Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I've had reverse problems. Or rather, the same problem on both sides.

I tank with a Prot Warrior. After either one of us does a swap (After a period long enough to let vengeance drop off) the one who's no longer tanking the boss must stop attacking. This is something I've only noticed in ToT, we never had the issues in 5.0.

I've been helping the issue by swapping into frost presence if the damage is needed and swapping back once his vengeance is up a bit unless it's vital I remain in blood presence for the entire duration. If that is the case, I'll simply stop attacking (Much).

I will mention, that I am capped at 7.5% for both melee hit and exp (bit over on hit atm, but that's something I know about, didn't have time to really get into shit during a 10 minute break during a raid ). My Threat gen still seems rather low in some cases where I'm struggling to remain above our DPS including our Frost DK who's rockin' 523 ilvl gear.

Haven't noticed it to be a problem for DKs specifically.
    Being a DK i usually turn the back to the boss after a swap now, since white hits are more than enough to outaggro the other tank. This have been the case with 3 different tanks. Not really a wonder since the tank the boss focuses on have something like 70-90k more ap than the other.
    Personally i'm just waiting to about a second after the bar has turned grey, turning around and then hit with RS, and seeing how big a chunk on the aggro it takes. If nothing happens you can usually just go back to dps'ing. Can watch vengeance too, but i just got used to doing it that way.
    The other tanks should do the same if they have trouble with overagroing on swaps. Won't hurt enough dps-wise to excuse the extra grief you bring the other tank by not doing it :P

As some others mentioned, frost pressence seems like a fine idea too, if there's not raidwide damage, and you having some nasty debuff to hurt more
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

It's not a DK specific problem, but the issue with DKs is that when we go "all out" to catch up in threat our survivability takes a greater hit than other tanks do. In the end it just takes some common sense and discipline by both tanks to get it working. The biggest issue is the "tank dps does matter" statement and the tank with high vengeance feels the need to make his dps matter...

Deleted
    Borrowing this thread because yesterday during iron qon i realy had to fight hard to gain any threat at all, and the majority of the time the monk tank simply overtook me.

It seems ridiculous these days that tanks can do such vastly different dps in similar situations.

I would love to see a general dps buff and vengeance removed as it feels like tanks that can do dps that makes dps envy just forget completely about this little thing called tank swapping that is on every boss in current tier. And i think some clases have talents that greatly increase threat, such as a paladins Holy Avenger talent. But from what i can gather monk tanks atm have just superior Tps from there standard abilities, such as Keg Toss. Whereas it feels like our threat is pretty flat and less spikey, on top of which we cant always just keep popping all runes due to saving them for spike damage.

Also on a side note i found DRW just doesnt work for boosting tps. And DRW is the only thing that boosts our tps at all. Aside from vengeance of course.

Anyway currently i realy struggle with threat against monks, but like one of the previous posts states, if they cant be bothered to watch their threat, then its pretty much /facepalmage.

10+ Year Old Account
    you are my twin, i cant keep aggro off the other monk tank in my group on any boss lol

Don't use the DRW glyph, your better off using the RP for rune strikes and there are better glyphs to use

Don't forget to refresh your diseases after you taunt and gain vengeance. And of course have some runes and RP ready to use after the taunt.

We get multiple taunts unlike other tanks! Don't freak out if the tank pulls back, just taunt. Dark Command initially, death grip 2nd if needed, and dark command should be back up if you need a 3rd.

FYI this shouldn't be an issue after the 5.4 changes to taunt