Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

What is the deal with LFR loot?

Seriously what's the deal? I don't mean to be a QQ monster, but I'm getting really sick of hearing about the plethora of loot people are grabbing up, while I'm sitting at 490. 5.2 has been out for 4 weeks, sitting in the 5th week now. So what gives?

I'm sure someone will say just raid with your guild, but I don't have the time to raid traditionally anymore. Honestly, LFR feels like a slow gold grind with the purpose being me paying $15/month to gear up everyone else.

So quit if you do not believe it is worth your time or money.

What did you expect? Full LFR gear before all the wings are even out?

LFR gear is randomly distributed. So yes, some people will have more than others. Overall, the distribution will show a certain percentage of likelihood of loot drops, but you shouldn't personally expect to get exactly that drop rate. And last tier's LFR gave up to 483. You're already at 490 now and we're about a month into the tier. There's plenty of time to go and the full LFR hasn't even been released yet. A little patience goes a long way.

Or you could just believe the system is bad and Blizzard should just guarantee the gear drops.

I wouldn't mind, it'd get a lot of whiny LFR people to unsub for a while.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    So quit if you do not believe it is worth your time or money.
    That's extremely likely. Most of the people who aren't garbage left a long time ago anyway.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 05:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    What did you expect? Full LFR gear before all the wings are even out?

LFR gear is randomly distributed. So yes, some people will have more than others. Overall, the distribution will show a certain percentage of likelihood of loot drops, but you shouldn't personally expect to get exactly that drop rate. And last tier's LFR gave up to 483. You're already at 490 now and we're about a month into the tier. There's plenty of time to go and the full LFR hasn't even been released yet. A little patience goes a long way.

Or you could just believe the system is bad and Blizzard should just guarantee the gear drops.

I wouldn't mind, it'd get a lot of whiny LFR people to unsub for a while.
    490 by the grace of valor points. Drops are a myth. I'm not expecting to be geared out, you missed my point and read what you wanted to read. I'm expecting to be mildly in the same position as everyone else. We've got people complaining about getting the same piece 4 times already. I'd like to get that one piece once, or do better than 1 piece/5 weeks. I think that's perfectly reasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen a lot of posts with people talking about T15 LFR being great for handing out gear. I know they changed the deal on T14 so that that LFR tier is better as a catchup thing. Perhaps that's what you're hearing about. In any case, as they say, RNG is RNG.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I've gotten 6 cloaks per 6 token rolls. That's just dumb, normal and LFR. WTB new algorithms.

My priest has done every lockout in T15 LFR and is 498 now, with a couple pieces of 522 valor gear. She has been a little lucky with drops but nothing ridiculous.

As far as I know the T15 LFR drop rate is still 15% or whatever T14 used to be. T14 is now 30% or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackie View Post
    That's extremely likely. Most of the people who aren't garbage left a long time ago anyway.
    Well, that's offensive.

If you are quitting WoW due to loot problem, it's sad. I think there's much more to this game than just "SHINY EPICZ".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Well, that's offensive.

If you are quitting WoW due to loot problem, it's sad. I think there's much more to this game than just "SHINY EPICZ".
    Obviously there's more to the game than that, but what's offensive is paying $15/month to hear everyone talk about the multiple same pieces they're getting, or only getting 2 piece tier while I'm still waiting for one. Or how about the Mage in my guild who has received loot from Oondatsa 3 weeks in a row, while I'm the king of refuse?

Honestly I just wish it was more fair and not a loot pinata for some people while other people have to spend a month hunting for a piece. That of course is my opinion, I'm sure there are some who think it's fantastic. Agree/disagree, makes no difference to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Complains about not getting gear.
    Doesn't even raid outside LFR.

I lul'd.
    Seriously.
    Why should you get the gear when they are raiders who actually will use it for fights that are actually hard.
    Why do you care about a number when your not raiding out of LFR?

WHYWHYWHY!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

On the other hand, (been fairly lucky with drops on my "main"), I forsee myself parking him pretty soon due to lack of gear incentives in the current LFR tier.

(Did organized raiding from classic MC-> first tier in Cata and cba the commitment anymore).

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post

I lul'd.
    Seriously.
    Why should you get the gear when they are raiders who actually will use it for fights that are actually hard.

WHYWHYWHY!
    It's funny. One might argue that the gear makes up for the handicap of not being such a skilled raider. It seems odd that we would then give the gear with higher stats and hence more of a player assist to the heroic mode players. Imagine a game where elite players used less gear than others to beat encounters, wouldn't that be more of a challenge?

I lul'd.
    Seriously.

WHYWHYWHY!
    why do you give a fuck about people that get epic gear outside a guild when they dont raid?
    why do you care about other peoples goals whether it involves there ilvl or not?

WHYWHYWHY!

Why dont you stopping giving a fuck about what others do and get on with your own life.
    whywhywhywhywhywhywhwypwjfopsehfp[wrsfgvw
    Last edited by Suggs; 2013-04-03 at 06:19 AM.

I lul'd.
    Seriously.

WHYWHYWHY!
    I couldn't agree more. It's not like LFR is supposed to be the main source of gear. Hell, I raid both LFR and proper raids, yet in all those weeks I've got 2 pieces of loot. So what? The game isn't based on gear, and if you didn't know, statistics work this way. Do something that's fun and interesting for you for a change instead.
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.7GHz | MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G x2 in SLI | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard
    8 GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 | Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
    2x Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB + Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSDs (three-way raid 0)
    Cooler Master HAF 912 plus case | Corsair AX1200 power supply | Thermaltake NiC C5 Untouchable CPU cooler
    Asus PG278Q ROG SWIFT (1440p @ 144 Hz, GSync + 3D vision)

10+ Year Old Account
    I went 1 month without a single drop from 5.0 LFRs. It's called RNG. I still don't have T14 4 set for either of my specs.
    (I wasn't using coins at that point so partially my fault I know, but still that's 4 lockouts with not a single drop!)
    It sucks to see everyone else getting gear but it's soooo much better than the previous system
    of praying to C'thun that there'd be no douches in the raid who would need on gear they already
    had only to try and sell it to you somehow. I'm fine with going weeks without any gear versus the old system.

The reality is... if you're not happy playing anymore it might be time to move on. It's a hard decision to make
    when you've played a game you love but truly is it worth the stress to stick around?
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

I just got my first piece of loot from ToT LFR. Ran it every time it was up and used all my coins.

And people still call LFR a loot pinata lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackie View Post
    Seriously what's the deal? I don't mean to be a QQ monster, but I'm getting really sick of hearing about the plethora of loot people are grabbing up, while I'm sitting at 490. 5.2 has been out for 4 weeks, sitting in the 5th week now. So what gives?

I'm sure someone will say just raid with your guild, but I don't have the time to raid traditionally anymore. Honestly, LFR feels like a slow gold grind with the purpose being me paying $15/month to gear up everyone else.
    Haha.

And you didnt 'mean to be a qq monster'?

I don't mean to be a QQ monster
    You are a QQ monster just like the rest of the cry babies.

but I don't have the time to raid traditionally anymore
    Than why do you even want the gear? As long you can enter the LFR instances, what's the problem?

If you have demands of a subscription fee, try Penthouse instead.

can we just transition this into a rant about the wildly erratic drop rate of the secrets for all raiders