Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

THEORY: The next class will be evil/dark-themed

So I thought of this at work today and it seems, idk, plausible? In all the classes, there seems to be a running theme of one 'Good' class, one 'Neutral' class, and one 'Evil/Darker' class for each armor type. This may be a bit of a stretch, but I think it wouldn't be a horrible assumption to assume the next class is going to be darker. Think about it.

For Cloth, Warlocks are 'Bad,' Mages are 'Neutral' and Priests are 'Good'
    For Leather, Rogues are 'Bad,' Druids are 'Neutral' and Monks are 'Good' (Druids and Monks are arguably interchangeable.)
    For Mail, There is no 'Bad' class, Hunters are 'Neutral' and Shamans are 'Good'
    For Plate, Death Knights are 'Bad,' Warriors are 'Neutral' and Paladins are 'Good'

So by that logic, the next class will be a mail armor wearing and evil/dark themed.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd argue rogues are probably the most neutral class in WoW

chaotic neutral but w/e =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

And once again the Demon Hunter / Dark Ranger would fit that role. Damn it Blizzard start working on it already.

10+ Year Old Account
    That lines up with the "Dark Ranger" idea..

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't all fully apply, but close enough to be interesting, indeed. Would make sense, with the mail-wearing demon hunters people keep talking about wanting.

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    And once again the Demon Hunter / Dark Ranger would fit that role. Damn it Blizzard start working on it already.
    For all we know they could be.

I think the hunter is very evil class personally. They take the animal and try to make the slave then feed and eat the other meats. Nature is not for the man to tame and make slave. Maybe they make a mail neutral class instead.

OT what is your job OP this job sounds fun to think of this
    Trust your doubt. Always fight for your beliefs. That is the path beyond thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesnt really apply this way, for example Shamans aren't ''good'', Theres Dark Shaman, Ner'zhul, Shamans that served The Old Gods etc. Dark themed classes depend clearly on the theme of the expac, and atm, we just cant know what it might exacly be so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    It will be themed after the Demon Hunter, but possibly called another name. With Illidan most likely to return next Xpac "most likely Burning Legion based", I could see Illidan creating a new type of class based on technique e learned while trapped in the Nether.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gudder View Post
    I think the hunter is very evil class personally. They take the animal and try to make the slave then feed and eat the other meats. Nature is not for the man to tame and make slave.
    I didn't care about this thread until I saw this post in its hilarious level of ridiculousness/stupidity.

I think the next class is not going to be one of the greatly expected ones (demon hunter, dark ranger, etc.). If I was Blizzard, I would save making those for when the game needed a really big enthusiasm boost to avoid massive subscription losses (far larger than any they were having lately).
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Seems like a caster would be the next class introduced into the game, DK and Monk were the last two and they're melee on offense, plus tank and healer respectively. I am guessing Blizz would introduce a new offensive caster class because that would probably be the most interesting thing. Because imagine if they introduced a new melee class, that would start to get boring. They need something different, something new to really make things interesting. I dont think it would be a Demon Hunter, thats too much like regular hunter. And personally I hate Engineers in fantasy games. For me Engineer is the complete opposite of "fantasy".

What would be cool is if they took Demonology off Locks and made it into a new class, so that locks dont have demons or pets anymore. A new demon controller/caster class, and locks would be more Necromancer like summoning the dead and spirits and would have shadow and disease spells. And the demon caster class would rely heavily on a demon pet plus summoning demons allot and fire spells.

And of course we all know that a new caster class would just be pure over the top face roller OP at least until the next patch after it was introduced.

We SHOULD get demon Hunters. They could be Mail Tanks! Because that makes more sense than Leather tanks! But to really make it sweet, they could have a Tank Spec, a Ranged Spec, and a Melee spec. Kinda like how Shaman have Ranged/Melee/Healing. I don't believe there is a current class out there with a Ranged/Melee/Tank setup.

Quote Originally Posted by ColbaneX View Post
    We SHOULD get demon Hunters. They could be Mail Tanks! Because that makes more sense than Leather tanks! But to really make it sweet, they could have a Tank Spec, a Ranged Spec, and a Melee spec. Kinda like how Shaman have Ranged/Melee/Healing. I don't believe there is a current class out there with a Ranged/Melee/Tank setup.
    Ranged caster or ranged physical?

Anyway, OP's analysis is pretty bare-bones; class morality is left pretty ambiguous if you dig deeper than the surface. If I were to implement a class, it'd be an Engineer/Tinker with Mail gear who shoots lots of bullets, but that might just be me. If it were up to me, I wouldn't stick a class in, but some sort of alternate advancement similar to Path of the Titans.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Why do I feel that the claims posed by the op are be about is about as profound a declaration as the theory that air is good and should be breathed in regularly?

Quote Originally Posted by ColbaneX View Post
    Almost every bit of lore about Demon hunters points to them wearing little to no armor. Usually no armor. And what's not tanky about a class that is a giant bear or one that is all about it's nimble martial prowess and avoiding/deflecting damage. Not every tank has to be a meat who's answer to an axe to the face is to take said axe to the face.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2013-04-03 at 04:26 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

1) They might choose not to add any more classes to WoW. Eleven is a lot as it is.

2) If they do, it likely won't be until the expansion AFTER the next one. Next expansion is too soon after Monks.

3) If they do make Demon Hunters, they will have to have a totally different ability set than in Warcraft III since their iconic abilities are taken by other classes, notably Warlocks. In WoW terms a Demon Hunter is just a Night Elf Warlock.

That said, I think the OP does have something there with that rough pattern. Blizzard probably didn't do it deliberately though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarbald View Post
    Seems like a caster would be the next class introduced into the game, DK and Monk were the last two and they're melee on offense, plus tank and healer respectively. I am guessing Blizz would introduce a new offensive caster class because that would probably be the most interesting thing. Because imagine if they introduced a new melee class, that would start to get boring. They need something different, something new to really make things interesting. I dont think it would be a Demon Hunter, thats too much like regular hunter. And personally I hate Engineers in fantasy games. For me Engineer is the complete opposite of "fantasy".

What would be cool is if they took Demonology off Locks and made it into a new class, so that locks dont have demons or pets anymore. A new demon controller/caster class, and locks would be more Necromancer like summoning the dead and spirits and would have shadow and disease spells. And the demon caster class would rely heavily on a demon pet plus summoning demons allot and fire spells.

And of course we all know that a new caster class would just be pure over the top face roller OP at least until the next patch after it was introduced.
    Ummm if a Demon Hunter is like ANYTHING it would be like a rogue/warlock hybrid...

Demon Hunter from D3/Dark Ranger would fit better than Warcraft Demonhunter. There's been extensive threads on this, but I'll throw down the gist:

- Lack of 3rd Mail class
    - Lack of another ranged physical DPS

D3 DH/DR fit this niche.

Warcraft Demonhunter
    - cloth or leather
    - melee fighter
    - metamorphosis/demon magic

These are all covered already. We just got monks which are DW leather melee, alongside rogues who are also DW leather melee. The likelihood of getting another one is nil.

They would definitely need to do a major retcon on Demon Hunter lore to continue it.

For instance - Illidan was the first DH, he got to run around naked and melee things. He also got an insane amount of power ups (Skull of Guldan, Eyes from Sargeras himself). All the Blood Elf and Night Elf initiates who tried to follow his example were all killed because they lacked his power ups.

As a result, the new demon hunters had to adapt to wearing heavier armor for protection and/or possibly fighting from a distance since they lacked Illidan's durability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Demon Hunter from D3/Dark Ranger would fit better than Warcraft Demonhunter. There's been extensive threads on this, but I'll throw down the gist:

- Lack of 3rd Mail class
    - Lack of another ranged physical DPS

D3 DH/DR fit this niche.

Warcraft Demonhunter
    - cloth or leather
    - melee fighter
    - metamorphosis/demon magic

These are all covered already. We just got monks which are DW leather melee, alongside rogues who are also DW leather melee. The likelihood of getting another one is nil.

They would definitely need to do a major retcon on Demon Hunter lore to continue it.

For instance - Illidan was the first DH, he got to run around naked and melee things. He also got an insane amount of power ups (Skull of Guldan, Eyes from Sargeras himself). All the Blood Elf and Night Elf initiates who tried to follow his example were all killed because they lacked his power ups.

As a result, the new demon hunters had to adapt to wearing heavier armor for protection and/or possibly fighting from a distance since they lacked Illidan's durability.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=18388 Given we have a 1h Cross-Bow, a Dark Ranger would fit perfectly.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

15+ Year Old Account
    Druid and Monks are more Neutral then anything.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

This is a good observation but I believe next class will be ABOVE ALL the armor set currently in game, maybe they will be wood wearing class or some new kind of type of armor, I believe, they will be like hunter but they will not have the use for the pets, they will have maybe wooden machhine guns or something of this nature. I believe that the pandas and the nature love of this expansion is preparing us for a wooden armor class, maybe they will be a hunter type, maybe they will be samurai type like warrior+monk COMBINE.

So yes, my guess is they wear some kind of wood, as to what faction they will be with I do not know, but maybe neutral, I do not believe someone who wears wood could be evil, unless of course they are satanist or of the wicked faith or something like this, you see what I mean?