New Pegasus Mount, ToT LFR Wing Opens Today
Patch 5.3 PTR Notes Update - April 2
- Heroic Scenarios
- Heroic scenarios require a pre-made group to join.
- Heroic scenarios offer bonus objectives that will reward additional valor if completed.
- An option to run a random heroic scenario has been added as a drop-down in the scenario tab in Dungeon Finder.
- Players can complete a normal or heroic scenario for bonus valor each day, but not both.
- Six heroic scenarios will be available in patch 5.3. Four are new and two are upgrades of existing normal scenarios.
- Quest Campaign: Escalation
- The Darkspear Trolls are in open rebellion against the Warchief! Aid your faction in preparing to rout Garrosh Hellscream from Orgrimmar
- Alliance heroes will scout Orgrimmar's outskirts and engage in SI:7 espionage to weaken Garrosh’s power structure.
- Horde heroes will help Vol’jin’s insurgency survive a Kor’kron assault and advance towards the Horde capital.
- Visit Lorewalker Cho at the Seat of Knowledge in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms to begin questing.
- Battlefield: Barrens
- Put the stranglehold on Orgrimmar by undermining the Kor’kron supply chain in Northern Barrens.
- Collect resources by killing Kor’kron loyalists and their supporters.
- Get a group together to kill Kor’kron leaders for bonus resources.
- Escort your faction’s caravans across the zone for even more additional resources.
- The Darkspear Rebellion will reward your efforts to undermine the Warchief by helping you upgrade Latent Kor’kron Armor into useable gear.
- Participate in the Escalation Quest Campaign to learn how to engage in the Barrens conflict.
- The Legendary Quest Continues
- Journey with Wrathion to the four corners of Pandaria to speak with the August Celestials.
- Champions will have had to complete Wrathion’s earlier tasks (including “Heart of the Thunder King”) to continue.
- New Brawler’s Guild Bosses
- Test your might against two new tiers of bosses in the Brawl’gar Arena in Orgrimmar or Bizmo’s Brawl Pub in Stormwind.
- New VIP areas are now accessible for brawlers at or above rank 8.
- Bizmo has raised the floor in his arena to hide the bodies. Or... maybe to improve the sight lines. We’ll never know for sure.
- Special “Challenge Cards” can now drop from mobs or reward satchels, allowing you to summon and battle unique bosses.
- Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Force of Nature is no longer on global cooldown and summons a single Treant. The Treant no longer has a control bar, immediately uses its special abilities on the Druid’s current target, and accumulates 1 charge every 20 seconds up to a maximum of 3 charges.
- Glyph of Solar Beam have been removed and replaced with Glyph of Omens.
- New Glyph: Glyph of Omens: While the Druid is not in a Solar or Lunar Eclipse, the following abilities will generate 10 Solar or Lunar Energy: Entangling Roots, Cyclone, Faerie Fire, Solar Beam, Faerie Swarm, Mass Entanglement, Typhoon, Disorienting Roar, Ursol's Vortex, and Mighty Bash.
- Solar Beam is now more responsive when players enter and leave the beam's area-of-effect.
- Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Hunters now have 50 pet stable slots, up from 20.
- Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Pet Battle Duels are now available in all dungeons and raids. Enjoy!
- Pet Battles in the wild and duels are now viewable by other players in the world.
- Hit Chance is now displayed for all abilities.
- Abilities no longer have a base chance to miss or be dodged by opposing pets of the same level.
- Reduced the chance to miss when fighting higher-level opponents from 5% per level to 2% per level.
- Blistering Cold had now deals 100% more damage.
- A series of new achievements and rewards have been added for max-level matchmaking PvP pet battles
- Wins for max-level, matchmaking PvP pet battles can now be tracked in statistics.
- Battle pets' recent ability loadouts will now be saved when pets are swapped in and out of battle slots.
- Species specific Flawless Battle-Stones are now Bind to Battle.net account.
- Battle Pets
- A number of new battle pets have been added to the Throne of Thunder and Isle of Thunder. Happy hunting!
- Whispers from pet tamers in the north have spread word of an elusive new battle pet that can be found in the frozen tundras of Northrend. The Unborn Val'kyr awaits.
- Battle Pet drops have been added to Burning Crusade raids. These new pets can be obtained from raid bosses in Karazhan, Tempest Keep and Serpenshrine Cavern. Obtaining all of these new pets will reward players with a new battle pet, Tito!
- Ethereal Soul-Trader has been returned to his original, larger size.
- Battle Pet Quests
- Beasts of Fable daily quest has been broken into three separate chapters. Players can now choose to do any or all of the chapters each day. Rewards have been modified to include a new consumable that will boost battle pet XP for a limited time.
- All Beasts of Fable and Spirit Tamer quests will now reward experience and lesser charms.
- Increased the difficulty of elite pets on the Beasts of Fable quest.
- A new weekly quest for max-level, matchmaking PvP pet battles has been added.
- Resilience has been removed from most PvP gear.
- Resilience gems and enchants will continue to be available and remain unchanged.
- 4-piece PvP set bonus for all Season 12 and 13 armor sets that granted 1000 Resilience now grants 1000 PvP Power instead.
- Season 13 Tyrannical gear had their item levels increased to ilevel 496, up from ilevel 493. Weapons and shields/off-hand items remain unchanged at ilevel 498.
- Glorious Tyranny weapon enchantment now grants 600 PvP Power instead of 400 PvP Power and 200 Resilience.
- New weapon enchantment: Bloody Dancing Steel is functionally equivalent to Dancing Steel, shares the same visual effect as Glorious Tyranny, costs a scroll of the base enchant, and requires a 2200 rating.
- New weapon enchantment: Spirit of Conquest is functionally equivalent to Jade Spirit, shares the same visual effect as Glorious Tyranny, costs a scroll of the base enchant, and requires a 2200 rating.
- Tyrannical Gladiator’s Tabard and Tyrannical Gladiator’s Greatcloak are available as new prestige items at 2500 rating for 1000 Conquest Points.
Battlegrounds and Arenas
- Dalaran Arena: Masons of Dalaran have been hard at work installing steps in the two remaining corners of the arena.
- Eye of the Storm: The starting platforms have been lowered.
- Reduced the amount of Justice, Honor, and Darkmoon Faire tickets needed to upgrade heirloom items by 60%.
- Players starting on Cataclysm content can purchase level-80 gear from vendors located in Hyjal and Vashj'ir.
- A new achievement and reward has been added for obtaining 200 mounts.
- A new option to display pet tamers on the world map has been added. This should help players looking to find unlocked pet tamer daily quests.