Give people limits on how many threads that they can create in a day

That annoying spam is back and clearly you dont wanna go down that whole capcha route so why not limit peoples ability to create threads in a day?

If anyone posts more than 3 threads in a day then they are clearly spamming and that should be the limit.

There shouldnt be a reason anyone needs to post more than 3 threads in a day and it would stop the spammers in there tracks.

Now sure i drunk post now and again but i never feel the need to post more than 3 threads in any given day and iam sure its a easy thing to implement especially if its a newbie account that is clearly made to spam the shit out of this website!!

If you feel you need to post more than 3 threads then clearly what is on your mind can wait another 24 hours.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-09-27 at 07:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fsdhjte View Post

That annoying spam is back and clearly you dont wanna go down that whole capcha route so why not limit peoples ability to create threads in a day?

If anyone posts more than 3 threads in a day then they are clearly spamming and that should be the limit.

There shouldnt be a reason anyone needs to post more than 3 threads in a day and it would stop the spammers in there tracks.

Now sure i drunk post now and again but i never feel the need to post more than 3 threads in any given day and iam sure its a easy thing to implement especially if its a newbie account that is clearly made to spam the shit out of this website!!

If you feel you need to post more than 3 threads then clearly what is on your mind can wait another 24 hours.
    A limit of 3 threads a day would also limit honest discussion on the forum. Especially when news hits on various subforums, you don't wish to close it up.

As well, just like it has been mentioned before by the moderators and admins. If you start close up the doors and paths for threads, then the bots will just start posting in legitimate threads, which makes it more difficult to catch in fast enough. It wouldn't stop them, just scatter them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    A limit of 3 threads a day would also limit honest discussion on the forum. Especially when news hits on various subforums, you don't wish to close it up.

As well, just like it has been mentioned before by the moderators and admins. If you start close up the doors and paths for threads, then the bots will just start posting in legitimate threads, which makes it more difficult to catch in fast enough. It wouldn't stop them, just scatter them.
    To be fair not eveyone needs to be the first one to post a thread when anything happens and if you have reached your limit you can bet your ass someone else will make that thread then you can post your opinion in it.

Starting threads can be addictive and i know alot of people who are (myself included especially when i have had 1 too many beverages) But having limits isnt a bad thing especially on this website.

If you have more topics to bring up after you hit 3 then iam sure you can hold your peace till the next day its not that hard and iam sure the world will still turn if you cant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fsdhjte View Post
    To be fair not eveyone needs to be the first one to post a thread when anything happens and if you have reached your limit you can bet your ass someone else will make that thread then you can post your opinion in it.

Starting threads can be addictive and i know alot of people who are (myself included especially when i have had 1 too many beverages) But having limits isnt a bad thing especially on this website.

If you have more topics to bring up after you hit 3 then iam sure you can hold your peace till the next day its not that hard and iam sure the world will still turn if you cant.
    That doesn't work that way, my friend. I am sorry. We don't all work the same way. Some loves to discuss, others just love to lurk.

Putting a limit on won't stop the spam, it'll just stop the spam threads. Then you'll have spammers spam in legitimate discussions, or necro up old ones.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That doesn't work that way, my friend. I am sorry. We don't all work the same way. Some loves to discuss, others just love to lurk.

Putting a limit on won't stop the spam, it'll just stop the spam threads. Then you'll have spammers spam in legitimate discussions, or necro up old ones.
    Then they will get banned like i did when i necroed a old thread

The safeguards are there to stop these abuses but sometimes the mods aint here to stop the deluge of spam we get from that weird ass magick company,

That was the point of my advice and like i said the huge majority of the MMO community can surely live with only being able to post 3 threads a day and if you feel the need to post more then iam sure what is on your mind it can wait another 24 hours.

Iam talking about threads not messages if i didnt make that clear
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-09-27 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I honestly cannot fathom how people can be so annoyed by that silly harmless spam that the mods delete as soon as one wakes up when the forums has far more significant issues with moderation
    Cause its been happening for years and years and its time to end it once and for all!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Limit for new users is fine. Not that much for old users.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Limit for new users is fine. Not that much for old users.
    I would be ok with that

Also when i say Threads i mean new Topics incase anyone misunderstood what iam saying. Iam not talking about limiting how many times you can post just how many topics you can create in a day and i feel 3 is a very reasonable number.

Chaud literally just answered why we don't do this two threads down here:

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    They'll just post as a reply to threads and make it harder to track down.

Ultimately, it will wind up in more spam across the site just as posts instead of threads. It is way, way easier for us to handle them in thread form rather than posts.

Closing this.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions