Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    So you'd rather see 40 year old men have sex with 13 year old girls or 40 year old women have sex with 13 year old boys?

edit: typos
    Disgusting yes....BUUUUUT should it be legal..Depends overall i;d say 14 or so...MAYBE 13 depending maybe even younger if needed over time(though then we get to REALLY grosses me out territory).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Disgusting yes....BUUUUUT should it be legal..Depends overall i;d say 14 or so...MAYBE 13 depending maybe even younger if needed over time(though then we get to REALLY grosses me out territory).
    Even younger? Pedophilia? No, thank you very much. There is good reason why there is an age of consent, to prevent that much older people from exploiting inexperienced and naive teenagers or kids but it still happens from time to time.

Deleted
    So you'd rather see 40 year old men have sex with 13 year old girls or 40 year old women have sex with 13 year old boys?

edit: typos
    I'd rather see none of them, both are wrong even if the last option would be less harmful physically against the kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even younger? Pedophilia? No, thank you very much. There is good reason why there is an age of consent, to prevent that much older people from exploiting inexperienced and naive teenagers or kids but it still happens from time to time.
    First said it was squicky..But even younger is ONLY mentioned due to the CONSTANTLY lowering age of the onset of puberty.

Deleted
    First said it was squicky..But even younger is ONLY mentioned due to the CONSTANTLY lowering age of the onset of puberty.
    Just because someone gets into puberty early does not mean they're ready for it mentally. Just because someone is physically ready for it does not mean it won't be harmful mentally - take this from someone who had sex first time at 13, had been having my period regularly for 2 years by then but that does not mean I was ready for sex.
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-04-03 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    You are saying the equivalent of 'she shouldn't have worn that dress', but wonder why people have a problem?
    I guess thats where we disagree. People have the right to wear whatever they like, its still risky behaviour to go off on your own at night when you're 14...

EDIT: I don't really mean on a bus, tbh I don't see that people should worry about being alone on the bus, I'm curious how much the council will get sued for for not having CCTV on public transport tbh; I'm speaking more in the broader sense that whenever anyone suggests that there are things you can do to lower the chances of being assaulted, they are branded a rape supporter...
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2013-04-03 at 10:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I guess thats where we disagree. People have the right to wear whatever they like, its still risky behaviour to go off on your own at night when you're 14...
    You are implying that time is relevant. It is not. Opportunity is, which could correlate with time but does not always do so.

You are implying that time is relevant. It is not. Opportunity is, which could correlate with time but does not always do so.
    Why is it not? It is more dangerous for a child to be alone at night time than at the day. Hell, its more dangerous for an adult to be alone at night than at the day.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Why is it not? It is more dangerous for a child to be alone at night time than at the day. Hell, its more dangerous for an adult to be alone at night than at the day.
    You quote me and ask why is it not when the reason is there in the text.. If equal opportunity is available at 15:00 in the day as opposed to at 22:30, you don't think people would use that opportunity just as they would at 22:30? Just because it could correlate with time does not mean it's tied to time.
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-04-03 at 10:45 PM.

You quote me and ask why is it not when the reason is there in the text.. If equal opportunity is available at 15:00 in the day as opposed to at 22:30, you don't think people would use that opportunity just as they would at 22:30?
    But equal opportunity wouldn't be available at 15:00 is precisely my point though...

Deleted
    But equal opportunity wouldn't be available at 15:00 is precisely my point though...
    You don't understand it I see. Such opportunities can present themselves even at 15:00, just because it happen to correlate with time in many cases does not mean it's tied to time.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Glasghaaeeeggghh used to be such a nice city too.
    This city invented the glasgow smile.

You don't understand it I see. Such opportunities can present themselves even at 15:00, just because it happen to correlate with time in many cases does not mean it's tied to time.
    So time of day *is* a factor then? Of course I'm not saying its the only factor There being two rapists on the bus is the the factor that resulted in there being a rape in this incident of a young girl being on her own at night time. I'm not suggesting that young girls alone at night time get raped for being on thier own at night time.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2013-04-03 at 11:46 PM.

Deleted
    So time of day *is* a factor then? Of course I'm not saying its the only factor
    Could be, not is. I was out rather late a lot of times in my teen years without anything really serious happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are saying that rape is a crime of opportunity?

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 12:06 AM ----------

What about night that makes it riskier?

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 12:08 AM ----------

I'm not suggesting that young girls alone at night time get raped for being on thier own at night time.
    Than how is it risky behavior?

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 12:14 AM ----------

Cognitive thought doesn't reach Formal operational stage until age 12-13. You are missing puberty and hitting lack of cognitive thought. It's not 'squicky', but disturbing.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    You are saying that rape is a crime of opportunity?

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 12:06 AM ----------

What about night that makes it riskier?

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 12:08 AM ----------

Than how is it risky behavior?

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 12:14 AM ----------

Cognitive thought doesn't reach Formal operational stage until age 12-13. You are missing puberty and hitting lack of cognitive thought. It's not 'squicky', but disturbing.
    LOL yeah disturbing fits it as well.