Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy Killing Spree - The Silent Killer

Just wanted to compile stories from your best Killing Spree fails. To kick it off, here's a fellow guildmate's run-in with it during our Heroic Horridon progression.

Some other notables:
    • Killing Spree one of Ragnaros' flame hammer adds, Boomkin knocks it back, I land in lava.
    • Pop it on Ultraxion before they 'hotfixed' its usage, plummeted to my doom.
    • Almost every Heroic has some mob charge away to a ranged 30 yards behind us casting, and of course it picks THAT target to teleport off of.

Yours?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Magmaw in BWD before they fixed it.
    Could you really die on Magmaw? How long did that last? Because H Magmaw... that was 'the' spec to be.

Quote Originally Posted by kur1 View Post
    Could you really die on Magmaw? How long did that last? Because H Magmaw... that was 'the' spec to be.

first few weeks? i dont remender how long it lasted but i died to it alot

Do you guys remember using Killme Spree used on MoDW arms?

This ability can kill you on most fights. Havent had to play Combat in MOP but some from Cata :P

- Halfus - glitched and put me out of the room and I fell through the world
    - Magmaw - fell into lava when head went up
    - Atramedes - put me in middle of boss and failed
    - Baleroc - put me in middle of boss and spawned dangerous crystal
    - Ragnaros hc, to Molten Seeds

Well, the obvious time where combat was doing far higher than intended damage - Garalon - use Killme Spree incorrectly there and watch your raid scream at you.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Using Killing Spree on mobs in caves will sometimes send you through the floor and you'll fall to your repeated DC after DC.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Well, the obvious time where combat was doing far higher than intended damage - Garalon - use Killme Spree incorrectly there and watch your raid scream at you.
    This.
    I was relatively smart and tried it on a wipe pull anyways, and knew after that that it wasn't going to happen. Thank God it really wouldn't matter.

Also:
    Using Killme Spree on Stone Guard H when chains and/or bombs are coming out.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

10+ Year Old Account
    From this past tier, stone guardians (watching the bomb drop, not being able to run/target swap/chains), Elegon (had to wait for the breath attack -.-), Garalon (crush). Didn't really have a big issue with ToES...

Going back, my highlights would probably include falling through the floor in CM Siege of Niuzao before the gauntlet (oh hey, adds, maybe we should reset now), Beth (falling through the web)... lots of trash pulls...

Honestly my list isn't as long as I would have thought, mostly because I avoided combat when I could. In its place, however, shadowstep earns a special place in my heart for Ragnaros, MoDW, Spine (bugs- not stupid mistakes!), and too many others to count.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great topic. Every rogue out there knows the "Aw, fuck" feeling that killing spree can induce. Just pure, helpless shame. For me, nothing will beat our first Madness of Deathwing pull and KSing into the maelstrom when that giant tentacle bastard popped up.

That said, I've died horribly to Garalon once or twice, spreed into a pool on stone guard, etc.

You know what, though? I love killing spree. My favorite WoW moment is shuriken tossing a mage, watching him get low enough, and killing spree-ing as he blinks. Teleporting right alongside him and cutting him down in the air (why is was midair I don' know) must have been super confusing.

I got ported through the floor of Tempest Keep and fell to my doom just this morning. Quite frustrating considering I was on the final phase at the time.....

Quote Originally Posted by kur1 View Post
    Yes, I was killed on magmaw AFTER fix.

basically I'd killing spree the pinned head late into the pinned head phase (at deep insight to stack damage buffs).

At hit #5, the pinned head phase ends, magmaw stands back up, and the 5th killing spree ports behind him, dumping me into the lava.

Back in ulduar I would drag killing spree off my action bar so I wouldn't even hit it on accident on kologarn.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2013-04-03 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    Yes, I was killed on magmaw AFTER fix.

basically I'd killing spree the pinned head late into the pinned head phase (at deep insight to stack damage buffs).

At hit #5, the pinned head phase ends, magmaw stands back up, and the 5th killing spree ports behind him, dumping me into the lava.

Back in ulduar I would drag killing spree off my action bar so I wouldn't even hit it on accident on kologarn.
    it doesnt even work on kologarn anymore. so dumb

Deleted
    Ah, yes, Killme Spree, still get bagged using that, even when glyphed to return me to where I activated it. died just yesterday to it in fact....

Quote Originally Posted by Girouette View Post
    Ah, yes, Killme Spree, still get bagged using that, even when glyphed to return me to where I activated it. died just yesterday to it in fact....
    They need to fix killing spree to only work on your target and not jump you around and glyph it to aoe(may be OP in pvp) or remove it and give us a better cooldown

Ji-kun... seriously, who puts a puddle directly under the boss?!

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Ji-kun... seriously, who puts a puddle directly under the boss?!

Ughhh, I'm not combat. dont look at me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Do you guys remember using Killme Spree used on MoDW arms?
    Yes. So much yes. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    Using Killing Spree on mobs in caves will sometimes send you through the floor and you'll fall to your repeated DC after DC.
    Oh not just caves. I've been stuck in that D/C loop once before though and had log on an alt and submit a ticket to get my main moved to org. Everyday though I fall through the world and get D/C at least once. The D/C's out in the world seemed to start happening when I started using the glyph though.

Most recent annoyance was either on Garalon or Elegon. Wiped the group once on elegon by using kill spree for an orb thinking I was far enough from boss, but nope. Missed the orb completely and ported to boss and felt that wave of shame as my raid yelled at me for it. Could not even use it on Magmaw unless he was chained or else you would fall to a mario like death.

"Duncan why can't I Brez you, your corpse is out of range!?!?"
    "uhhhh....yeah sorry failspree again"
    "God dammit Duncan!!"
    /shame
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-04-04 at 01:31 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune