Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!

Expansion after MoP?

Expansion after MoP could either be an underwater-based expansion (Kul Tiras, Zandalari Isle etc.) with Azshara as end boss

OR

we could have 2 Argus expansions, with the 1st expansion posing with Kil'Jaeden as end boss and 2nd posing with Sargeras or move on to titans homeworld.

Tell me what you think, any of these or anything else that I havn't mentioned perhaps? Share your opinions! I'm feeling like MoP was a expansion to ''cool down'' the major boss story but honestly, having a major end boss that poses threat and is very involved with the story line of quests during the expansions zones is great, that's what made WotLK such a great expansion because Lich King was involved in almost every zone!

Azshara with her new ocean controlling power as the end boss of next expansion. N'zoth be a patch end boss.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are lots of other threads on this. Wrathion explicitly states that the Burning Legion is coming, so seeing another floating piece of Draenor, like Outland, or even another base planet of the Legion, would make the most sense right now.
    Last edited by Deathstyle; 2013-04-03 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstyle View Post
    There are lots of other threads on this. Wrathion explicitly states that the Burning Legion is coming, so seeing another floating piece of Argus, like Outland, or even another base planet of the Legion, would make the most sense right now.
    I think the next expansion is the Azshara one. Think about it, she allready tried to bring the Legion here once, what stops her from doing it again?
    I think ms Queen will be a harbringer of the Legion and the expansion will intruduce the Demon Hunter Class as Azeroth has small portals with Demons pouring out of it as a pre-invasion thingy.
    Basicly, IMO the next expansion is about Azshara bringing the Legion to Azeroth with her opening portals all over azeroth and using her powers to drain azeroth in the ocean. And the Demon hunter and new character models as the main sellingpoint of the xpack.

And also, Outland aint a part of Argus. It's a part from Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burning Legion you say... Well at least that tells us we'll be fighting demons a lot a again. I don't think they'll do Azshara yet, I'd think they go to a different planet like Argus.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara will be the next one with N'zoth in there. She'll definitely have Legion help, but I don't see the Legion being the next xpac just yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathstyle View Post
    so seeing another floating piece of Argus, like Outland
    Outland is not a piece of Argus.

OT: Although there's an 80% next xpack is a Burning Legion invasion of Azeroth it could actually feature Azshara as the main antagonist, something like she allies with the legion(like 10k years ago) and they try to use the rift beneath the maelstrom to reopening the portal from the war of the ancient and free Sargeras who is supposed to be stuck there sinse the portal closed with him comming through, leading into another expasion, this time with us on the offensive. (army of the light ftw)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    emerald dream rift of aln

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    ... I meant Draenor, thanks for correcting me.
    Also, Azshara would make sense, since so many people want to fight her, but sadly the vocal majority doesn't want to see underwater zones again. Going back to Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor again would be a big no no, so Blizz would have to get quite creative when it comes to building an Island based expansion. (Luckily, their recent doings have shown that Blizz can really use there thinking caps and get it done to)

I'm expecting a Legion expansion. Blizzard doesn't seem the type to do foreshadowing 2 expansions ahead and Wrathion's green fireballs attacking Azeroth definitely seemed like foreshadowing our next foe.

I'd love to see an Azshara expansion, but I'd rather them build it up as Azshara for the final boss, then pull a switcharoo revealing that Azshara essentially manipulated us into a corner where we have to ALLY with her to defeat N'Zoth. End the expansion with the Horde and Alliance narrowly escaping the naga who turn on them after defeating N'Zoth and you end the expansion with Azshara still out there an no longer under the Old Gods' thumb.

Blizzard has really built Azshara up to be someone not to be trifled with. Many of the Burning Legion were afraid of her and some opted for loyalty to her over the Legion!

10+ Year Old Account
    There's honestly, loads they could go with, its fun to speculate, but we'll just have to wait and see.

The clear notion that the Burning legion is invadeing doesn't really mean is going to be the next one by the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!
    I want an Azshara-based expansion honestly aswell. Because if they pull a Azshara-based expansion they can involve her in almost every zone as they did with LK and make her appear in different quest lines in different zones. I would love that! That builds up to the epic battle against her and you feel more like you really want to defeat her. (like LK! )

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    There's honestly, loads they could go with, its fun to speculate, but we'll just have to wait and see.

The clear notion that the Burning legion is invadeing doesn't really mean is going to be the next one by the way.
    It doesn't guarantee it, but as I said...I don't expect Blizzard to do 2 expansions out foreshadowing. They've said they're just NOW getting to a point they can work one expansion out well enough to hint at story elements.

