd have to be blind to think teens don't understand what sex is nor that they are capable of handling it. The real question is weather or not they have the correct judgement to have safe sex, which could be asked for many adults too.
    Can you tell me the difference between handling responsibility and having correct judgment? I think they are congruent... If you want to see why, think of why you wouldn't have such a relationship with a 14 year old, even if it was legal. I hope I'm not going on limb with my assumption there.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 06:04 AM ----------

The bus driver had no way of seeing or knowing what was going on on the top floor. Can't really include him. She should have stayed on the bottom level where all of the other passengers were at.
    She was a few feet away... Busses are not back alleys... Someone interrupted it, because they were so close... You should be amazed at how brazen the rapists were for raping someone on a bus, not blaming her for changing seats on a bus.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    If it were common sense like you claim, than why do children have to be told that? The concept of statutory rape exists for a reason. Men and women below a certain point should be universally protected because they lack the neurological development and social knowledge that allows them to make fully educated and self-interested decisions. You are arbitrarily shifting the rough cutoff for that point several years away from where it is intended to be.
    If all children are taught this, then it becomes common sense. And im not saying she made the decision to have sex with them, nothing even close, but she made the choice to go up there with them. There is no 'rough cutoff' for dont talk to or be alone with strangers, and it certainly isnt when they turn 16 for females and 14 for males, which is the age of consent under Scotland law.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 02:08 AM ----------

If she was alone, how was her friend able to interrupt it? Who was driving the bus? She was not alone on a bus with them. Did you learn the responsibility involved in sex prior to first grade as well?
    She was out of eye-shot of anyone who could help, and out of ear-shot if she called for help as nobody heard... thats not dangerous? And no i learned that in Sex Ed in 6th grade when i was 11-12...

Can you tell me the difference between handling responsibility and having correct judgment? I think they are congruent... If you want to see why, think of why you wouldn't have such a relationship with a 14 year old, even if it was legal. I hope I'm not going on limb with my assumption there.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 06:04 AM ----------

She was a few feet away... Busses are not back alleys... Someone interrupted it, because they were so close... You should be amazed at how brazen the rapists were for raping someone on a bus, not blaming her for changing seats on a bus.
    she was upstairs. Tell me, if someone is on your roof, can you see then despite being right above you? If they are sitting there, not saying a word, would you even notice them making gestures with their hands? Everyone was on the bottom level. That is where it was safest and where she should have stayed. People of all ages can have poor judgement. I am simply stating I knew and could handle sex when I was 14. Just like most of my friends could. Teens these days have a lot more ways to find out about sex then just their parents. Handling responsibility and having correct judgement go hand in hand. In order to handle a responsibility you need to make the right choices. Like being on a double layered boss. In this situation, its either talk to two strangers like youve always been told not to do, or stay with the larger group of people downstairs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    If all children are taught this, then it becomes common sense. And im not saying she made the decision to have sex with them, nothing even close, but she made the choice to go up there with them. There is no 'rough cutoff' for dont talk to or be alone with strangers, and it certainly isnt when they turn 16 for females and 14 for males, which is the age of consent under Scotland law.
    The rapists were so brazen that they raped her, feet away from her friend. Her friend, who was so close that she interrupted it. It is ridiculous to tell people to not get on buses that have a couple of people on. The horror of this, is because the attack was in a public transportation, with others there. The concept that a bus is a safe place, is far closer to reality, than rapists being so brazen as to rape people on a bus.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 06:11 AM ----------

she was upstairs. Tell me, if someone is on your roof, can you see then despite being right above you? If they are sitting there, not saying a word, would you even notice them making gestures with their hands? Everyone was on the bottom level. That is where it was safest and where she should have stayed. People of all ages can have poor judgement. I am simply stating I knew and could handle sex when I was 14. Just like most of my friends could. Teens these days have a lot more ways to find out about sex then just their parents. Handling responsibility and having correct judgement go hand in hand. In order to handle a responsibility you need to make the right choices. Like being on a double layered boss. In this situation, its either talk to two strangers like youve always been told not to do, or stay with the larger group of people downstairs.
    The lack of common sense in being on a public bus? The second deck of a bus is not even a kin to a second floor, much less a roof of a house. The fact that she was on a bus, with two other people,on the second deck... Is far more common than rapists that would rape people on buses...

You are actually saying that you know 14 year olds that are sexually mature for you as an adult to have sex with? That's messed up dude...
    Last edited by Felya; 2013-04-03 at 06:13 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

The rapists were so brazen that they raped her, feet away from her friend. Her friend, who was so close that she interrupted it. It is ridiculous to tell people to not get on buses that have a couple of people on. The horror of this, is because the attack was in a public transportation, with others there. The concept that a bus is a safe place, is far closer to reality, than rapists being so brazen as to rape people on a bus.
    Dude, read the news article. They were upstairs. Her friend decided to go upstairs and check on her friend. They were not feet away. They were on a whole different level of the bus. It was a double decker bus and she and the rapists in question were on the second level while her friend, the bus driver, and all of the other passengers were down below.

10+ Year Old Account
    With them? Do you go somewhere alone with every person on a bus with you? They were just on the same bus as her. 10:30 does not turn most people into a rapist.
    Yeah, it's usually more like 11:15 before those rape urges start kicking in.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    Sociology 101: common sense is a lie. It's a meaningless platitude, and nothing more.

