Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
... LastLast
  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    The rapists were so brazen that they raped her, feet away from her friend. Her friend, who was so close that she interrupted it. It is ridiculous to tell people to not get on buses that have a couple of people on. The horror of this, is because the attack was in a public transportation, with others there. The concept that a bus is a safe place, is far closer to reality, than rapists being so brazen as to rape people on a bus.
    Dude, read the news article. They were upstairs. Her friend decided to go upstairs and check on her friend. They were not feet away. They were on a whole different level of the bus. It was a double decker bus and she and the rapists in question were on the second level while her friend, the bus driver, and all of the other passengers were down below.

  2. #262
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    11,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    With them? Do you go somewhere alone with every person on a bus with you? They were just on the same bus as her. 10:30 does not turn most people into a rapist.
    Yeah, it's usually more like 11:15 before those rape urges start kicking in.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  3. #263
    Moderator Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    11,185
    Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    If all children are taught this, then it becomes common sense. And im not saying she made the decision to have sex with them, nothing even close, but she made the choice to go up there with them. There is no 'rough cutoff' for dont talk to or be alone with strangers, and it certainly isnt when they turn 16 for females and 14 for males, which is the age of consent under Scotland law.
    Sociology 101: common sense is a lie. It's a meaningless platitude, and nothing more.

    You are missing the point. Why does statutory rape exist? It is not some arbitrary feel-good establishment.... it is there for a legitimate reason. Because until one has gained a certain amount of life experience and neurological development, they cannot be expected to consistently act in a cognizant and self-interested manner. This does not apply only to sex; this applies to a number of areas in life. Did she make a mistake in going up with them? Yes. Is she expected to have observed the situation with the same awareness and social intelligence that she would have as an adult? No, definitely not.
    “…the whole trouble lies here. In words, words. Each one of us has within him a whole world of things, each man of us his own special world. And how can we ever come to an understanding if I put in the words I utter the sense and value of things as I see them; while you who listen to me must inevitably translate them according to the conception of things each one of you has within himself. We think we understand each other, but we never really do.”
    XKCD is always relevant. Always.

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Dude, read the news article. They were upstairs. Her friend decided to go upstairs and check on her friend. They were not feet away. They were on a whole different level of the bus. It was a double decker bus and she and the rapists in question were on the second level while her friend, the bus driver, and all of the other passengers were down below.
    How many feet is a bus? Is the second floor closed off from the bottom or is it made for a flow of people?

    Edit: you are arguing the size of a confined space of a vehicle..........



    ---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 06:17 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Yeah, it's usually more like 11:15 before those rape urges start kicking in.
    I turn into a tiny monster in moonlight. It's cool in a way, but being so tiny it's hard to prove and really pointless. Just don't feed me after midnight...
    Last edited by Felya420; 2013-04-03 at 06:18 AM.
    Go Hawks!!!!

  5. #265
    So like, I think the main message we can take from this thread is that buses are a bad influence on people and we should discontinue their use to better our society. They're turning all of our nice young men into violent rapists and thugs.

    Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    How many feet is a bus? Is the second floor closed off from the bottom or is it made for a flow of people?

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 06:17 AM ----------



    I turn into a tiny monster in moonlight. It's cool in a way, but being so tiny it's hard to prove and really pointless. Just don't feed me after midnight...
    Really? Its has stairs going up but you cannot see up top from the bottom floor. you literally have to be on the stairs to see up. So unless like the post said, someone goes up there, you aren't going to see anything from the bottom floor. With two grown men, the only thing they would have to worry about is someone coming up the stairs.

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    So like, I think the main message we can take from this thread is that buses are a bad influence on people and we should discontinue their use to better our society. They're turning all of our nice young men into violent rapists and thugs.
    An 18 or higher age limit on using busses. After two people are on, only groups of 3 or more are permitted until bus begins to fill. When 4 people are left on a bus, they are all let out to avoid them being alone with each other.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 06:22 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Really? Its has stairs going up but you cannot see up top from the bottom floor. you literally have to be on the stairs to see up. So unless like the post said, someone goes up there, you aren't going to see anything from the bottom floor. With two grown men, the only thing they would have to worry about is someone coming up the stairs.
    This was not a bus for the deaf... People should not worry about using public transportation.
    Go Hawks!!!!

  8. #268
    Moderator Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    11,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    So like, I think the main message we can take from this thread is that buses are a bad influence on people and we should discontinue their use to better our society. They're turning all of our nice young men into violent rapists and thugs.
    That's the only assumption that can be drawn when a girl is blamed for doing a fairly routine and normal activity. Either A) it was a normally safe setting with normal actions on her impeded on by those operating outside the bounds of society, or B) busses are a horrible rapey place and she should have known better than to step on board.
    “…the whole trouble lies here. In words, words. Each one of us has within him a whole world of things, each man of us his own special world. And how can we ever come to an understanding if I put in the words I utter the sense and value of things as I see them; while you who listen to me must inevitably translate them according to the conception of things each one of you has within himself. We think we understand each other, but we never really do.”
    XKCD is always relevant. Always.