10+ Year Old Account
    The next Expansion will be something new, just like mists of pandaria.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    personally i hope it is a south seas expansion with Azshara as the main antagonist trying to summon the legion to azeroth again. Would tie in with the whole legion returning as well as ties up loose ends with the naga and missing islands and pirates. Could also be used to tie up the loose ends with the sinking island of Zandalar and the trolls there

Deleted
    It's gonna be a burning legion expansion (gladly!). There are enough hints in the current storyline to believe that. Atleast we're 100% sure there will be a Burning Legion expansion in the future. But it isnt the first upcomming one, it will definatly be the next one!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyseria View Post
    I want an Azshara-based expansion honestly aswell. Because if they pull a Azshara-based expansion they can involve her in almost every zone as they did with LK and make her appear in different quest lines in different zones. I would love that! That builds up to the epic battle against her and you feel more like you really want to defeat her. (like LK! )
    I dont want that at all.
    When the LK saw me destroying his plans and killing off his dudes i didnt see him standing there saying "DO NOT FAIL ME" as build up for anything. I saw it more of him being an idiot and not killing the people threatening his reign.
    Dont care if it was because of his stupid plan to kill and gain the strongest army, he had a huge number of undead no faction could beat which is why "there must always be a LK" to make sure they dont go around and destroy everything which is what he wanted so why not just let them go around and kill everyone? why make this stupid plan of having 10/25 that could kill things in icc do it when he could just swarm with the huge number of undead walking around icecrown. Just seems really stupid imo.

Id rather not have azshara watch us kill her army off slowly telling them to try harder and then leave when they lose with a "Your fun to watch so ill let you live... THIS TIME." stupid quote from LK.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 07:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    personally i hope it is a south seas expansion with Azshara as the main antagonist trying to summon the legion to azeroth again. Would tie in with the whole legion returning as well as ties up loose ends with the naga and missing islands and pirates. Could also be used to tie up the loose ends with the sinking island of Zandalar and the trolls there
    This is what i want, Azshara busy trying to summon the burning legion so we try to stop her. Could do Kul'tiras, tel abim, zandalar, plunder isle, the maelstrom( Boiling terrace, Drowned reaches, Gishan caverns, Mak'aru, Pillar deep, scintal reef, and the rift) and if they wanted to connect the rift to the rift of aln (since with the green dragonflight losing their aspect the nightmare is coming back) they could add the emerald dream to level in or something as well.

They could also have 2 end bosses with N'zoth and Azshara on the same tier.
    Last edited by Koreche; 2013-04-03 at 07:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara's probably switched allegiance to the Old Gods at this point - 10,000 years under their influence, all that movement during the Cataclysm, etc.

Totally on board with an Azshara expansion - would love to see her raising up islands with the power of Neptulon's trident. One new zone would bound to be Zandalar. Plus it's the perfect opportunity to get to Ny'alotha, the sunken Old God city.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Azshara with her new ocean controlling power as the end boss of next expansion. N'zoth be a patch end boss.
    Feh, shades of Wrath with Yogg-Saron playing second-fiddle to Arthas.

N'Zoth would work as a boss in either an Azshara or an Emerald Dream expansion, though... Kinda want to see us kill his physical body during an Azshara expac, then have his essence escape into the Dream and act as the core of the Nightmare for an Emerald Dream expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Azshara's probably switched allegiance to the Old Gods at this point - 10,000 years under their influence, all that movement during the Cataclysm, etc.

Totally on board with an Azshara expansion - would love to see her raising up islands with the power of Neptulon's trident. One new zone would bound to be Zandalar. Plus it's the perfect opportunity to get to Ny'alotha, the sunken Old God city.

Feh, shades of Wrath with Yogg-Saron playing second-fiddle to Arthas.

N'Zoth would work as a boss in either an Azshara or an Emerald Dream expansion, though... Kinda want to see us kill his physical body during an Azshara expac, then have his essence escape into the Dream and act as the core of the Nightmare for an Emerald Dream expac.
    Azshara wants to drown azeroth, not raise land from the waters :c

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korrah View Post
    Azshara wants to drown azeroth, not raise land from the waters :c
    Does she, though? Or is she arrogant enough that she wishes to return her kingdom to the center of the world, as it was 10,000 years ago, beneath the light of the stars?

Also, raising islands is awesome.

And many people complained about Vashj'ir's underwater mechanics, so I don't imagine we'll see an entire expansion's worth of content with zones like that,