You are missing the point. Why does statutory rape exist? It is not some arbitrary feel-good establishment.... it is there for a legitimate reason. Because until one has gained a certain amount of life experience and neurological development, they cannot be expected to consistently act in a cognizant and self-interested manner. This does not apply only to sex; this applies to a number of areas in life. Did she make a mistake in going up with them? Yes. Is she expected to have observed the situation with the same awareness and social intelligence that she would have as an adult? No, definitely not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, read the news article. They were upstairs. Her friend decided to go upstairs and check on her friend. They were not feet away. They were on a whole different level of the bus. It was a double decker bus and she and the rapists in question were on the second level while her friend, the bus driver, and all of the other passengers were down below.
    How many feet is a bus? Is the second floor closed off from the bottom or is it made for a flow of people?

Edit: you are arguing the size of a confined space of a vehicle..........

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 06:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Yeah, it's usually more like 11:15 before those rape urges start kicking in.
    I turn into a tiny monster in moonlight. It's cool in a way, but being so tiny it's hard to prove and really pointless. Just don't feed me after midnight...
    Last edited by Felya; 2013-04-03 at 06:18 AM.

So like, I think the main message we can take from this thread is that buses are a bad influence on people and we should discontinue their use to better our society. They're turning all of our nice young men into violent rapists and thugs.

How many feet is a bus? Is the second floor closed off from the bottom or is it made for a flow of people?

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 06:17 AM ----------

I turn into a tiny monster in moonlight. It's cool in a way, but being so tiny it's hard to prove and really pointless. Just don't feed me after midnight...
    Really? Its has stairs going up but you cannot see up top from the bottom floor. you literally have to be on the stairs to see up. So unless like the post said, someone goes up there, you aren't going to see anything from the bottom floor. With two grown men, the only thing they would have to worry about is someone coming up the stairs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    So like, I think the main message we can take from this thread is that buses are a bad influence on people and we should discontinue their use to better our society. They're turning all of our nice young men into violent rapists and thugs.
    An 18 or higher age limit on using busses. After two people are on, only groups of 3 or more are permitted until bus begins to fill. When 4 people are left on a bus, they are all let out to avoid them being alone with each other.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 06:22 AM ----------

Really? Its has stairs going up but you cannot see up top from the bottom floor. you literally have to be on the stairs to see up. So unless like the post said, someone goes up there, you aren't going to see anything from the bottom floor. With two grown men, the only thing they would have to worry about is someone coming up the stairs.
    This was not a bus for the deaf... People should not worry about using public transportation.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the only assumption that can be drawn when a girl is blamed for doing a fairly routine and normal activity. Either A) it was a normally safe setting with normal actions on her impeded on by those operating outside the bounds of society, or B) busses are a horrible rapey place and she should have known better than to step on board.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the only assumption that can be drawn when a girl is blamed for doing a fairly routine and normal activity. Either A) it was a normally safe setting with normal actions on her impeded on by those operating outside the bounds of society, or B) busses are a horrible rapey place and she should have known better than to step on board.
    Poor trains getting the bad rap when it's the buses we have to be worried about.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Jesus I mean, how could you not know that buses are horrible rapey places?

She SHOULD have known better! This is just evolution at work. Those who are stupid get raped, and thus less stupid people will be born!

I can't tell if I'm good at not being serious over the internet.

Oh, and grats by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Poor trains getting the bad rap when it's the buses we have to be worried about.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHK7hcLHG7M

I hate trains.

An 18 or higher age limit on using busses. After two people are on, only groups of 3 or more are permitted until bus begins to fill. When 4 people are left on a bus, they are all let out to avoid them being alone with each other.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 06:22 AM ----------

This was not a bus for the deaf... People should not worry about using public transportation.
    Two guys both above 18 vs one 14 year old girl. Yeah, covering up her mouth and holding her down would have been so hard. She could have made all kind of noise with them. Point is, she should have been smart enough to know that talking to two strangers isn't a good idea. If its taught that talking to one is bad, two is doubly bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    When you leave the person your with, you become unaccompanied/alone.
    So if a 14 year old girl gets on a bus and sits on a different level to her friend, that's totally asking to get raped?

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 06:31 AM ----------

She SHOULD have known better! This is just evolution at work. Those who are stupid get raped, and thus less stupid people will be born!
    But wait! Wouldn't that result in more stupid people being born?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So if a 14 year old girl gets on a bus and sits on a different level to her friend, that's totally asking to get raped?
    No of course not.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Two guys both above 18 vs one 14 year old girl. Yeah, covering up her mouth and holding her down would have been so hard. She could have made all kind of noise with them. Point is, she should have been smart enough to know that talking to two strangers isn't a good idea. If its taught that talking to one is bad, two is doubly bad.
    Two strangers on a bus, with her friend a couple of feet away. People get on busses with other people every day. This is not an issue with buses not being safe, but an issue with rapists so brazen that they would rape on a bus.

You are actually willing to list what these rapists had to do to avoid being caught on a bus, while still trying to pretend it was her being there that's responsible? If the bus wasn't a safe spot, they wouldn't have to go through the means you describe to covert up.
    Last edited by Felya; 2013-04-03 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    But wait! Wouldn't that result in more stupid people being born?
    Don't be silly, women have a defense system against being impregnated in the case of a legitimate rape.