Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackie View Post
    That's extremely likely. Most of the people who aren't garbage left a long time ago anyway.[COLOR="red"]
    Actually by today's standards most of the old veteran raiders were scrubs compared to what people are doing now. End game raider skill is highest it's ever been. And as somebody who doesn't even do real raids, only LFR I really don't see how it's your place to call others garbage. At least they're doing real raiding, and not whining about LFR drop rates on MMO-C forums.

I agree with OP.
    The thing is that it demotivates me from logging on... it has been quite a while now that I didn't bother to log on.
    My personal problem is that everything just became a grind.... not 1 or 2 things, I feel like everything became a grind.
    I doesn't need to be true but to me it feels that way.

it isn't fun, for me personal, to play this game anymore.. so I don't. I am still subbed though... but the way it is going, I don't know for how long.
    This is the first time, since I play (tbc) that I just don't feel like logging in.

Deleted
    1. The loot rates in 5.0 LFRs have increased, people might just be talking about that.

2. RNG isn't called "random" for no reason. You were unlucky for a while, get over it.

3. If you only pay a subscribtion to get loot handed out to you every week, you might as well quit, yeah.

What happened to just having fun in video games?

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    can we just transition this into a rant about the wildly erratic drop rate of the secrets for all raiders
    I had 5 secrets spread out over 3 weeks then 6 just dropped in one day today lololololol

I honestly can't understand why you care about loot if all you do is play LFR.

How can loot be the sole factor keeping you in the game, is it that exciting to get loot for you?

The game is random and will always be random, i've gotten gloves and wand on my priest, only one of which i use.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

i feel for ya. back in tier 14 my mage was doing sha of fear and starting heroic modes in msv/hof soon while still using a pathetic 483 dagger i found off of reg, after my 8th week in lfr/normal raid modes... seriously....8 weeks without a single wep drop.. doing tsulong around 20x or more and nothing.. meanwhile my hunter got 14 pieces of gear the first time he hit 90 and went to lfr.. no joke.. went from 463 to 482 in the same weekend. and i dont even play my hunter or have a use for him.

the lfr rates should be normalized.. which they are supposably doing in 5.3 the worse drop rate you have the higher chance of getting a piece from the next boss or so on.
    Last edited by announced; 2013-04-03 at 07:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously what's the deal? I don't mean to be a QQ monster, but I'm getting really sick of hearing about the plethora of loot people are grabbing up, while I'm sitting at 490. 5.2 has been out for 4 weeks, sitting in the 5th week now. So what gives?

I'm sure someone will say just raid with your guild, but I don't have the time to raid traditionally anymore. Honestly, LFR feels like a slow gold grind with the purpose being me paying $15/month to gear up everyone else.
    *shrug* My alt gets showered in loot in LFR compared to my main. 4 items last week. Cloak, Horridon trinket, boots, robe. The week before, she also got 2 items. Happy little priest. My main? A chest for off-spec that gave me 6 item levels. Granted, I don't have use for many things that LFR could give me, but there are some that I'd gladly take (like that trinket that my alt has >_<).

Long story short: RNG is RNG. RNG may screw you over. RNG may love you. Random is random.

Deleted
    Everything is not about loot but people who just do LFR have the right to want and roll loot as any other player, hardcore or not.
    Its nice to have some shinies.

I personally think the loot system does need fixing I am a Frost DK and after 5 raid resets (1 before 5.2) after completing them all and countless bonus rolls still amazingly l have 2 blue TANK items. (thats 20 HC dungeons worth of fails as well) I am also still missing 2 power sigils!!!

But I still play on because its not all about the loot, but it is nice when you get some.

Seriously what's the deal? I don't mean to be a QQ monster, but I'm getting really sick of hearing about the plethora of loot people are grabbing up, while I'm sitting at 490. 5.2 has been out for 4 weeks, sitting in the 5th week now. So what gives?

I'm sure someone will say just raid with your guild, but I don't have the time to raid traditionally anymore. Honestly, LFR feels like a slow gold grind with the purpose being me paying $15/month to gear up everyone else.
    Ok get this mate. 1st week i got my shammy to 90 it got a lot of drops... wanted to start gearing my dk aswell... guess what!!!!! hardly any gear... its random mate
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Deleted
    Getting the same piece on coin 3 times while having 2 other usuable drops on a boss isnt fun either.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    And as somebody who doesn't even do real raids, only LFR I really don't see how it's your place to call others garbage. At least they're doing real raiding, and not whining about LFR drop rates on MMO-C forums.
    this guy really nailed it. thanks for saying more or less what i wanted to in a way that wont result in an infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Than why do you even want the gear? As long you can enter the LFR instances, what's the problem?
    that's such a shitty and stupid argument i can't believe anyone actually uses it outside of sarcasm

because progressing your character is fun and in wow at level cap the primary way of that progression is through gear

Deleted
    Gotta love the people that jump down the OP's throat "OMG U ONLY LOG ON FOR FREE EPIX" /yawn, if you have nothing constructive to add then just keep quiet.

I've done well with the new legendary Q items, on 5 with 2 wings still to clear this week. As for loot, I still think the system is flawed. The Mogu charms should give GUARANTEED loot (in LFR only, too OP for normal / heroic), the effort put into doing dailies should be more rewarding than "double gold".

While I used to raid normals and heroics heavily, I really, really dislike the sentiment of other normal/heroic raiders who talk shit on LFR raiders. The only difference between each of them is one can't dedicate enough time in their lives to raiding. Honestly, the root of that whole feeling has to be they have nothing else going on in their lives except having some more stats over an LFR geared person and they need to try to build themselves up by putting those people down. Sad really.

LFR is raiding too.

Perfect example: I linked a trinket I got out of raid finder in chat and someone jumped in and commented that it had 'Raid Finder' on it so it doesn't count and then proceeded to berate every LFR raider. Get over yourself... you run scripted encounters that anyone can learn given the time. It's a fucking game.

There are good players and bad players in both areas, there really are. I've seen really shitty players get carried in even some heroic modes by a good raid team. There are also really great players in LFR. Sometimes I see things people do in there that would be the difference between a wipe or a win, 1 healer carrying the other 5, etc.

LFR isn't a sign of lack of skill, rather lack of time, nothing more, nothing less.

RNG is a bitch my friend

It just is either accept it or quit

5 weeks without loot in LFR wow thats so sad, uhm no.
    Ever since HoF came out I have been trying to get my greedy little hands on the claw from empress to this date running LFR and normals (well not normals anymore since ToT came out) and still not 1 claw has dropped in regular raid, LFR and bonus roll.
    Does this suck yes do I moan sometimes but it is RNG, now I am sporting some nice new ToT shiny, much better, yet I will keep running HoF as I am a greedy bastard and want that claw.
    Knowing my luck it won't drop till 2015 BUT I DEAL WITH IT.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Deleted
    To be fair, the RNG gods just don't seem to smile on a lot of players, for example, every hunter in my guild (& most I've seen in Org/The Shrine) at 90 has Fang Kung or better, I have 483 or better in every slot, save a trink, & I'm STILL rocking a 463 Rare Crossbow, whereas my other 2 'Mains' have 476 or better epic weapons coming out of their ears so-to-speak. It's all perspective my friend.

Deleted
    ok, here`s my take...
    people do LFR for loot, lets not beat about the bush here & say theyre not. yes, ppl get to see the content however much it is watered down, but its mainly to get loot. people who do normal raids, its probably less so but im sure people /sigh when an item doesnt drop for them. lets not kid ourselves here & say people dont go into raids for the fun of it because in my humble opinion its all about what you get out of it.
    im not trolling, just offering my own personal & i think very valid point.

EDIT no, i dont raid anymore.
    Last edited by mmoc4e24d898ce; 2013-04-03 at 12:49 PM.

R&D forums on mmo-champion and the wow forums used to be interesting, now it's basically watered down to "wahh my LFR loot" posts.

LFR doesn't take effort, why would you expect to be showered in items? The only way you could get items for less effort would be logging in to a mailbox with a random chest each week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    You are a QQ monster just like the rest of the cry babies.

Than why do you even want the gear? As long you can enter the LFR instances, what's the problem?
    Because everyone needs a way to progress their character. Why are you afraid of people getting LFR loot which is less powerful than your normal/heroic loot?

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 11:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    I honestly can't understand why you care about loot if all you do is play LFR.

How can loot be the sole factor keeping you in the game, is it that exciting to get loot for you?

The game is random and will always be random, i've gotten gloves and wand on my priest, only one of which i use.
    Loot is and will always be the primary method for progressing your character in WoW. Achievements and pet battles don't make you stronger.