Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

People that brag

Does anyone have that one friend on WoW that always brags? Like everything they do every achievement they get, every item they must tell you and beat you in everything and then if you beat them they are like "Oh, but if did this id have more". I honestly can't stand it, my friend is like this all the time, I never brag at all, and it annoys me so god damn much, and if i told him about it he'd most likely just say "Oh your just jealous" when in fact im actually better then him and I just don't brag. Does anyone else have wow friends like this?

I don't call people like that friends.

Deleted
    You should probably not say, that you never brag. Your other friends might think you brag aswell.

Deleted
    I don't when it comes to WoW haha

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    I don't call people like that friends.
    This is kind of true, but in other respects / subjects these people are sometimes ok to talk to, depends on the person. I usually just give them the least amount of enthusiasm possible for their accomplishment and change subject.

If its something I've been working on really hard and my friends know I have been I will yell and scream in guild/whisper chat to them that I got it and be all happy.

If its some random silly one though I just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    This is kind of true, but in other respects / subjects these people are sometimes ok to talk to, depends on the person. I usually just give them the least amount of enthusiasm possible for their accomplishment and change subject.
    I would say I'm a little antisocial, so I only surround myself with people I really like. I would never want to be around someone who isn't interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    I would say I'm a little antisocial, so I only surround myself with people I really like. I would never want to be around someone who isn't interesting to me.
    They may be interesting in other respects. Everyone has facets to their personality that are irritating to others, it just depends on whether the other parts that make up their personality make up for that for you.

There are no non-irritating people who are fascinating 100% on the time, just people who you find more of these qualities in, and learn to ignore the other stuff.

Don't know but when people brag at me I just don't take it seriously. It doesn't really annoy me too. You could just be glad with them too. I don't really brag in WoW myself because I don't have anything to brag about lol.

Deleted
    I don't mind it; when people go on about their dps I just resolve next pull that I'm going to wreck them so hard that they'll not be able to do it again. I need that competition to even stay motivated to play these days.

However, I did manage to make someone ragequit in the middle of the raid during Magaera because he kept dying to the Ice and I said something to the effect of "Dis kiting is hard right enough mate" - THAT was unacceptable and the type of thing I think the OP means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, had quite a few people on WoW that would link the dps after every boss fight or w/e just because they personally did well. Obviously you'd PREFER for people to know how much dps you did if it was a high number, but to link it to everyone is such a cheap move. Makes you look stupid imo.

I remember when I was doing a raid with a friend as a pug in Wrath and we noticed that our dps would be different on each other's meters (other people's recount/skada didn't seem to show treant dps for moonkins so it was lower), so after a fight I linked him mine in whisper and said what does yours say? How much is the difference? And he purposely linked it in raid chat just because he was top and then whispered back "that's mine", such an idiot move lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zetob View Post
    and if i told him about it he'd most likely just say "Oh your just jealous" when in fact im actually better then him and I just don't brag.
    Hmmm. Seems your friend is overly competitive. Might wanna mention to him that he should tone it down a bit since it gets on your nerves so much. Otherwise, he might not really be worth keeping as a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Don't know but when people brag at me I just don't take it seriously. It doesn't really annoy me too. You could just be glad with them too.
    ^^ This. What should someone else bragging bother you? If you think about it, you might see that you really don't need to be upset by it.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    ^^ This. What should someone else bragging bother you? If you think about it, you might see that you really don't need to be upset by it.
    I kind of agree here. When I ding a cool achievement, I really appreciate it when folks notice. Sometimes, I'll even prompt them to notice. I'm far more annoyed by folks who brag IRL than in WoW or folks who constantly act like hot shit - which is a bit different.

I have friends like this and i have realized this is (almost) EVERY PVP only player ever (with a small minority who don't) I mean every one of them tell me they don't raid because "It's like stupid easy yo, like mechanics thats so easy i could do 12/12 H easy. "
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Everything is how you perceive it. If you let it annoy you, it will.

Maybe this person doesn't have much else to brag about besides pixels and numbers in a fictitious world that has no real meaning in the scheme of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people are overly competitive, some people have low self esteem and feel like they need to prove themselves all the time, some people get very proud of trivial things. Everyone has personality quirks of some variety. If they're not being malicious about it, it's easy for me to ignore.

I really only get irritated if people do it for the purpose of cutting others down, and no one I am friends with is like that.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    You sure you don't brag, OP? You have a Johnny Bravo avatar

I dunno. If I've been chasing something or I get an amazing or well-sought-after upgrade/item, I will link it in chat. I don't usually link my dps but if I'm way ahead of a group I might comment in chat about the difference. People who brag about their dps or skills annoy me very fast.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If his constant bragging really annoys just get even. Just start posting random things back to him on his achievement.
    Him: Hey bro I just got a huge upgrade
    You: I just pooped in the refrigerator.
    Him: what?
    You: And I ate an entire wheel of cheese.

If you keep at it with stuff like that he may get the idea that you don't care about his bragging and he may stop, or you could start a hilarious conversation and make it worthwhile talking to him.
    Last edited by Endler89; 2013-04-03 at 07:16 PM.