Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This happened 2 miles from where my old job was when I worked in Scotland. Poor girl, if I was one of the other passengers on that bus i'd have literally killed the other 2 guys. Rapists deserve death in my opinion, just as well as murderers.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    An 18 or higher age limit on using busses. After two people are on, only groups of 3 or more are permitted until bus begins to fill. When 4 people are left on a bus, they are all let out to avoid them being alone with each other.
    Nah easier solution, if any women want to take a bus they have to have a steel plate welded over their vaginas. Clearly the only rational way to stop rape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Two strangers on a bus, with her friend a couple of feet away. People get on busses with other people every day. This is not an issue with buses not being safe, but an issue with rapists so brazen that they would rape on a bus.

You are actually willing to list what these rapists had to do to avoid being caught on a bus, while still trying to pretend it was her being there that's responsible? If the bus wasn't a safe spot, they wouldn't have to go through the means you describe to covert up.
    Her friend was not "A few feet away". Her friend was on the bottom layer of a two layered bus. Understand? Her friend could NOT see upstairs. No one could. There for, it was irresponsible of her to go away from the crowd to go upstairs alone with two older men. Its like the old saying goes. There is safety in numbers. This is especially true when you are traveling in public later at night.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2013-04-03 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Don't be silly, women have a defense system against being impregnated in the case of a legitimate rape.
    Ah how soon I forget.

Sharpen your vagina dentata, girls!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    But wait! Wouldn't that result in more stupid people being born?
    Buses typically don't spring for prenatal care.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There go, it was irresponsible of her to go away from the crowd to go upstairs alone with two older men. Its like the old saying goes. There is safety in numbers. This is especially true when you are traveling in public later at night.
    Okay, next time you sit in the less crowded carriage on public transport I'll rape you. You have only yourself to blame!

10+ Year Old Account
    Either you are a troll, or you are the slowest person ive ever met. Her friend was not "A few feet away". Her friend was on the bottom layer of a two layered bus. Understand? Her friend could NOT see upstairs. No one could. There for, it was irresponsible of her to go away from the crowd to go upstairs alone with two older men. Its like the old saying goes. There is safety in numbers. This is especially true when you are traveling in public later at night.
    You are insulting me while calling me a troll? How about you reply with how many feet you think a bus is and we can see if that qualifies as few. I've already asked one time. Instead of calling a second story of a bus, like a roof of my house. Why not sprinkle some reality and tell me how many feet is a bus?

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 06:43 AM ----------

Okay, next time you sit in the less crowded carriage on public transport I'll rape you. You have only yourself to blame!
    No, just wait out buses until there is one with 3 people on.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 06:45 AM ----------

Nah easier solution, if any women want to take a bus they have to have a steel plate welded over their vaginas. Clearly the only rational way to stop rape.
    Hey, that's another valid idea on how people can help not being raped on a bus. No getting on buses after 10:30, that have 2 people on older than you and if you have no chastity belt, we know you wanted it.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

You are insulting me while calling me a troll? How about you reply with how many feet you think a bus is and we can see if that qualifies as few. I've already asked one time. Instead of calling a second story of a bus, like a roof of my house. Why not sprinkle some reality and tell me how many feet is a bus?

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 06:43 AM ----------

No, just wait out buses until there is one with 3 people on.
    No one can see through walls. Implying that distance away relative to one another would somehow impact ones none existent ability to see or hear through walls is simply a work of fiction. The fact that this girl left her friend, and a large group of other passengers And the bus driver to be on another layer alone with two strangers shows that she did not have the correct judgement to be allowed on a bus so late at night. So in short, I don't care if they were 10 feet away relative to one another. Her friend was not going to see through that roof no matter what. We havent invented xray glasses to see through walls yet.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2013-04-03 at 06:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I believe you to be a troll. No one can see through walls. Implying that distance away relative to one another would somehow impact ones none existent ability to see or hear through walls is simply a work of fiction. The fact that this girl left her friend, and a large group of other passengers And the bus driver to be on another layer alone with two strangers shows that she did not have the correct judgement to be allowed on a bus so late at night.
    They can't see through walls, but according to you, they had to bind and gag her because otherwise people could hear her. I'm trolling, while you are calling me slow and ignoring your own words of the length the rapists ad to go to keep her quiet. Self awareness much?
    Last edited by Felya; 2013-04-03 at 06:53 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

The bus:

The report says that after talking with the two men downstairs, she went alone upstairs with them, where she was allegedly raped.

According to felya, she was held down and raped in front of her friend. Who was downstairs on the bus.

Clearly, what we have are quantum rapists, as they can be both upstairs and downstairs on a double-decker at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I believe you to be a troll. No one can see through walls. Implying that distance away relative to one another would somehow impact ones none existent ability to see or hear through walls is simply a work of fiction. The fact that this girl left her friend, and a large group of other passengers And the bus driver to be on another layer alone with two strangers shows that she did not have the correct judgement to be allowed on a bus so late at night. So in short, I don't care if they were 10 feet away relative to one another. Her friend was not going to see through that roof no matter what. We havent invented xray glasses to see through walls yet.
    You do realize you can get get infracted for calling someone a troll right?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    So in short, I don't care if they were 10 feet away relative to one another. Her friend was not going to see through that roof no matter what. We havent invented xray glasses to see through walls yet.
    You don't care that they were '10 feet away' you do not care that she had to be bound and gaged to be kept quiet. Anything else you don't care about to come to your conclusion?

They can't see through walls, but according to you, they had to bind and gag her because otherwise people could hear her. I'm trolling, while you are calling me slow and ignoring your own words of the length the rapists ad to go to keep her quiet. Self awareness much?
    Oh no, they wouldn't have to bind or gag her. They could have easily used their own hands. It was merely an example of how they would be able to silence her to ensure that no noise would be heard, thus eliminating one of the things they would have to worry about. All rapists have to go through great lengths. However, the simple fact is that they wouldn't have had an opportunity to do so had she remained down below.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vetinari View Post
    According to felya, she was held down and raped in front of her friend. Who was downstairs on the bus.
    Quote me saying it. If I didn't say it, you are a liar... Simple, am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You do realize you can get get infracted for calling someone a troll right?
    nope. Wouldn't assume that would be a thing to be infracted apon aslong as the general post was constructive. I would assume that the person doing said acts would receive an infacture first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, they wouldn't have to bind or gag her. They could have easily used their own hands. It was merely an example of how they would be able to silence her to ensure that no noise would be heard, thus eliminating one of the things they would have to worry about. All rapists have to go through great lengths. However, the simple fact is that they wouldn't have had an opportunity to do so had she remained down below.
    You have yet to prove that the top of a public transportation is an inherently dangerous area that should be avoided, and that the rapists were operating within the social norms with their actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that even you claim that she had to be bound and gaged, should show the length they had to go. the only issue ere, is that you think it's simple to gag people with their own hands. Do you see a single woman on a bus as an opportunity? What makes her an opportunity?

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Oh for Christs sake. Rape is terrible, but individual cases should not be news stories. There is a sexual assault in america roughly every 120 seconds (including men and women being assualted). Its awful, its bad, but writing an article about one case and having it circulate on reddit/mmo champ isn't going to solve anything.
    This girl was a victim, she is a person not a statistic. Every incident should be made public, we can't just stick our heads in the ground and pretend everything is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    You have yet to prove that the top of a public transportation is an inherently dangerous area that should be avoided, and that the rapists were operating within the social norms with their actions.
    I am not trying to prove they are inherently dangerous. Not in the least. I am merely stating that the what causes it to become dangerous is going to it alone with two strangers out of the sight of people who were able to help and protect her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I think you're using the wrong wording when you say 'social norms'. I think what you're meaning to say is "You have yet to prove that being raped on the top level of a bus is a reasonable fear that would warrant avoiding such an area."

I am not trying to prove they are inherently dangerous. Not in the least. I am merely stating that the what causes it to become dangerous is going to it alone with two strangers out of the sight of people who were able to help and protect her.
    Yeah, and going outside of the house exposed those people who got stabbed in the streets to the people who stabbed them.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2013-04-03 at 07:02 AM.