Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Nimble Brew.....everyone gets it next patch.
    then i'm content with the change :P I already have a silence and disarm so don't really need ring of peace much other than to annoy people around me :S

Why would you be focusing on one target longer then 45 seconds? Something is obviously wrong if you can not get a target down In 45 seconds. You gotta switch it up.
    Don't understand your comment. I didn't say anything about who you focus or how long you focus it. I just said every 45sec you can prevent a target that is being focused to be killed with the use of a single button. No more and no less.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipostylor View Post
    Don't understand your comment. I didn't say anything about who you focus or how long you focus it. I just said every 45sec you can prevent a target that is being focused to be killed with the use of a single button. No more and no less.
    You can stop the melee, but not the casters.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Isn't this the same for Dks are paladins if your target is standing in the solar beam? Since you are silenced....But yeah you would have to switch to another target.

http://i.imgur.com/L3KqhUE.jpg
    Why has nobody questioned that giant tauren...

I'd be fine nerfing Ring of Peace if Monks were competitive without this spell. Unfortunately they aren't even close.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Giant tauren? >.> <.< V.V ^.^.....I don't know what you are talking about! In my reality all taurens look like that, yours does not? :}
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I still prefer Leg Sweep over RoP on my Monk.

Disarming/silencing someone is all well and good, but I like being able to stun someone and keep them still in place for 5 secs. Especially classes that can kite.

Though I don't see any reason to nerf RoP at all. At the moment it seems like it is just bads being bad and trying to find one specific move to complain about so they don't feel as bad about themselves.

I much prefer an enemy monk using RoP on me than I do ANY class with fear mechanics.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I still prefer Leg Sweep over RoP on my Monk.

Disarming/silencing someone is all well and good, but I like being able to stun someone and keep them still in place for 5 secs. Especially classes that can kite.

Though I don't see any reason to nerf RoP at all. At the moment it seems like it is just bads being bad and trying to find one specific move to complain about so they don't feel as bad about themselves.

I much prefer an enemy monk using RoP on me than I do ANY class with fear mechanics.
    I think Leg weep needs to be fixed, it is very rng, I can be standing on someone and they sometimes do not even get stunned.
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-04-04 at 04:56 AM.

I think Leg weep needs to be fixed, ti is very rng, I can be standing on someone and they sometimes do not even get sunned.
    This I very much agree with, though I tend to use it as part of a CC chain. Meaning the enemy is hopefully standing still already when I do it, thus HOPEFULLY not out of range.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Tapzer View Post
    I hate it when people just complain about anything new. Yes RoP is a tad bit OP, but without it WW monks would be 100% useless. It helps us cut down melees burst. Its not a big problem for ranged if they know what they are doing.
    Bullshit CC or bullshit escape mechanisms, pick one. Monks get both.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Bullshit CC or bullshit escape mechanisms, pick one. Monks get both.
    Transcendance is not bullshit its a port like warlocks.

Guys I got this revolutionary idea.

CC the monk and don't focus it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Yeah, in the eyes of other people, bullshit. Haven't you noticed how often people complain about it because it doesn't require LoS?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    It's the PvP vendor on the ptr

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Monks have more than just Transcendence.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogged View Post
    I'd be fine nerfing Ring of Peace if Monks were competitive without this spell. Unfortunately they aren't even close.
    Given only like 1% of the arena playerbase actually plays monks, the ones who do play are beating the expected distribution for that global population. So either people who reroll to monk are exceptionally skilled, or more likely - monks are to some extent overpowered right now. (Note: the same math says Frost mages are horrendously overpowered right now, but everybody seems to have given up complaining about them).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorpurple View Post
    Ring of Peace does not have a DR system. There should be a Disarm DR system and it should be put on the Silence DR system. its too strong. 8 seconds of you cant do anything and be crapped on at the same time is stupid in many books. Ghost crawler needs to see the light before it comes from an angry mob of PVPers hes pissed off with his countless efforts of failure. hes done a lot of good, but come on. 8 seconds without DR is too strong.
    You must be a warrior! Nerf rock, paper is fine! /signed scissors.

OT: Also monks need to counter something. All they hardcounter are warriors, they get shit by anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Given only like 1% of the arena playerbase actually plays monks, the ones who do play are beating the expected distribution for that global population. So either people who reroll to monk are exceptionally skilled, or more likely - monks are to some extent overpowered right now. (Note: the same math says Frost mages are horrendously overpowered right now, but everybody seems to have given up complaining about them).
    You might want to check those numbers again, monks are sitting on ~5.5% global right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Monks aren't overpowered overall, but it doesn't mean they're not imbalanced. Monks are stupid OP in very specific non-ranked circumstances and frustrating to fight, but very poor in ranked play overall. In this sense, they're like Ret Paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really have a problem with this, monks kind of need the ability right now.
    Research does not consist of eating some lead based paint, checking what people are saying on the forums and then pretending like you know what you are talking about.

You can stop the melee, but not the casters.
    And what exactly does this have to do with:

Why would you be focusing on one target longer then 45 seconds? Something is obviously wrong if you can not get a target down In 45 seconds. You gotta switch it up.
    ???