  9. #269
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    11,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    That's the only assumption that can be drawn when a girl is blamed for doing a fairly routine and normal activity. Either A) it was a normally safe setting with normal actions on her impeded on by those operating outside the bounds of society, or B) busses are a horrible rapey place and she should have known better than to step on board.
    Poor trains getting the bad rap when it's the buses we have to be worried about.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    That's the only assumption that can be drawn when a girl is blamed for doing a fairly routine and normal activity. Either A) it was a normally safe setting with normal actions on her impeded on by those operating outside the bounds of society, or B) busses are a horrible rapey place and she should have known better than to step on board.
    Jesus I mean, how could you not know that buses are horrible rapey places?

    She SHOULD have known better! This is just evolution at work. Those who are stupid get raped, and thus less stupid people will be born!

    I can't tell if I'm good at not being serious over the internet.

    Oh, and grats by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Poor trains getting the bad rap when it's the buses we have to be worried about.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHK7hcLHG7M

    I hate trains.

    Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    An 18 or higher age limit on using busses. After two people are on, only groups of 3 or more are permitted until bus begins to fill. When 4 people are left on a bus, they are all let out to avoid them being alone with each other.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 06:22 AM ----------



    This was not a bus for the deaf... People should not worry about using public transportation.
    Two guys both above 18 vs one 14 year old girl. Yeah, covering up her mouth and holding her down would have been so hard. She could have made all kind of noise with them. Point is, she should have been smart enough to know that talking to two strangers isn't a good idea. If its taught that talking to one is bad, two is doubly bad.

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    When you leave the person your with, you become unaccompanied/alone.
    So if a 14 year old girl gets on a bus and sits on a different level to her friend, that's totally asking to get raped?

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 06:31 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    She SHOULD have known better! This is just evolution at work. Those who are stupid get raped, and thus less stupid people will be born!
    But wait! Wouldn't that result in more stupid people being born?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  13. #273
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So if a 14 year old girl gets on a bus and sits on a different level to her friend, that's totally asking to get raped?
    No of course not.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Two guys both above 18 vs one 14 year old girl. Yeah, covering up her mouth and holding her down would have been so hard. She could have made all kind of noise with them. Point is, she should have been smart enough to know that talking to two strangers isn't a good idea. If its taught that talking to one is bad, two is doubly bad.
    Two strangers on a bus, with her friend a couple of feet away. People get on busses with other people every day. This is not an issue with buses not being safe, but an issue with rapists so brazen that they would rape on a bus.

    You are actually willing to list what these rapists had to do to avoid being caught on a bus, while still trying to pretend it was her being there that's responsible? If the bus wasn't a safe spot, they wouldn't have to go through the means you describe to covert up.
    Last edited by Felya420; 2013-04-03 at 06:34 AM.
    Go Hawks!!!!

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    But wait! Wouldn't that result in more stupid people being born?
    Don't be silly, women have a defense system against being impregnated in the case of a legitimate rape.

    Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

  16. #276
    Dreadlord Craakar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland/Denmark
    Posts
    878
    This happened 2 miles from where my old job was when I worked in Scotland. Poor girl, if I was one of the other passengers on that bus i'd have literally killed the other 2 guys. Rapists deserve death in my opinion, just as well as murderers.

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    An 18 or higher age limit on using busses. After two people are on, only groups of 3 or more are permitted until bus begins to fill. When 4 people are left on a bus, they are all let out to avoid them being alone with each other.
    Nah easier solution, if any women want to take a bus they have to have a steel plate welded over their vaginas. Clearly the only rational way to stop rape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  18. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Two strangers on a bus, with her friend a couple of feet away. People get on busses with other people every day. This is not an issue with buses not being safe, but an issue with rapists so brazen that they would rape on a bus.

    You are actually willing to list what these rapists had to do to avoid being caught on a bus, while still trying to pretend it was her being there that's responsible? If the bus wasn't a safe spot, they wouldn't have to go through the means you describe to covert up.
    Her friend was not "A few feet away". Her friend was on the bottom layer of a two layered bus. Understand? Her friend could NOT see upstairs. No one could. There for, it was irresponsible of her to go away from the crowd to go upstairs alone with two older men. Its like the old saying goes. There is safety in numbers. This is especially true when you are traveling in public later at night.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2013-04-03 at 06:59 AM.

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Don't be silly, women have a defense system against being impregnated in the case of a legitimate rape.
    Ah how soon I forget.

    Sharpen your vagina dentata, girls!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  20. #280
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    11,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    But wait! Wouldn't that result in more stupid people being born?
    Buses typically don't spring for prenatal care.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •